Is there a movie you'd like to see remade?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
You take True Grit off that list!!! The remake was okay, but the original was one of the best westerns ever made. Okay, they could've had someone better than Kim Darby in the original, but other than that it was fantastic........and what's with the lack of contractions in the remake? Even if they didn't use them back then (which I doubt is the case) it was very distracting to hear the dialogue without them. It made the performances seem somewhat robotic.
I never said it was better, the original is a classic, but the newer one was still pretty good. When I responded to him he said "watchable", which I interpreted as being a good movie on it's own. This thread about remakes, I wasn't really thinking about making a better version of some of the movies, some are classics, some I would just like to see an updated version

Sometimes it's about re-telling a story or characters to introduce to a new audience. Think about characters in movies like the Star Treks, Batman, King Kong, Superman, Dracula, Spiderman, Tarzan etc that have been re-told/remade. Maybe it was like the original "Magnificent Seven", it was essentially a remake of "Seven Samurai" just set as a Western, just a great story. One I mentioned earlier, "The Highlander", great story and if done right could be a great remake, I wouldn't like the original any less.

Maybe to remake a movie to modernize the story like "Scarface" or "The Departed" The TV series remakes of "Psycho" and "Westworld" may not be as good as the originals, but they are still entertaining on their own.

cowboyec

Reaction score
mission to mars.
i really like the original but i hated how they handled the face and how they made it look.
it was a good movie.
but coulda been better.