Video: Is Taking Kyle Pitts At Pick 10 Insanity For The Cowboys? GBag Nation

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
You obviously are young and naive about orthopedic injuries.

Knees, elbows, shoulder, ankles and all heal and can be rehabbed well.

Once you mess with the spine, you are messing with G-d's territory. You can never be the same when you have back surgery. When you violate that holy space, the spine, you may repair one damaged area, but you invaded a place connected with the central nervous system and the brain. The player no longer can take blows and the pounding as he did before. He no longer has that natural defense.

Caleb Farley will never have a lengthy injury-free career. He is off my board completely.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
You obviously are young and naive about orthopedic injuries.

Knees, elbows, shoulder, ankles and all heal and can be rehabbed well.

Once you mess with the spine, you are messing with G-d's territory. You can never be the same when you have back surgery. When you violate that holy space, the spine, you may repair one damaged area, but you invaded a place connected with the central nervous system and the brain. The player no longer can take blows and the pounding as he did before. He no longer has that natural defense.

Caleb Farley will never have a lengthy injury-free career. He is off my board completely.
Very interesting point. I figured at his age and with all the medical technology this was just a small obstacle to overcome. But this is his 2nd back surgery and that put up a big red flag for me.

rambo2

Reaction score
He's a healed young man as good as new. Farley was able to return from his ACL injury and displayed no notable losses of athleticism. Thus, he avoids the red flag on his record. Caleb Farley checks all the boxes at cornerback.
The other corners are too good and healthy to take a chance on a guy that has an injury history.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The other corners are too good and healthy to take a chance on a guy that has an injury history.
That's your opinion. Jerry on the other hand likes to take a chance on these players. He thinks it gives him a steal at a potentially great player.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Zeke at 4 was not totally stupid. We immediately had a good year and went to the playoffs, mostly behind Zeke's performance. If he didn't get suspended, he would've dominated in year 2 too. That was with practically no other real weapons on the team, and we were built to be a running team. So it made sense that we have an elite RB. Yes, he looks like he's diminished right now, which happens to coincide with our move to passing offense, but even that story isn't completely written yet.

Point is, if you have a chance to take a playmaker, you should probably take it, because they'll put points on the board and that goes a long way to covering up other deficiencies.

That said, I was all-in on Zeke at 4, but am not with Pitts. I won't lose it if we draft him, and I completely get why we would, but I do have other players I prefer

I think him looking diminished has a lot more to do with diminished OL play

lk8701

Reaction score

This is actually much better than taking Zeke with the 4th overall pick over Ramsey. An elite TE is more valuable and has significantly better longevity than an elite RB. Plus Ramsey was a significantly better prospect than Surtain Jr. Ramsey was an elite prospect. Surtain Jr is a good prospect.