1. SPORGWIRE.com
    The best Sports Newswire on the internet!
    SPORGWIRE provides you with an easy way to keep up with the latest sports news,
    rumors, reviews, videos and more from sports sites all over the internet!
    Follow your favorite teams and sports leagues and
    the SPORGWIRE home page becomes your personal sports news site for the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any single draft pick (non QB) who can cover Dak’s shortcoming

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Parcells4Life, Jan 9, 2018.

1. JBS

JBS GloryDaysRBack

12,589 Messages
    5,223 Likes Received
    That's fine. Doesn't mean we don't need another WR...my guy is just a RB playing WR

2. JBS

JBS GloryDaysRBack

12,589 Messages
    5,223 Likes Received
    I can't argue against this

3. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

7,975 Messages
    3,023 Likes Received
    Butler averaged 21.1 ypc and caught 65% of his pass attempts.... clown

4. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

4,256 Messages
    1,505 Likes Received
    So true.
    Real coaches like Saban PULLS and REPLACES his starting QB at half time and put in a freshman during National Championship game. Our coaches lets Chez Green play into the end of 3rd Q until the no name DE had more sacks (6) in 1 game nearly equaling his best year (7.5).

5. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,357 Messages
    415 Likes Received
    The way you make up for mediocre QB play is to have playmakers all over the field, like the Eagles do. They have them at TE, WR 1 and 2 (maybe even 3), and 2 RBs that can bust em. We have a RB1 and that's it.

6. calicowboy54

calicowboy54 Active Member

475 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    David Lee is available... Romo credits him for his development in his early years.

xwalker likes this.
  7. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

1,768 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    Y'all really act like RG3 didn't happen a few years ago. Inaccurate qb's are bad my friend.

8. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

10,753 Messages
    8,935 Likes Received

9. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

6,268 Messages
    3,724 Likes Received
    Dak was better than RG3 every step of the way so far in his career except for in running the ball. And they aren't even comparable players skill set wise anyway. If Dak wasn't good the 1st 8 weeks I would honestly agree with you that last year was a fluke, but clearly something happened around week 8...which just so happened to coincide with the Zeke suspension. I still blame the coaching staff, the rest of the league just flat out figured out the offense in my opinion.

Do I think Dak is elite top 5 type of QB? Nope. Can he be well above average top 15 that leads the team to perennial competitors? Yes definitely. Every team except like 6 are chasing the elite QB...the rest are either going for a top 5 pick or constructing the rest of their roster to be as strong as possible. The cowboys need to get on the latter option in my opinion. Keep building the D and get some better offensive weapons and see what happens. Is there really another option anyway?

kskboys likes this.
  10. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

1,768 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    Get back to me in a year. You're just saying what you're saying based off Dak being on this team if he was anywhere else you'd see the connection.

11. zerofill

zerofill Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

576 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    And that is the truth... unless Dak goes and visits Tom House... we are in trouble.

Sarek and Silver N Blue like this.
  12. Parcells4Life

Parcells4Life Well-Known Member

1,393 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    Was Dak a game manager the first 8 weeks? Sure. But he missed many throws vs St Louis and Green Bay and was awful vs Denver. He had a great 2nd half vs Arizona and whole game vs Kansas City.

Let’s not act like he was Aaron Rodgers the first 8 weeks. Dak is basically a mobile Trent Dilfer who’s peak is just above Alex Smith and whos floor is Tavaris Jackson.

13. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member

5,990 Messages
    2,263 Likes Received
  14. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

6,268 Messages
    3,724 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

That’s through the 1st 24 games of their careers.

sorry but that doesn’t happen by fluke or accident...and no, I’m not comparing Dak to any of those guys in anyway either. It’s just amazing how an 8 game stretch somehow is the end all be all that Dak is bad when there’s a 24 game sample size that says much different.

xwalker likes this.
  15. 4lifecowboy

4lifecowboy Well-Known Member

1,853 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    By then some of talent will have passed their prime. With your QB on a fourth round salary scale and his back up undrafted, there is absolutely no excuse not to invest in an another QB if nothing but for competition. Which is a better problem having two capable starters on the roster or gambling exclusively on the one you have.

16. 4lifecowboy

4lifecowboy Well-Known Member

1,853 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    What did RGlll numbers look like his first 24 games, he was the second coming after his first season.

17. Parcells4Life

Parcells4Life Well-Known Member

1,393 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    Like RGIII Dak has used a great first season to aid his defenders in masking the stench of the second season. Compare players rookie seasons to their second seasons. Have many taken a sharp decline like Dak did.

Points, Passing Yards, TDS, INT, Completion %

18. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod Catastrophe

6,251 Messages
    13,532 Likes Received
    Lol. He maybe a Browns or Bronco.
    Nice kid. Met him last year. He'll be missed at PS.

19. cnuball21

cnuball21 Well-Known Member

1,234 Messages
    828 Likes Received
    A quality Swing OT, a good #2 WR or a threat at TE would help.

That being said, Dak also needs to pick his game up and work on his ball placement and accuracy for our Offense to be scary again.

20. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

35,806 Messages
    30,554 Likes Received
    Most of Brice Butler's catches were on deep throws. His catch rate was 65%.

Dez 52%

TWill 68%

Beasley 57%

Witten 72%

Dez couldn't get open and dropped many balls that hit his hands. Defenses didn't need to focus coverage on him anymore and therefore focused on Beasley, especially on 3rd downs.

TWill's catch rate is higher in both years with Dak than any previous year.

Dez had a 43% catch rate the year before Dak was here.

Butler had the highest catch rate of his career in 2017.

Trouty likes this.