Is this a must win game?

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
This game is critical. Win, and everyone does their best to say we are just fine...move on and trust the process. Lose, and the entire team collapses, and maybe we don't win another game.

But there is absolutely no way we lose to the Giants. We are bad. We aren't THAT bad.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know it’s early and week 4 is usually too early to even think as such . If we lose tomorrow night the season could be on the brink of collapsing with brutal upcoming schedule.

In the NFL though there are often teams with greater sense of urgency’s. And the Ravens at 0-2 were facing 0-3 which basically means season is over as only 1 team has made playoffs since 2000 after starting 0-3. Ravens with best record in NFL last year and MVP losing to Chiefs in AFC Championship game are too good for 0-3.

And I’d like to think that similar sense of urgency is on this Cowboys team. We’ll see if they are good enough to see that thru. NY is improved but Browns aren’t looking like playoff team from last year.

Even if Cowboys rebound this week our upcoming schedule could still leave us easily at 3-3 or possibly 2-4 at the bye as we’ll probably be underdogs at Pittsburgh and at home against Detroit. But IMO that’s much more manageable than 1-3 losing to a lesser team.

I hate to say this is a must win game as so much can still happen but I’m not sure we recover if we do fall to 1-3 which could very easily turn to 1-5 at the bye and worse with SF following.

I don’t think it’s a must win. But what MUST happen is the defense has to start showing they can stop the run. If they don’t improve that, it will be hard for them to break .500. The Giants run game is in Philthy now so this game they should show improvement just by the fact that the Giants run game is not that good.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes.

Steelers, Lions, and 49ers are all losses also with the problems on this team
SF has some serious key injuries now and why they’re struggling at 1-2. And Lions don’t appear as strong at least so far.

But yea, those all look like very potential losses and we could be underdogs in all 3. Maybe we can win one of them.

The evermore reason this is probably a must win.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
For the reason? No, Philly could be anything from 13-4 to 10-7, Dallas still has a real chance even at 1-3.

For the psyche of this board? Oh yeah

nobody

Reaction score
Given the circumstances of the schedule and the way the team seems to be imploding, it's definitely a must win for morale and playoff chances.

stiletto

Reaction score
Season is already over, doesn't matter if they win or not. The fundamental problems with this team are not fixable and they were glaring after the GB game and all offseason. Nothing was addressed to make the team better and the team actually got worse. Not sure how we can expect it to be a successful season and it won't be.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This game is critical. Win, and everyone does their best to say we are just fine...move on and trust the process. Lose, and the entire team collapses, and maybe we don't win another game.

But there is absolutely no way we lose to the Giants. We are bad. We aren't THAT bad.
Yea , that’s why I believe this is a must win. Cause it could lead to a total collapse with brutal upcoming schedule which could lead to 1-6 pretty easily . Then we have an all out dumpster fire.

Havic

Reaction score
SF has some serious key injuries now and why they’re struggling at 1-2. And Lions don’t appear as strong at least so far.

But yea, those all look like very potential losses and we could be underdogs in all 3. Maybe we can win one of them.

The evermore reason this is probably a must win.

CMC will probably be back for that game

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I know it’s early and week 4 is usually too early to even think as such . If we lose tomorrow night the season could be on the brink of collapsing with brutal upcoming schedule.

In the NFL though there are often teams with greater sense of urgency’s. And the Ravens at 0-2 were facing 0-3 which basically means season is over as only 1 team has made playoffs since 2000 after starting 0-3. Ravens with best record in NFL last year and MVP losing to Chiefs in AFC Championship game are too good for 0-3.

And I’d like to think that similar sense of urgency is on this Cowboys team. We’ll see if they are good enough to see that thru. NY is improved but Browns aren’t looking like playoff team from last year.

Even if Cowboys rebound this week our upcoming schedule could still leave us easily at 3-3 or possibly 2-4 at the bye as we’ll probably be underdogs at Pittsburgh and at home against Detroit. But IMO that’s much more manageable than 1-3 losing to a lesser team.

I hate to say this is a must win game as so much can still happen but I’m not sure we recover if we do fall to 1-3 which could very easily turn to 1-5 at the bye and worse with SF following.

This team is spiraling down the toilet down towards the abyss.
This game won't make much difference.
28 years of mismanagement are coming home to roost.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yea , that’s why I believe this is a must win. Cause it could lead to a total collapse with brutal upcoming schedule which could lead to 1-6 pretty easily . Then we have an all out dumpster fire.
I want an all out dumpster fire!!!!
Maybe that will force some meaningful changes around here.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

In the NFL, every game is a must win game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I want an all out dumpster fire!!!!
Maybe that will force some meaningful changes around here.
Very doubtful . Jethro & Son aren’t going anywhere . And hitting rock bottom will only mean it’s tougher for them to rebound .

And not likely our dysfunctional ownership will attract much better coaching. Belichick could never work under this toxic atmosphere. Puppets are required.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This team is spiraling down the toilet down towards the abyss.
This game won't make much difference.
28 years of mismanagement are coming home to roost.
Right and why remaining relevant contending for a playoff spot is probably our best expectation with our dysfunctional leadership.

Rooting for it to cave cause we aren’t good enough to play for championships is fools gold.

The bar has been lowered with Jethro’s way and we must lower our expectations accordingly.

Sorry but understand that’s our reality . And I realize not everyone can accept that. It is what it is . You’d think after 3 decades all fans would get it.

LysleE

Reaction score
I think it is a must-win game when you have to play upcoming games against the Steelers, Lions, Niners, Falcons, Eagles and Texans. The Cowboys would be hard-pressed to end up 3-3 at the end of that stretch of games based upon how they have played over these last few games.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Looking at the schedule, then taking another peek at the Cowboys, I'd say this game doesn't really matter because the next 5 - 6 games after this one don't appear to be winnable games and the Cowboys will probably be underdogs in each one of them. The Cowboys had a nice regular season run the last 3 seasons, but it's all going to come to an end with the Boys getting a top 5 draft pick after this miserable season is over. JJ forgot to take into count one thing before this season started and that is everybody else got better except this Cowboy team...........................