Is there an issue with Amari Cooper?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He catches that ball and we are talking about Coop with like 275. That’s nuts! Dude is a stud
I don't recall anyone bed Milton Cooper. I think people have reading comprehension issues. They see things that aren't there

perrykemp

Reaction score
It’s sad he smoked the #1 ranked CB in the league this season and it’s overshadowed by one drop/pick

He destroyed Jaire Alexander today. It's pretty amazing if you think about it -- not only did he have 200+ yards --- he did it against what many consider the best young CB in the league.

aikemirv

Reaction score
He needs to get better on the drops for sure. If not for the int, his production outweighs the drops.

Dak has to start getting the ball in front of his receivers though!

Dak's biggest problem however, is him in the pocket with pressure. He is very slow to get out of the pocket, very stiff and does not move his feet well. Still does not move up in the pocket - still out the back!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He isn't a "glue for hands" receiver, but overall he is still a very good receiver. At least on the verge of elite. The OP refers to Cooper as possibly to Dak what Dez was to Romo, but the difference is Cooper is much more professional in both his route running and attitude. In short, he gets separation rather than just trying to out jump or outmuscle DBs, and he doesn't create the drama on the team.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of course not
The guy who was picked off 3 times and had 2 more that should have been is very accurate

I guess he was trying to throw it to the other team?
Yep I agree he had a bad game. Who doesn't. That's the point you don't throw a man's career away for one game. If you did he'll be no one left in the league

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don't see an issue with the drops. It's hard to tell but from the throws that Dak has made that turn into interceptions they appear to be behind. Yes, Amari had his hands on it but a bunch of his throws are behind the receivers. His bad throws are almost always behind not overthrown or low...Dak has an issue IMHO.

The pick created by Cobb a few games a ago was more a product of Dak’s poorly placed ball.

I thought Dak’s throw to Cooper was much better placed; I put it squarely on Cooper for that INT.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
you know darn well, if he catches that ball and scores and we win, this thread is a non factor
I asked a simple question. Do we think he's going to become the next Dez Bryant. That doesn't mean my opinion of him is he sucks or he's great. People have agendas. The difference is I don't

visionary

Reaction score
Yep I agree he had a bad game. Who doesn't. That's the point you don't throw a man's career away for one game. If you did he'll be no one left in the league

Accuracy has been one of his major flaws

This is not new or one game

Why is it so hard for fan boys to face facts

Open your eyes

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Is he Tony Romo's , Dez Bryant. It's not dropping footballs it's when and where you drop those footballs. It's not when you fumble it's when and where

It seems to me to be a lack of focus. He just needs to concentrate on making the catch first.

Carson

Reaction score
I asked a simple question. Do we think he's going to become the next Dez Bryant. That doesn't mean my opinion of him is he sucks or he's great. People have agendas. The difference is I don't

No worries my friend :)

Just tossing my two, uneducated cents lmao

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He isn't a "glue for hands" receiver, but overall he is still a very good receiver. At least on the verge of elite. The OP refers to Cooper as possibly to Dak what Dez was to Romo, but the difference is Cooper is much more professional in both his route running and attitude. In short, he gets separation rather than just trying to out jump or outmuscle DBs, and he doesn't create the drama on the team.

You know I disagree a bit there. Amari has lets his frustration on field show at times. Yesterday, there was a play that Cooper was running a short crossing route underneath wide open. Dak either didn’t see him or just chose to go for a bigger play to another receiver and missed. Right after ball hit the turf you could see Cooper at the bottom of the scream sorta jump in frustration and threw his arms down. I’ve him do the thing last year. He’s not demonstrative on the sidelines but I definitely have seen him vent frustration in the moment on the field.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Accuracy has been one of his major flaws

This is not new or one game

Why is it so hard for fan boys to face facts

Open your eyes
What are you talkin about I know the deal with Prescott. It's just that some dumb *** fans think it's just him

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He’s always been plagued with drops; that’s been consistent throughout his career.

He’s one of those talents though that you just take the good with the bad.

visionary

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply someone with the normal brain. I don't know why so many people have agendas

You said “He had A bad game. Who doesn’t” when we were talking about accuracy

I’m saying, it’s not A bad game, he has had accuracy issues all him career and will continue to have them

He is a big big part of the problem

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know I disagree a bit there. Amari has lets his frustration on field show at times. Yesterday, there was a play that Cooper was running a short crossing route underneath wide open. Dak either didn’t see him or just chose to go for a bigger play to another receiver and missed. Right after ball hit the turf you could see Cooper at the bottom of the scream sorta jump in frustration and threw his arms down. I’ve him do the thing last year. He’s not demonstrative on the sidelines but I definitely have seen him vent frustration in the moment on the field.

I expect anyone with a competitive nature to get frustrated at times. It's an emotional game, and that goes with the territory. I have no problem with it at all as long as it isn't an issue on the sideline or in the locker room.

Shane612

Reaction score
The issue is he wants to be paid like the highest paid WR.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don't see an issue with the drops. It's hard to tell but from the throws that Dak has made that turn into interceptions they appear to be behind. Yes, Amari had his hands on it but a bunch of his throws are behind the receivers. His bad throws are almost always behind not overthrown or low...Dak has an issue IMHO.

Receivers have some responsibility to track the ball, particularly on deeper throws when they have more time for it. If the QB doesn't lead you enough, slow down.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Fantastic route runner. Not great at holding onto the ball. Extra problems with lack of physicality when crowded.