Is the Spurs Seasonal 50+ Win Streak in Jeopardy?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
3 seed? Are you sure? I thought I heard the 4th seed is now the best they can hope for. But you are right... compared to previous versions of the team, this one is not that good.
Well, I am going by the standings as of a few days ago, so I am probably off

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well, I am going by the standings as of a few days ago, so I am probably off
At this moment this morning they have the 5 seed. 41-30 record, 1.5 games behind OKC w the 4th seed and 3.5 games behind Portland w the 3 seed. They got a 89-75 win over a hobbled Warrior's team last night. They play again tomorrow at home against the Wizards. It's good to see the Spurs fighting for their playoff lives rather than laying down as it appeared they were doing a week ago. 11 games to go. Go Spurs Go!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Look at the Spurs now, 5 game win streak and a 96% chance of making the playoffs and just secured their 21st winning season in a row.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
A nice win today over the Rockets. The team seems to be getting in sync at the right time.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Do you think the early strategic losses are part of Popovich's Master Plan - to embrace being the underdogs in the playoffs and then hammer everyone on the road to the title?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
A nice win today over the Rockets. The team seems to be getting in sync at the right time.

Rockets have the no. 1 seed pretty well locked up, seriously doubt they are playing all out, a win by the Spurs in this game means little.

And I'm a Spurs fan...

Stryker44

Reaction score
Rockets have the no. 1 seed pretty well locked up, seriously doubt they are playing all out, a win by the Spurs in this game means little.

And I'm a Spurs fan...

Look at how the Eagles purposefully tanked the second part of the season in order to get the underdog role for the playoffs...

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

And I'm a Spurs fan...

The Rockets players didn't have anything to play for, but D'Antoni wanted to win that game badly. Pop has been a thorn in his side since his Phoenix Suns days, why else play Harden 36 minutes and risk injury in what amounts to a meaningless game for them?

If I was a Rockets fan, I'd be a little mad at D'Antoni for letting Harden play that many minutes in meaningless games. I'd rather try and get him some rest and less exposure to a possible injury. I know a couple Rockets fans that want to know why he's still playing 30+ minutes a night right now.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The Rockets players didn't have anything to play for, but D'Antoni wanted to win that game badly. Pop has been a thorn in his side since his Phoenix Suns days, why else play Harden 36 minutes and risk injury in what amounts to a meaningless game for them?

If I was a Rockets fan, I'd be a little mad at D'Antoni for letting Harden play that many minutes in meaningless games. I'd rather try and get him some rest and less exposure to a possible injury. I know a couple Rockets fans that want to know why he's still playing 30+ minutes a night right now.

We've seen teams rest players (maybe not so much in the NBA, but the principle still applies), only to look out of sync when the playoffs come around. But maybe Harden has contract incentives for minutes played? Very likely he gets a bonus for being the NBA's MVP, there's potentially lots of reasons why he's playing so much...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Playoffs coming. Still no certainty except the Spurs have zero chance without Kawhi and it may be too late.
They can beat anybody, but let's be honest- in a 7 game series?
Whatever...

All I have to say, leading up these playoffs is this:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
IDK, but the 76ers isn't. :p

Out With The Old & In With The New:flagwave:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
All the Spurs need do is beat the Kings tonight at home to secure a playoff berth. After that, they will need to sandbag their last game of the season in New Orleans to lock in the 6th seed and a first-round playoff matchup with Portland.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
All the Spurs need do is beat the Kings tonight at home to secure a playoff berth. After that, they will need to sandbag their last game of the season in New Orleans to lock in the 6th seed and a first-round playoff matchup with Portland.

They're 1-2 vs the Pelicans this year so they may not need to sandbag to lose...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Spurs clinched their 21st consecutive playoff berth last night by beating the Kings 98-85... w/o Kawhi.