Is the perfect storm rolling in Thursday?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I like reading the doom and gloomers posts I also like it when the Cowboys shut them up.

Hopefully they’ll shut them up for at least another 10 days. I hate to think what it’s going to be like here if they lose on Thursday. They may have to create a doom and gloom zone.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I'm batting 1000 so far in my wins and loss predictions and I'm not feeling good about the Raiders game.
Hopefully that changes soon.

I have the same feeling. The same feeling I felt before the Chiefs game. It’s weird. It’s almost like I saw 7-3 before the game started. I see 7-4 on Thursday…glad to know I’m not the only one with an ominous feeling

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have the same feeling. The same feeling I felt before the Chiefs game. It’s weird. It’s almost like I saw 7-3 before the game started. I see 7-4 on Thursday…glad to know I’m not the only one with an ominous feeling

Let's face reality here.....4 away games coming up with opponents who won't be laydowns.....

Manster68

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. For one, every team plays Dallas like it’s their Super Bowl. So when Dallas shoots themselves in the feet, there’s no coming back. 2nd, Raiders have lost their last 3 I believe, and with all the chaos going on in their organization, they will come in with anger and a lot of unpredictable schemes, outcomes, game decisions, etc. Dallas wasn’t prepared for the last 2 AFC West opponents, so who’s the say they’ll be ready now, on the bright stage that is Thanksgiving day. To top it off, we’re injured. Again, not an excuse, but people will use it as an excuse when this team inevitably goes down. What I’m afraid of is us losing and Philly winning. Division is becoming a tight race that Dallas may not be capable of winning. Mid season collapse is real and it’s happen to both us and the Bills. Not good.
Disagree with that 2nd to last sentence. Dallas hasn't lost to a team the caliber of Jacksonville. The entire AFC West is really, really good - no slouches there.

Totally agree with the injuries. How would KC fare if they played Dallas without their entire defensive line, Tyree Hill, Kelsey for the 2nd half, and their OT Brown? That was a tough game.

Let's get our WRs, offensive tackle, ENTIRE starting defensive line back (Lawrence, Gallimore, Urban, Gregory) back up and going full tilt down the stretch.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I like reading the doom and gloomers posts I also like it when the Cowboys shut them up.

If the Cowboys roll out a couple of wins against the Raiders and the Saints, then everything will be right again in the world of Cowboys fans.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Again we should win this game. Does that mean we’re going to. That’s the issue. We were better than Kansas City also. Even with all the people out. What kind of game plan do they have in place for the Raiders. Because they didn’t have the right one for Kansas City

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If the Cowboys roll out a couple of wins against the Raiders and the Saints, then everything will be right again in the world of Cowboys fans.
Everything’s all right just the way it is right now. It can only get better

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t think Dallas is interested in playing physical football right now.
And that’s the bottom line. Where is the Enthusiasm . Are they waiting to turn it on or is this just. Going through the motions. Or is this who we are

Praxit

Reaction score
....dont know CC. Right now, I got those JG hot flashes coming through. Team has put us on the Trip-wire again. I wouldn't be surprised they lose this one or win by skin of teeth. Or do we get 40 point Turkey deal?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
How does losing make you a better team come on stop it. Losing promotes losing

I think that this is just a response intending to make fun of the post the mod made before the Chiefs game. The thread about how losing to KC would make the Cowboys a "better team." lol

Silverstar

Reaction score
I think this team is tired of losing the way it has and will bounce back this week.

So I'm not that worried about this game actually, but I am worried about playing 3 straight road games afterwards.

That will take it's toll on any team.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Ever since they lost ruggs they have fallen off on offense and defense this should be the statement game on the ground

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have never seen any team go through what the Raiders have and they probably want to just hang it up for this year and start over in 2022 or......take it out on some team.

And who better than America's Team on Thanksgiving Day in front of the nation? Think they're not spoiling for a fight? Wouldn't you be?

They have some lightning in the 3rd highest pass offense and Carr is completing his passes at 68%. They do not have a good run game so they are one dimensional. However, passing is the Cowboys defense's weakness. When they don't get picks, they don't do well.

They saw the offensive weakness exposed by KC and they have a good DL to cause a little thunder of their own. They do have the 6th ranked pass defense; however, they rank 29th in run defense. So, the Cowboys should bring their own thunder and lightning and keep the strength of the Raiders team off the field.

My problem is I really don't have a feel for the forecast. They could bounce back as they did against Atlanta but now I realize what a terrible team they are. The Cowboys are saying the right things but everybody talks about the weather. And the Cowboys have had too many players under it.

The last three games have taught me not to expect anything but one thing I do feel strongly about is that if they do not rebound and rain on the Raiders, we could be in for a flood of losses and while we thought the division was ours, we could miss the playoffs and be left high and dry.

I think this team is too good for that but that's just what I think. I think I will know Thursday night if this team has the heart to weather the storm.

When the schedule came out, I was disappointed that it was the Raiders but now the opponent doesn't matter because the Cowboys are playing against themselves as much as they are the other team. And in the last 3 games they are 1-2 against themselves.
You might be on the wrong end again this week CC. Lol

Last edited:

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I would think Raiders fans are thinking the same thing about coming to play a Dallas team without their two top receivers, two top DEs and an O-line that was seriously overmatched against KC.