Is there an issue with Amari Cooper?

Ky31

Reaction score
Yes. He has an issue with drops.

He is also an incredibly dynamic receiver who gets open constantly and is incredibly dangerous with the ball in his hands.

So you take the good with the bad I guess. What’s the alternative?
The catch on the sideline was awesome as well...I’ll take the drops for the production! He has as many 200 yard games for the Boys as Dez and Irvin combined!!

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Is he Tony Romo's , Dez Bryant. It's not dropping footballs it's when and where you drop those footballs. It's not when you fumble it's when and where
Cooper is pretty damn good. Not every receiver is going to catch every ball. I'm sure if you ask him about the ball that was thrown slightly behind him he'd say he should have caught it, and would have 90% of the time.

John813

Reaction score
Reminds me of T.O. at times where he would just drop a catchable ball.

Hell, IIRC Owens dropped a good throw from Romo years ago against the Packers which was tipped to a Packer.
Then he would still go on to have a huge game but that one drop would be huge

Just one of those warts Cooper has.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I'm not so worried about the drop as the turnover.

Prescott had 2 or 3 passes I noticed that were behind the WR. Might have been pressure or on the WR, but behind nonetheless.
The receivers should have caught the ball, but Dak needs to adjust his throws, it would be better to hit them in stride. We're losing yards even if they catch it.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coop has the drops then he makes plays that never cease to amaze me. He has incredible body control, even with a bad foot and ankle. I'll take it.

visionary

Reaction score
An injured WR who drops balls?

Let’s pay him like the top 5 WR he’s not just like our inaccurate QB

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cooper is pretty damn good. Not every receiver is going to catch every ball. I'm sure if you ask him about the ball that was thrown slightly behind him he'd say he should have caught it, and would have 90% of the time.
I agree. But the drops are adding up

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
An injured WR who drops balls?

Let’s pay him like the top 5 WR he’s not just like our inaccurate QB
Who is an inaccurate quarterback you can't be talkin about Prescott LOL

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The receivers should have caught the ball, but Dak needs to adjust his throws, it would be better to hit them in stride. We're losing yards even if they catch it.
Absolutely. Prescott threw some nice ones, and in stride. You're right, they can continue on their path if they don't have to reach back.
I just can still hear our WR's coach in school screaming "If you can touch, you can catch it." Lol

visionary

Reaction score
Coop has the drops then he makes plays that never cease to amaze me. He has incredible body control, even with a bad foot and ankle. I'll take it.

You guys just don’t get it

Great and championship football is about consistency not the highlight

Can’t drop those balls when you’re supposed to catch them

This is why aikman and emmitt and irvin won those SBs, not flashy, just consistent

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be better to hit them in stride but receivers have to help out their QB sometimes, like coming back for the ball when he's under pressure or adjusting to make a catch. I see acrobatic catches all over the NFL because QBs are not perfect. Same applies to Dak. He also hits receivers in stride. I just think he's under an unrealistic microscope.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Who is an inaccurate quarterback you can't be talkin about Prescott LOL
I got flamed for saying Dak is not accurate. He was accurate first 3 games but he seems to be late getting his throw out more often these last two weeks. I have been told completion percentage is analogous to accuracy...

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Best pass I've ever seen Prescott make was in the Miami game to Cooper down the middle. Drop
I see other teams receivers making incredible catches but some reason Dak haters think that every pass has to be perfect before a receiver catches it. Hits him in both hands and in the chest but yet it was a bad throw from Dak..... What the hell man

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I got flamed for saying Dak is not accurate. He was accurate first 3 games but he seems to be late getting his throw out more often these last two weeks. I have been told completion percentage is analogous to accuracy...
I truly believe they should have changed the game plan back to dink-and-dunk. This coaching staff is not playing according to the competition. Yeah you can throw downfield when you have all day. For you play a team that has great pass rushers. You thinking dunk and that's on coaching

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It would be better to hit them in stride but receivers have to help out their QB sometimes, like coming back for the ball when he's under pressure or adjusting to make a catch. I see acrobatic catches all over the NFL because QBs are not perfect. Same applies to Dak. He also hits receivers in stride. I just think he's under an unrealistic microscope.
No, Dak has to throw every pass perfect or he is garbage and his receivers aren't expected to catch it.

Aven8

Reaction score
He catches that ball and we are talking about Coop with like 275. That’s nuts! Dude is a stud

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I see other teams receivers making incredible catches but some reason Dak haters think that every pass has to be perfect before a receiver catches it. Hits him in both hands and in the chest but yet it was a bad throw from Dak..... What the hell man
I just laughed at myself because I know Prescott's going to get paid. armchair quarterbacks are going to suffer. That's gratification alone