Is something wrong with Zack Martin?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
When a guy making as much money as he was holds out the way he did it is because he knows the end is near. Martin is still a solid player for sure. Better than average for sure. Problem is he is paid to dominate.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is struggling with ankle and groin issues. He is healthy enough to play but not near his best form. This may be near the end for him at age 33. He’s had a HOF caliber career if he retired tomorrow.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He's still having a good year and should be the least of our concerns on the oline. The guy to his right on the other hand is having a tough year..

CoachD

Reaction score
Ummmmmm when the Cowboys need a yard they still run it in his direction so what does that tell you?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Mixture of Brown being a great player and Martin not being All-World any longer. It happens....

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I predict next year will be his last. He’s fading fast. He knew it which is why he held out to get as much as he could before he left. Tyler is the far better guard at this point

gtb1943

Reaction score
He is struggling with ankle and groin issues. He is healthy enough to play but not near his best form. This may be near the end for him at age 33. He’s had a HOF caliber career if he retired tomorrow.
the older you get the more the little injuries matter. He is still a top 5 guard in the NFL even now.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I predict next year will be his last. He’s fading fast. He knew it which is why he held out to get as much as he could before he left. Tyler is the far better guard at this point
just because you want something to be true does not make it so

blueblood70

Reaction score
I can’t remember the last time he got manhandled like he did today. Brown was eating his lunch on most play’s except the long run play.
I can he's looked like that all year he's so inconsistent right now and the fact that he got that big head syndrome got paid and now it doesn't look good I know he's not doing it on purpose but this place was open arms because Jerry didn't run out and hand him that money and then finally broke down and gave it to him really Jerry was right Zach Martin is an aging player that was paid very well even before he got his new contract and now it's not playing up to it when you have three players if you go from center all the way to the right not playing very well you know where the defense is lining up... Martin and steele are really the weak spot on this line which is odd to say.. I realize he's getting banged up he's getting older but that's the reason you don't pay a guy

yet this place once again was calling Jerry Jones stupid for having an issue paying him until he finally broke down and paid him and now what what would you like to discuss the fact that Jerry was correct he saw this he already paid Martin very good and yet this place was hating on Jerry Jones once again and are very wrong once again....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not really. He’s just getting old and isn’t all-pro anymore.

He’s fine for another year or two since we have other o-line spots to fill, but it’s not like he can be great forever.
I don't like Jerry gave him more money just to be fine he gave him that money because he was supposed to be an all pro and once again Jerry was correct and dragging his feet and thinking about not paying Martin and let Martin hold out Martin is aging he's lost a step and yet he had the gall to hold out for more money.. I'm not hating on the guy I agree he's just a really good guard now but he got paid to be an all pro.. This dude's not gonna be Teflon in my book if you wanna hate on other guys that got paid and then all of a sudden fell off the map well he's open for discussion then we can debate the fact that he held out got paid and now it's not living up to his own billing

Creeper

Reaction score
A little off topic, but what you see in Brown, could be what Mazi looks like in 2 years.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
lol Derrick Brown is just that good and Strong and Martin is still healing.

Martin gets beat occasionally, it happens.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I can’t remember the last time he got manhandled like he did today. Brown was eating his lunch on most play’s except the long run play.
the OL is playing on their heels, they are being told to read and react, which makes it challenging, as opposed to attacking the DL and controlling them. Martin has for all his career, been attacking DL men, controlling them, now he is asked to play a different style and its hurting the entire OL. these are big strong OL men, not smaller, nimble ones that are better for zone blocking. if we don't change our OL scheme, we are going to continue to struggle.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I suspect Zack noticed a drop in his physical abilities and that’s why he demanded an extension. He’s been pretty average all year.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Injury and the other guy is an absolute stud.

Not that CAR would have ever parted with Brown, but I wanted to send our 1st rounder to CAR for him last year.