Is this a must win game?

triplets_93

Reaction score
I know it’s early and week 4 is usually too early to even think as such . If we lose tomorrow night the season could be on the brink of collapsing with brutal upcoming schedule.

In the NFL though there are often teams with greater sense of urgency’s. And the Ravens at 0-2 were facing 0-3 which basically means season is over as only 1 team has made playoffs since 2000 after starting 0-3. Ravens with best record in NFL last year and MVP losing to Chiefs in AFC Championship game are too good for 0-3.

And I’d like to think that similar sense of urgency is on this Cowboys team. We’ll see if they are good enough to see that thru. NY is improved but Browns aren’t looking like playoff team from last year.

Even if Cowboys rebound this week our upcoming schedule could still leave us easily at 3-3 or possibly 2-4 at the bye as we’ll probably be underdogs at Pittsburgh and at home against Detroit. But IMO that’s much more manageable than 1-3 losing to a lesser team.

I hate to say this is a must win game as so much can still happen but I’m not sure we recover if we do fall to 1-3 which could very easily turn to 1-5 at the bye and worse with SF following.

For the owner, there is no "must win game."
He can show the year end financials for the last 30 years to prove it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
For the owner, there is no "must win game."
He can show the year end financials for the last 30 years to prove it.
To some extent yes. But maintaining relevant product does make life easier for him to not only hype his product but promote his brand .

Much easier to sell mediocre than dormancy.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
This game is critical. Win, and everyone does their best to say we are just fine...move on and trust the process. Lose, and the entire team collapses, and maybe we don't win another game.

But there is absolutely no way we lose to the Giants. We are bad. We aren't THAT bad.
This.

And if as suggested we are now a remote chance wild card team. Then this game is do or die.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This game is critical. Win, and everyone does their best to say we are just fine...move on and trust the process. Lose, and the entire team collapses, and maybe we don't win another game.

But there is absolutely no way we lose to the Giants. We are bad. We aren't THAT bad.
Actually we are that bad....and tonight we prove it when the whole league is watching....They have the entire stage to themselves. I fully expect a loss...I don't think we fixed anything in 3 days. Fully expect another slow start....with multiple self inflicted penalties...It's a McCarthy staple.....team not ready...unprepared. Undisciplined
:banghead:

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Actually we are that bad....and tonight we prove it when the whole league is watching....They have the entire stage to themselves. I fully expect a loss...I don't think we fixed anything in 3 days. Fully expect another slow start....with multiple self inflicted penalties...It's a McCarthy staple.....team not ready...unprepared. Undisciplined
:banghead:
Oh, I agree...I doubt we are capable of fixing anything. Not with these coaches and not with these players. I just think the Giants are so bad that it doesn't even matter.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Does not matter if they lose You will fork over your money to the Jones boys no matter what.
I make more money on the Cowboys than I spend. Hell yes, I will continue to invest. Stop presuming you have a say in how I spend my money.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I know it’s early and week 4 is usually too early to even think as such . If we lose tomorrow night the season could be on the brink of collapsing with brutal upcoming schedule.

In the NFL though there are often teams with greater sense of urgency’s. And the Ravens at 0-2 were facing 0-3 which basically means season is over as only 1 team has made playoffs since 2000 after starting 0-3. Ravens with best record in NFL last year and MVP losing to Chiefs in AFC Championship game are too good for 0-3.

And I’d like to think that similar sense of urgency is on this Cowboys team. We’ll see if they are good enough to see that thru. NY is improved but Browns aren’t looking like playoff team from last year.

Even if Cowboys rebound this week our upcoming schedule could still leave us easily at 3-3 or possibly 2-4 at the bye as we’ll probably be underdogs at Pittsburgh and at home against Detroit. But IMO that’s much more manageable than 1-3 losing to a lesser team.

I hate to say this is a must win game as so much can still happen but I’m not sure we recover if we do fall to 1-3 which could very easily turn to 1-5 at the bye and worse with SF following.

yes. this is a must win game in week 4. because if they can't beat the Giants, then come the lions, the niners and atlanta won't be an easy out. if they lose tonight, there will be a players only meeting in week 4. and that would be a bad sign. it will implode badly