Is this a must win game?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know it’s early and week 4 is usually too early to even think as such . If we lose tomorrow night the season could be on the brink of collapsing with brutal upcoming schedule.

In the NFL though there are often teams with greater sense of urgency’s. And the Ravens at 0-2 were facing 0-3 which basically means season is over as only 1 team has made playoffs since 2000 after starting 0-3. Ravens with best record in NFL last year and MVP losing to Chiefs in AFC Championship game are too good for 0-3.

And I’d like to think that similar sense of urgency is on this Cowboys team. We’ll see if they are good enough to see that thru. NY is improved but Browns aren’t looking like playoff team from last year.

Even if Cowboys rebound this week our upcoming schedule could still leave us easily at 3-3 or possibly 2-4 at the bye as we’ll probably be underdogs at Pittsburgh and at home against Detroit. But IMO that’s much more manageable than 1-3 losing to a lesser team.

I hate to say this is a must win game as so much can still happen but I’m not sure we recover if we do fall to 1-3 which could very easily turn to 1-5 at the bye and worse with SF following.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I know it’s early and week 4 is usually too early to even think as such . If we lose tomorrow night the season could be on the brink of collapsing with brutal upcoming schedule.

In the NFL though there are often teams with greater sense of urgency’s. And the Ravens at 0-2 were facing 0-3 which basically means season is over as only 1 team has made playoffs since 2000 after starting 0-3. Ravens with best record in NFL last year and MVP losing to Chiefs in AFC Championship game are too good for 0-3.

And I’d like to think that similar sense of urgency is on this Cowboys team. We’ll see if they are good enough to see that thru. NY is improved but Browns aren’t looking like playoff team from last year.

Even if Cowboys rebound this week our upcoming schedule could still leave us easily at 3-3 or possibly 2-4 at the bye as we’ll probably be underdogs at Pittsburgh and at home against Detroit. But IMO that’s much more manageable than 1-3 losing to a lesser team.

I hate to say this is a must win game as so much can still happen but I’m not sure we recover if we do fall to 1-3 which could very easily turn to 1-5 at the bye and worse with SF following.

It's a must win game if you think this team actually has a chance to "do something" this season. Outside of that....the destiny of this team does not change.....win or lose Thursday night.

I doubt there is one coach or player in the last year of their current deal that will be back in Dallas next year unless we win the Super Bowl...and that ain't happening.

So the dynamics and structure of this roster and coaching staff are so weird this year...not sure if there are ANY must win games on the schedule.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What's brutal about the next three games........the Steelers and Fields? the Lions have some issues as well as the 49ers. As stated in another thread if we lose the Giants we will be 1-3 with 13 games left. It's a long season.......I have seen it too many times where a team shows one thing in the first half of the season and collapses and 2nd half. Whatever happens, they have to stick together and keep fighting.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
No ....... its game 4 in a 17 game season and we are in the worst division in football.
Lose to the Gnats and they will be the worst team in this bad division. Gotta be #1 at something, might as well be #1 in sucking

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes to have any chance to get to the playoffs. But, I think it just delays the inevitable, this is not a playoff team as constructed.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Must lose game for me. A loss tomorrow may propel the team to a losing record which is highly preferable to 10 wins and a first round loss.

diamonddelts

Reaction score

Must win for what? A chance to get trounced in the 1st round of the playoffs?

Aven8

Reaction score
Of course it is. It’s a division game playing a team that you have won the last 12 of 13 games against. Daniel Jones has never beaten Dak. Last year we won 40-0 and 47-19.

Lose this game and this thing is flying off the wheels. We have no injuries outside of Bland so there are no excuses.