Is there any question Dallas needs to keep Gallup?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I've said as much for the same reason(s).

This team will regret losing Michael Gallup.
Yeah...I'm buying in. Would hate too lose him....but if he is getting paid more than 8 million a year...I think you can draft his replacement. We got a kid here in Boise that would do nicely...;)

Bigtex67

Reaction score
It's basically Gallup vs Lawrence, Cooper or Zeke. In order to keep Gallup we will have to part ways with one of the following... Lawrence, Cooper or Zeke. So, you have to ask yourself, which of those guys is Gallup more important than?

Sorry Zeke......you gots to go!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah...I'm buying in. Would hate too lose him....but if he is getting paid more than 8 million a year...I think you can draft his replacement. We got a kid here in Boise that would do nicely...;)
That Boise kid has shown nothing. He's no where near Gallup’s talent.

Vandyr

Reaction score
It's basically Gallup vs Lawrence, Cooper or Zeke. In order to keep Gallup we will have to part ways with one of the following... Lawrence, Cooper or Zeke. So, you have to ask yourself, which of those guys is Gallup more important than?

Zeke, easily.

Bigtex67

Reaction score
Is pollard free agent too? Need cut d law/zeke/Collins and maybe cooper. Need to keep Gregory/shultz/pollard/hearse first. If cut cooper can consider Gallup if he’s lot cheaper.

I used to agree on Copper until he was gone for two games. His route running makes the defense pay so much attention to him. Opens up everyone else.

Sydla

Reaction score
No, the Cowboys did not restructure Cooper's contract. There was no restructure pertaining to Cooper's contract in 2021. This leaves the door open for the Cowboys to save $16 million if Amari Cooper is cut before the 5th day of the 2022 NFL league year (it begins on March 15, 2022). If on the roster on the 5th day of the 2022 league year, another $20 million becomes fully guaranteed.

https://overthecap.com/player/amari-cooper/3852/

I never said they did restructure. I said they "could" restructure him.

Cooper is a better WR than Gallup too. I know that bothers people. It all comes down to what Gallup's market value is. If he's getting crazy offers in the $14-16 million range, see ya, I'd rather restructure and keep Cooper.

Proof

Reaction score
I wanted to trade cooper when his stock was high.
Could have returned a 2nd and 3rd or 4th. Or a stud OL
But no we'll give away a great receiver instead.
One of the many reasons Jones is a epic fail.

amari is significantly better than gallup. at worst they’ll get a comp pick for gallup.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
You have to choose between Cooper and Gallup. Before the season I was team Gallup - Cooper is just crazy expensive.

After the last few weeks, I've kind of changed that position. Gallup is electric and makes great plays, but Cooper is consistently to be feared by defenses. I have a hard time trading out Cooper to keep Gallup.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is there any question in your mind that Dallas needs to do their dead level best to keep this guy?

I do not recall any WR for this team, or any other, that plays the edges with such skill.

There has never been as much toe tapping at the Grand Ole Opry.

That was a perfectly placed ball too.
There were a few plays where I thought, "Close, but no cigar.", but the replay showed otherwise. I remember not long ago, some guy here telling us he has no body control.
:muttley:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You have to choose between Cooper and Gallup. Before the season I was team Gallup - Cooper is just crazy expensive.

After the last few weeks, I've kind of changed that position. Gallup is electric and makes great plays, but Cooper is consistently to be feared by defenses. I have a hard time trading out Cooper to keep Gallup.
As acrobatic as Gallup is, he doesn't draw the attention Cooper does. But at the same time, he's saved our butts with big time plays on several occasions. I don't want to let him go if there's any way we can keep him.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
As acrobatic as Gallup is, he doesn't draw the attention Cooper does. But at the same time, he's saved our butts with big time plays on several occasions. I don't want to let him go if there's any way we can keep him.

I agree. He's our best sideline 9-route player, one of the better redzone targets and just makes clutch catches. But Cooper is the best route runner on the team and has a knack for getting open, and CeeDee is dynamic with the ball in his hands.

Gallup is fantastic, and I'd love to find a way to keep him - but he just isn't playing better than either Cooper or Lamb.

It's really tough.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is there any question in your mind that Dallas needs to do their dead level best to keep this guy?

I do not recall any WR for this team, or any other, that plays the edges with such skill.

There has never been as much toe tapping at the Grand Ole Opry.

maxresdefault.jpg

“Not a prayer.”

conner01

Reaction score
Eh, we could find a guy that gives you what Dak does for a lot cheaper. That ship has sailed though and we’re stuck with Dak.

Dallas just has to somehow pay Dak and have a unbelievable OL, RB, 3 WRs,TE, and playcaller.
Mahomes couldn’t win without help around him either
They lost the SB last year because they couldn’t protect him
Elway didn’t win a SB till he got a great running game
QB always get credit for winning a SB but none of them won without talent around them
Brady has probably done it with the least talent but even their bill always had good defenses

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They’ll regret losing Cooper more if they have to choose between the two.
I agree. Cooper is incredible. He is getting up there in age and mileage though.

conner01

Reaction score
I was hopeful that Wilson would play his way into a new contract to make the Gallup sting better but he's been sir Drops-a-lot the last month.
I don’t think it will be hard to sign Wilson
Lots of WR’s hitting the market and so many good ones have came out in last few drafts that mid tier guys won’t be expensive

Jarntt

Reaction score
From the day Cooper signed his contract with an out in the same year as Gallup was to be up for FA, it was going to be one or the other and nothing has changed. Which it will be may not be as set in stone as many are assuming