Is there a possibility of Zeke holding out?

lukin2006

Reaction score
unless he gets a new contract. I say let him rot. Perfect excuse to draft a young stud with our 3rd round pick and let him start the season.

If he is under contract and he holds out, I ship him to Detroit or Oakland...no need for him to hold out. He signed the contract.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I 100% don't want Zeke to hold out. It would be a disaster for our team. But he would be smart to use his leverage now. With tail backs they don't have long enough careers to get a big contract in the NFL for the most part. They are position that gets the short end of the stick with the rookie salary caps.

Let's hope both sides are reasonable and Zeke is on the field for the off season and the season.

CPanther95

Reaction score
How'd that hold out work for Bell?

We'll find out this offseason.

But there's a big difference between a player holding out on a second franchise tag (that is not under contract at all) than a player that has two years left under contract.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Give me Conner at 5 million or less a year over Bell or Zeke at 20 million per season all day long. When you have a Oline as good as ours is supposed to be you shouldnt need a guy like Zeke. And Zeke is among one of 6 0r 7 backs that are considered the best in the NFL. The ONLY people that get excited about rushing titles anymore are a few Cowboys fans. In the modern NFL its about yards from scrimmage and TD's.

How many teams actually let their RB run the ball 350 times a year anymore? There are probably 2 or 3 at most. Its by committee or they get them the ball in the passing game more. Love Zeke, but no way I pay him 20 million a year going into his 6th year.
No RB is getting 20M per year. The Offensive line ain't as good as it was Zeke's rookie year. Rushing titles means he's one of the most, if not the most productive back in the entire league. Come again.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has there been even a small indication from either Zeke or his agent that this is a possibility, or is this just speculation the media is tossing out to suck in readers?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s pretty weak Roy, starting a thread like this without a single link or source?

Didn’t even put “rumor” in the thread title.

WEAK
Rumor is Roy is making stuff up on CZ.

Actually, I have seen some others reference this threat that supposedly Elliott made but I've neither heard nor seen that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rumor is Roy is making stuff up on CZ.

Actually, I have seen some others reference this threat that supposedly Elliott made but I've neither heard nor seen that.

The question is, what is the source? Unless either Zeke or his agent says something that indicates holding out is a possibility, the media is just tossing out baseless nonsense to suck in readers.

CPanther95

Reaction score
A hold out isn't practical, but he is certainly going to expect a contract this offseason since Gurley got one.

My concern would be that there's a chance he might be the kind of guy that's there, but he's "mentally holding out".

Flamma

Reaction score
I 100% don't want Zeke to hold out. It would be a disaster for our team. But he would be smart to use his leverage now. With tail backs they don't have long enough careers to get a big contract in the NFL for the most part. They are position that gets the short end of the stick with the rookie salary caps.

Let's hope both sides are reasonable and Zeke is on the field for the off season and the season.

Lets just hold back on the tears for this rookie. He got a 4 year 25 million dollar rookie contract. If he plays out those years Dallas will most likely pick up his 5th year option. Then possibly tag him the year after. It's true that the Cowboys probably won't give him a monster contract at that point because he'd be 27 going into the next season. But add up what he made over the course of 6 years. Argentina won't be crying. They guy is still making a ton of money.

Reaction score
I would 100% offer Zeke an extension on top of the year he still has left on his contract in 2019. I'd make it 3-5 years. I'd give him one of those 3 years full guaranteed deals if he'll take it. That puts him at making a truckload of money and having a shot at one last big contract at age 28.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I think I read this like a week ago, something about both him and tank... all made up speculative crap. All Zeke needs to do is look over at Pitt and LV Bell to see what a team is willing to pay for a star stud RB. I'm sure once Bell gets free and is able some team will OVER pay for him. It won't matter only in that he gets his money and they get maybe 1 or 2 games better in the W column

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No RB is getting 20M per year. The Offensive line ain't as good as it was Zeke's rookie year. Rushing titles means he's one of the most, if not the most productive back in the entire league. Come again.

No, it means he gets the most rushing attempts and he is good. Doesn't mean he gets the most TD's or receiving yards.

And he is NOT the most productive back in the league. I don't think he even had double digit TD's. However, no doubt that would change with a better Oline and offense.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
He might as well........I mean this off season is already starting off so well.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
What if Nick Bosa says he doesn’t wanna get drafted until the Cowboys pick at 58? I SAY we should draft him there

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
stupid post, Zeke is our offence

Not if he holds out he isn't.

AND if Zeke is our offense then what happens if he gets hurt or suspended or holds out? Understand the issue better now?

And OFFENCE is really spelled OFFENSE. Did you mention something about stupid?