Is something wrong with Zack Martin?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I suspect Zack noticed a drop in his physical abilities and that’s why he demanded an extension. He’s been pretty average all year.
100%. If he was confident he could have waited and signed one big massive final contract. He knew that if he waited his next deal had the potential to be pretty small by comparison.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
That Carolina DLine is no slouch. They definitely have the foundation for a really good defense. Martin is getting older, missed camp, and our Oline as a whole has seemingly struggled all season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zack Martin didn't ask for more money for no reason. He's still a solid lineman. Derrick Brown is a beast. Two beasts collide you gonna win some and lose some. Not concerned with him honestly but yeah like others have stated Father Time is undefeated.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I can’t remember the last time he got manhandled like he did today. Brown was eating his lunch on most play’s except the long run play.
Eating his lunch is making a few plays, some of which did not come against Martin?

I think this is an overexaggeration based on one play where Brown pushed Martin off him and stuffed Pollard.

J_Allen

Reaction score
No he's just injured. I don't buy the claims he's getting old. He's got 3 or 4 years left of All Pro level play.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It's obvious that Martin has lost some of his abilities. But geesh.

Somebody here sees two or three plays here and makes wild proclamations and a thread is off to the races without anyone tapping the brakes and asking for better info. I'll wait for more informed, sensible and *balanced* information.
I can agree with this. I think the eyeball evidence we've seen is that Martin isn't quite up to his normal All-Pro level of play where he's been almost unbeatable. We see him get beat a few times (in a season) and suddenly something is wrong with him, beyond the natural course of wear and tear.

He stalemated Brown for most of this game, getting cleanly beat that one time and I'd have to go back and look to see if there were others. The only other time I really noticed Brown was when he beat Biadasz badly.

Brown did finish with eight tackles, which seems to be fairly normal for him, but not all of them came against Martin.

ksadler1

Reaction score
All I know is the FO needs to be much more pro-active on the Oline, whether that be in the draft or FA.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with Zack!

Well ...nothing besides the inevitable fact that you peak in your mid 20's, and then start on that never ending decline that robs you of your abilities a little bit more every year you live and doesn't stop until they plop you in the ground.

Happy Monday!

kskboys

Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with Zack!

Well ...nothing besides the inevitable fact that you peak in your mid 20's, and then start on that never ending decline that robs you of your abilities a little bit more every year you live and doesn't stop until they plop you in the ground.

Happy Monday!
Yup. Whats wrong w/ Zach is that he's old. 33 is ancient for an NFL player.

kskboys

Reaction score
He is a bust. Horrible draft pick.

He does exactly what is asked of him very well and is still pretty useless.
How do you do it? Your assessments are extremely off, over and over and over. Do you try to just run around making inane statements?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Was watching Brown and wondering why can’t Mazi do that. LOL Finally spend a 1st on a big interior defensive presence and doesn't pan out.