Is there a movie you'd like to see remade?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The first on my list would be Crossroads. It had the potential to be a truly great movie, but the casting of Ralph Macchio ruined it. Also, while Steve Vai is an amazing guitarist, his acting is crap. The guy who played the devil was incredible, but everyone else could be replaced easily, IMO.

So what movie would you like to see made over, and why?

RaZon

Reaction score
Actually, that crossroads story is never told right.

Tommy Johnson**** (not Robert Johnson he came later) who recorded in 1927 was the first to tell about how ya show up at them crossroads at midnight with your guitar, a big black man will show up, this is Legba (not the Devil) the God of them crossroads. You hand him the guitar he tunes it and hands it back, you now have guitar immortality, all it cost was your soul.

But, Tommy Johnson never sang about them crossroads. A funny.....St.Louis piano player Peetie Wheatstraw (mentioned in the movie) also told how he sold his soul at them crossroads, ah....hauled a piano out there, ha!!!

Not sure how ya could improve the flick, being honest I like it as it.

**** remember the movie Oh Brother Where Art Thou, well the black guy was Tommy Johnson, played by Chris Thomas King. One mistake.....when Tommy is playing Hard Time Killing Floor around the camp fire, that is a 1930 Skip James tune, which came after the flood.

cowboyec

Reaction score
the lone ranger.
with josh brolin in the mask.
lou diamond phillips as tonto.
start the movie with the lone ranger doin' lone ranger stuff.
BRIEFLY in the middle...in a "flashback" or "deep pondering" type scene they cover the ambush.
then end the movie with the lone ranger doin lone ranger stuff.
hr and 30min.
no longer.

if not.
i'd love to see an animated version.
same idea as above.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Wolverine wo Hugh Jackman

He looks the part, but his demeanor aint it. Saw DFWJC above and immediately thought of Wolverine bc think they could take a darker angle with it esp with his combat involving his claws. They did a video game in 2013 that was a M rated Wolverine game that was violent as all heck and it felt like he was finally done justice.

If they revamped with the right lead I think it would be an easy money maker and something fans haven't really gotten yet similar to Joker with Heath Ledger.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prince of Darkness
SntEquY.png

Far from John Carpenter's best work but had tons of potential.

Green Lantern
l9N58Zr.png

The original is almost criminally wrong. Like Fantastic Four wrong.

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins
e0Jgv1I.png

The story has Hollywood remake written all over it. Not worried about who might play Fred Ward's title character but someone special should be cast for Joel Grey's role.

Battle for Terra
c8JmWCw.png

Solid, well-written, very underrated animated movie that I think would be much better with better animation.

The Last Starfighter
3T0dVOc.png

The original was way too campy. A more serious take would do wonders for the story in my opinion.