Is this a must win game?

Praxit

Reaction score
>>>BIG TIME<<<< ... you gotta win this to keep pace in East.

NYG is good time to build some momentum back. Rams, 49er, and Pitt on deck.

Brax

Reaction score
Very doubtful . Jethro & Son aren’t going anywhere . And hitting rock bottom will only mean it’s tougher for them to rebound .

And not likely our dysfunctional ownership will attract much better coaching. Belichick could never work under this toxic atmosphere. Puppets are required.
It’s never Jerry’s fault just ask him.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know it’s early and week 4 is usually too early to even think as such . If we lose tomorrow night the season could be on the brink of collapsing with brutal upcoming schedule.

In the NFL though there are often teams with greater sense of urgency’s. And the Ravens at 0-2 were facing 0-3 which basically means season is over as only 1 team has made playoffs since 2000 after starting 0-3. Ravens with best record in NFL last year and MVP losing to Chiefs in AFC Championship game are too good for 0-3.

And I’d like to think that similar sense of urgency is on this Cowboys team. We’ll see if they are good enough to see that thru. NY is improved but Browns aren’t looking like playoff team from last year.

Even if Cowboys rebound this week our upcoming schedule could still leave us easily at 3-3 or possibly 2-4 at the bye as we’ll probably be underdogs at Pittsburgh and at home against Detroit. But IMO that’s much more manageable than 1-3 losing to a lesser team.

I hate to say this is a must win game as so much can still happen but I’m not sure we recover if we do fall to 1-3 which could very easily turn to 1-5 at the bye and worse with SF following.

Division game, maybe don’t think so. Still too early.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Right and why remaining relevant contending for a playoff spot is probably our best expectation with our dysfunctional leadership.

Rooting for it to cave cause we aren’t good enough to play for championships is fools gold.

The bar has been lowered with Jethro’s way and we must lower our expectations accordingly.

Sorry but understand that’s our reality . And I realize not everyone can accept that. It is what it is . You’d think after 3 decades all fans would get it.
Sorry my man but I disagree.
If this team starts losing in a big way, it will affect Jerry's wallet.
Best way to get his attention.
Also , he won't command the media attention he likes if they become perennial losers.
So lose out, I say !!!!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Very doubtful . Jethro & Son aren’t going anywhere . And hitting rock bottom will only mean it’s tougher for them to rebound .

And not likely our dysfunctional ownership will attract much better coaching. Belichick could never work under this toxic atmosphere. Puppets are required.
I hate where we are at.
So I will take the risk of any changes at this point and hope for the best.

malbis030347

Reaction score
I know it’s early and week 4 is usually too early to even think as such . If we lose tomorrow night the season could be on the brink of collapsing with brutal upcoming schedule.

In the NFL though there are often teams with greater sense of urgency’s. And the Ravens at 0-2 were facing 0-3 which basically means season is over as only 1 team has made playoffs since 2000 after starting 0-3. Ravens with best record in NFL last year and MVP losing to Chiefs in AFC Championship game are too good for 0-3.

And I’d like to think that similar sense of urgency is on this Cowboys team. We’ll see if they are good enough to see that thru. NY is improved but Browns aren’t looking like playoff team from last year.

Even if Cowboys rebound this week our upcoming schedule could still leave us easily at 3-3 or possibly 2-4 at the bye as we’ll probably be underdogs at Pittsburgh and at home against Detroit. But IMO that’s much more manageable than 1-3 losing to a lesser team.

I hate to say this is a must win game as so much can still happen but I’m not sure we recover if we do fall to 1-3 which could very easily turn to 1-5 at the bye and worse with SF following.

I see Malik running down the

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sorry my man but I disagree.
If this team starts losing in a big way, it will affect Jerry's wallet.
Best way to get his attention.
Also , he won't command the media attention he likes if they become perennial losers.
So lose out, I say !!!!
I hear ya. Losing out will at least affect him publicly. It won’t affect his wallet enough to bring the only change we need which is him stepping down as GM and his control over Cowboys Football.

The only way to possibly effect is empty seats at the stadium which probably won’t happen as fans will just broker out their tickets. And we’ll see more opposing fans.

There is likely only one way forward and it’s going to take Mother Nature or some act.

It is what it is and we are who we have become. This is probably as good as it gets until the above occurs.

rambo2

Reaction score

I'd say that yes it is.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Yes it is a must win. But not that it will make any difference. I normally would say that the team has a sense of urgency and will play better. But not this team, they either are fat and happy with their big contracts; playing on one year contracts with the fear of getting hurt; or for a insignificant few doing the best they can with their limited ability.

Win or lose, I don’t see this team being much better than a .500 team just playing for a paycheck and going to Cabo once the season ends. It’s a job to them and postseason would be overtime, now who wants that?

Creeper

Reaction score
They lose to NYG, and the team will really unravel.
This would be my biggest concern if I thought the Cowboys were actually a good team going through a difficult period. But I don't think they are a good team going through anything but reality.

But they think they are a good team so if they lost to the Giants, yes, they may come apart at the seams.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes it is. If we lose to the NYG, its a real easy slide to 1-10 with Pittsburgh, Detroit, SF, Atlanta, Philly, and Houston on deck. Season over..... though i'm sure Dak will still pile on his garbage yards.

conner01

Reaction score
Is this a must win game? Depends on your goals: playoffs or draft pick.
Good point. It’s a must win if you wont to make the playoffs. It’s not if you want to build a team capable of competing in those playoffs. When a teams philosophy is build through the draft, drafting in the 20’s and watching the playoffs on tv is about all you can hope for. If only there was a way to build through the draft and supplement positions you didn’t get in the draft

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is about as close to a must win as you can get this early in the season. Our confidence would be totally shot losing to the Giants and falling to 1-3. That would be three straight losses. The Cowboys have a very tough schedule after the Giants and I see little to no chance of making the playoffs if we can’t beat the Giants who we’ve owned the past few seasons.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Wouldn't call it must win, but if this team cannot plant the Giants than the season will be a total wash.
There is simply no heart since Cleveland and I can't explain it at this point.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Now the Giants find themselves at 1-2 and struggling mightily, especially on offense. Daboll took over offensive playcalling this season in an effort to rejuvenate Jones’ career, but it’s yet to work. So far, New York is 19th in offensive DVOA, 22nd in total yards, and 29th in points scored. Their run game has fallen all the way to 19th in both yards and yards per carry,..

...There’s hardly any doubt that this will be the weakest opponent they’ve faced so far this year, and the fact that it’s a divisional game makes it more of a blessing. Assuming the Cowboys’ fourth quarter performance against the Ravens was what this team looks like when they’re firing on all cylinders, and assuming they’re locked in from the start in this game, this should translate to a big win...

Of course, if both of those assumptions are wrong, then hold onto your horses. If you thought the temperature was hot in Dallas after these last two weeks, heat index records will be broken if the Giants somehow emerge victorious. This game figures to either be the impetus for a big turnaround for the Cowboys, or the beginning of the end for the current regime. But hey, no pressure.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-week-4-dak-prescott-brian-daboll-brian-burns