Is there a poster insightful enough to explain why Dak and Cooper are still not signed?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gave you like but only for the effort. Trust me when I say this, Jerry and Stephen WILL NOT franchise Dak, that's for Cooper. Dak is simply playing this thing out just in case we get to the Super Bowl. My guess, he already has an amount between Wentz and Goff on the table. Just a matter of whether or he can elevate those numbers with a Super Bowl appearance.

No way in hell we're letting Coop get anywhere near free agency and lose not just a damn good player but 1st round invested......that's why you keep the tag in your back pocket (lol).
Sure is a risk of injury to keep playing without a new contract.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Sure is a risk of injury to keep playing without a new contract.

Remember Stephen said in reference to Dak's deal " he's sure he'll get worked out". That tells me he probably knows exactly what it will take get Dak sign and have no problem with it if pushed. This is why I say Dak WILL GET SIGNED w/o using the tag. We need that tag for Coop........real bad (lol).

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Shoulda let that idiot Zeke hold out all season and sign Dak and Cooper.
Zeke is low character, stupid and quickly declining. Incredibly stupid to build a team around that jackazz

2ilzas.jpg

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I'm not impressed. 5-4 anyone?

What's the big deal? Without Dak and Cooper, we're 4-5, 3-6? What's the difference? It's not like these two guys are turning our team into a Super Bowl contender.
Without Dak and Cooper, we're probably 1-8. Without them, this is an awful football team.

You honestly think a franchise QB and a top WR combined are worth only 1-2 games? lol

Last edited:

leeblair

Reaction score
Too much focus on oil and gas plays and not enough on signing his best players???
Jerry recognizes that Dak Prescott and Jason Garrett are hitched together.
A new head coach would likely want his own quarterback. Signing Dak to a longterm, high-dollar deal ties the hands of any new head coach, as serious doubts remain as to whether or not Dak can be the franchise quarterback that the Cowboys can count on.
If the Cowboys are wrong on Dak and they have signed him to a contract worth over a hundred and fifty million dollars, their fate is sealed.
Thus far Dak hasn't shown he can win when it counts. Neither has Garrett.
Today the Cowboys will beat up on another struggling team.
Next week they will likely come back to reality.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
A new head coach would likely want his own quarterback. Signing Dak to a longterm, high-dollar deal ties the hands of any new head coach, as serious doubts remain as to whether or not Dak can be the franchise quarterback that the Cowboys can count on.
If the Cowboys are wrong on Dak and they have signed him to a contract worth over a hundred and fifty million dollars, their fate is sealed.

This is 100 pct incorrect. Dak is not tied to Garrett at all. Garrett should be giving Dak a portion of his salary as thanks for saving him. Dak needs to be a fixture in Dallas. Garrett will be remembered as a generation killing head coach.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Dak was offered $30 mil a year and turned it down, so yes it’s about the money!

Only Jerry, Stephen, Dak and his agents know if that is true. And none of them have said anything like that from what I heard. Just rumors from people who are guessing.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak puts up points, the D can't stop anyone, and Dak can't win. Maybe you should expand your focus.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Gave you like but only for the effort. Trust me when I say this, Jerry and Stephen WILL NOT franchise Dak, that's for Cooper. Dak is simply playing this thing out just in case we get to the Super Bowl. My guess, he already has an amount between Wentz and Goff on the table. Just a matter of whether or he can elevate those numbers with a Super Bowl appearance.

No way in hell we're letting Coop get anywhere near free agency and lose not just a damn good player but 1st round invested......that's why you keep the tag in your back pocket (lol).
If Dak gets us to a nfc championship he is gold. If he gets us to a SB, it's diamonds.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Dak and Cooper should have hold out, I am sure now they are regretting it after seeing Zeke signed. So we basically rewarded the guy who didn't show up to camp and didn't do so for the two players who put the team first. The good news for us fans is if Dak or Cooper ever do get signed they both have known good work ethic so we do not have to worry about them becoming lazy.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Why is Tubby 21 playing?

My how the Mighty have fallen. For 2 seasons, all we heard was how Dak could never carry this team, his success was mostly due to Zeke's productivity.

Now, halfway through a season, and Zeke is now an overpaid "bust" and we need Dak to carry us.

Funny how things change, and so quickly. LOL

jnday

Reaction score
I honestly think Cooper really likes playing with Dak and for the Cowboys. He'll stick around at least one more year on a tag. Dak will get signed...
If he gets tagged, he doesn’t have much choice.