Is there a reason why many Cowboys fans hate Aaron Rodgers?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
First, this isn't a "McCarthy is signing Rodgers" thread. That's obviously not happening this year. The Cowboys will be going with Dak starting and Andy D. backing him up. However, for a while some sports pundits had speculated that McCarthy would bring in Rodgers to the Cowboys. It was never anything more than speculation, but I did notice that some Cowboys fans posted about how much they hated Rodgers. Why? He's always played well against us, but that's what he's supposed to do. Why the hatred of Rodgers?

Xelda

Reaction score
Why do we hate AR? WHY do we hate AR? Okay, one reason is because we don't root for the Packers. Another reason is blatant favoritism (yes, I'm one of those) shown the Packers by referees who dictate how far we go in the playoffs. Then there's the extreme close ups ad nauseum of old AR when the Packers play. There are 10 others players on the field ya goobers, but it's still those miserable close ups. Throw in the commercials with him and I'm ready to shoot my TV. His stanky face is a constant reminder of the "not a catch" and "not a football move" wound inflicted on a perfectly good Cowboys team. And another thing! I've seen him take off running for a first down against other teams. If any defensive player dares get close enough to touch him, a flag will be thrown giving GB the first down. Then the camera zooms in for his smirk. I don't want to talk about it anymore. :angry:

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Sad thing about it is I bet he would have loved playing for Jerry Jones.
Jerry would have gotten him anything he wanted - elite back, elite receivers, elite offensive line.
He's had only one receiver picked in the first round.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't hate him at all, but I get it.
He comes across as really arrogant at times.

Nevertheless, the craziest stat I've ever heard about him (or any QB that's played that long) is the fact that .............
IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER, GB HAS NEVER DRAFTED A 1ST ROUND WR OR RB.
Think about that before ever dreaming of saying he's overrated.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dude craps the bed in the playoffs year after year after year, and yet we still have to listen to numbnuts calling him greatest of all time.
How do you always crap the bed and also win a Super Bowl?
How are you nearly the highest rated Playoff QB in NFL history and always crap the bed in the playoffs?
:popcorn:

And also never, ever play with 1st rounders at WR or RB?

Flamma

Reaction score
First, this isn't a "McCarthy is signing Rodgers" thread. That's obviously not happening this year. The Cowboys will be going with Dak starting and Andy D. backing him up. However, for a while some sports pundits had speculated that McCarthy would bring in Rodgers to the Cowboys. It was never anything more than speculation, but I did notice that some Cowboys fans posted about how much they hated Rodgers. Why? He's always played well against us, but that's what he's supposed to do. Why the hatred of Rodgers?

Like many people have said, way over rated. It gets tiring constantly hearing how great someone is when IMO he clearly is not. He's a good quarterback. On many occasions a very good quarterback. A superstar where anything can happen as long as Rodgers is playing? Nope, that's not him. But you'll never know by how much smoke they blow up his butt.

kskboys

Reaction score
How do you always crap the bed and also win a Super Bowl?
How are you nearly the highest rated Playoff QB in NFL history and always crap the bed in the playoffs?
:popcorn:

And also never, ever play with 1st rounders at WR or RB?
Gotta watch the games, dude.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
The guy is whiny, diva, and his team is helped by refs all the time (they are like an NFC version of the Steelers; favored by officials.)

That being said, he is still a pretty good QB. No discounting that.

kskboys

Reaction score
The guy is whiny, diva, and his team is helped by refs all the time (they are like an NFC version of the Steelers; favored by officials.)

That being said, he is still a pretty good QB. No discounting that.
Not good, great. There are levels of greatness to QB's. Rodgers is a 2nd tier great QB who should be a first balloter. That doesn't mean he's as good as Montana or Brady.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Thread is funny. Rodgers is one the best QBs to ever play football. He is the smartest guy on the field without a doubt. He has even had to correct McCarthy on the field when he made the wrong call. The fact that the only year he played with a top 10 defense he was in the super bowl. Management ignored offense year after year while trying to fix the defense. No skill players drafted in the 1st round to help him. They believed he was good enough to make up for the lack of talent on offense. Imagine troy playing without Irvin or emmitt. Hall of fame players. Get over the diva act. All great players have diva tendencies. He makes throws I have never seen other qbs throw. Consistently. I do believe however injuries are taking a toll on him. He doesnt have the touch he used to.