CFZ Is this almost a must-win game tomorrow?

Motorola

Reaction score
Next 2 games are pretty much as close as you can get to must win games.
These are 2 teams we should beat. And you must win those type of games.

Also to keep pace with the Eagles and NYG, as well with the other 4-2 and 3-3 teams.
Quite a few other teams in the same place as we are. TB, GB, both 3-3. Need to win to stay ahead of them.
Then there are 3 NFCW teams at 3-3 also.
You left ouf ATL...also 3-3 and tied with TB for 1st in the NFC South.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
We can't lose either of these two games prior to the bye if we want to take this team seriously. Dallas sits 3rd in the division, this is not the time to be falling asleep on any team.
Agree...if we are what I think we are, we can nit lose to the bad lions and atrocious bears. With dak coming back, it would be a psychological disaster to lose tomorrow.oh.. just wait to see what this place looks like if we lose.

As terell once said, getcha popcorn ready.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Seems most are on board we can't afford to fall any further behind if we want to stay in the hunt.

This team has to start really playing smart.

I hope when it's all said and done we don't look back at that Eagles game as the turning point because it was very winnable just beyond the skill level of Cooper Rush.

We really could beat everyone we are supposed to beat and it's still not be enough
So if we aren't the 1 seed it is somehow all over?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Eagles are undefeated and off this week The Giants play the lowly jaguars and it looks to me like we really need to win this game.

This is one of those games where nobody really has to be a hero but we can't have anybody making a ton of mistakes and being the goat either.

Detroit has a good offense and we need to keep them off the field which in my mind means stick to the running game.

With Dak coming back off injury there is no need to try and be the hero just don't turn the ball over Don't be hesitant and make good decisions.

As far as the rest of the team goes they just need to do their job Don't turn the ball over catch it when it's in your hands and for heaven's sake stop with the stupid penalties

If I see one more unsportsman like conduct or block in the back I think I'm taking a sabbatical from watching these games.

These penalties are absolutely game-altering and must be cleaned up or there will be no postseason let alone getting further in the postseason. Thoughts?
Pretty much every NFL game is a must win game.

Praxit

Reaction score
....I think Blackrain, is whistling in the dark, since lost left bad taste on everyone.

Dallas will be fine. A win tomorrow will right the ship.

Creeper

Reaction score
I would put it this way, if they lose it will be a very bad loss. If they want to make the playoffs they have to beat the teams they are supposed to beat. Is it a must win? No is it not a "must win", obviously if they finish 14-3 they will make the playoffs. Probably 12 wins will get them into the playoffs. But if they can lose a few games and get in, you don't want the losses to come early to bad teams. Then those road games against tough teams become must wins.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Eagles are undefeated and off this week The Giants play the lowly jaguars and it looks to me like we really need to win this game.

This is one of those games where nobody really has to be a hero but we can't have anybody making a ton of mistakes and being the goat either.

Detroit has a good offense and we need to keep them off the field which in my mind means stick to the running game.

With Dak coming back off injury there is no need to try and be the hero just don't turn the ball over Don't be hesitant and make good decisions.

As far as the rest of the team goes they just need to do their job Don't turn the ball over catch it when it's in your hands and for heaven's sake stop with the stupid penalties

If I see one more unsportsman like conduct or block in the back I think I'm taking a sabbatical from watching these games.

These penalties are absolutely game-altering and must be cleaned up or there will be no postseason let alone getting further in the postseason. Thoughts?
Not really. The Cowboys lose they would be 4-3 and still be in the playoffs. On the other hand though, talking heads would panic and have a million segments about MM and Dak. This board will become the Cooper Rush Fan Boy Zone. If you love drama you want the Cowboys to lose.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

This is about as far from a "must win" as you can get. The Eagles have all but wrapped up the division at this point. 3 game lead with the easiest schedule in the NFL going forward. Now its about winning enough game to make the playoffs. Which shouldnt be a problem.

Motorola

Reaction score

To answer your question "Is this almost a must-win game tomorrow?" - NO.

However, a Cowboys victory over the Lions provides a triple-benefit:
1) gain a half-game on the idle Eagles..staying tethered to them somewhat to keep the division title -and top seed chance - alive should PHL stumble a time or two after resuming play.
2) stay on the heels of the Giants for the top wildcard spot.
3) keep ahead of the 6-team NFC 3-3 pack; all except the Rams play tomorrow.
Yes, there will still be 10 games left ; but Dallas win keeps that one game advantage over TB, SF, SEA, GB, and ATL in case any \ all of them win on Sunday.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I guess technically it’s not a must win game, but realistically it is. We can obviously still make the playoffs if we lose, but it becomes much tougher. The Detroit and Chicago games are both must win games to me. They’re inferior teams and both games are at home. You just can’t lose those games. Win both and we’re sitting pretty at 6-2 going into our bye. Losses to either Detroit or Chicago would also allow doubt to start creeping into the minds of at least some of the players.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
naw if dak losses too many we can put rush back in to get us into the playoff. then we can put dak back in to lose the round one game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
i think it's a total must win. dak is in his own head and he needs a confidence booster.

Doubt a win over a 1-4 team will boost his confidence, but a loss could destroy his confidence even more. The only thing that’s going to boost his confidence is a good performance and win over a playoff contending team. He hasn’t had a win over real good team in a while.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

A loss at home against the lowly lions
Would be a back breaker

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

100% agreed, brother @Blackrain !!!