Is this Scenario True or False?

XXLMike

Reaction score
Signing Derek Henry - like most people believe was going to happen like Derek Henry wanted to happen - combined with an active UFA off-season and wrapping up CeeDee Lamb early put us in the —-

NFC Title Game

I happen to believe it would be TRUE

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Signing Derek Henry - like most people believe was going to happen like Derek Henry wanted to happen - combined with an active UFA off-season and wrapping up CeeDee Lamb early put us in the —-

NFC Title Game

Not a guarantee, but certainly would look real good behind this OL. I would be more optimistic.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
False. RB play isn't what's keeping the Cowboys from advancing further into the playoffs.
Agreed. That last playoff game we lost to the 49ers, Pollard was as good as the great McCaffrey or Deebo before he was injured and out for the game on that tackle thats now illegal. We didn't lose that game because of RB play.

Flamma

Reaction score

NFC Title Game

We're a better team, but I'd say false because we've had great run offense in the past. Just without this D. So I wouldn't put True out of the question. I lean False.

I think those that thought we were signing Henry are in the minority. I would have bet NO at -1000 if they had a line on that. Maybe -2000. It's free money. For those that are unfamiliar with that bet. It means I risk losing 2000 dollars just to win 100. For those that follow the Cowboys offseason from year to year, they know Henry was never an option.

exciter

Reaction score

NFC Title Game

At this stage Henry is not much more than a JAG!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

NFC Title Game

Another crap on the Cowboys thread from the likes.

Retro88

Reaction score
True but I'm more so looking at that "active UFA signing" part.

cowboybish

Reaction score
False. RB play isn't what's keeping the Cowboys from advancing further into the playoffs.
I disagree. Derek Henry would have been a difference maker on this offense. unfortunately, you or I nor anyone else will ever know.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Henry would have helped lighten the load on the QB which is always a good thing. It doesn’t matter whether it’s Dak or any other QB in the NFL it lightens the load which is a good thing.

plasticman

Reaction score
You forgot about CeeDee's training camp injury in week #1 as a result of signing early. There is also the lack of productivity from veteran free agents that just signed to steal some of Jerry's money before walking out the NFL door.

Derrick Henry is the 2nd coming of Eddie George.

I'm sarcastically guessing, of course, but here is my point:

Every changed decision opens new and unpredictable pathways, and you never know where those roads will lead.

rambo2

Reaction score

NFC Title Game

The Cowboys are still a candidate for the NFC Championship game. Their outstanding draft and the veterans they have picked up gives them a chance.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I won’t get into the talk of the move putting us in the NFC Championship game or not and I don’t necessarily believe Henry wanted to come here so badly that he wouldn’t have just gone to the highest bidder.

That being said it was ridiculous to not even reach out to the guy. This team is much, much better with Henry than we are without him And a reasonable two year deal like he signed is easily fit under our cap. It’s inexcusable that they didn’t even attempt to sign a good RB (assuming what we heard was accurate). Just ridiculous. I wouldn’t blame them for getting out bid because each player has a max value you should give them, but not even reaching out and then signing Zeke and pretending he is an NFL starting caliber RB is just incompetence.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
At this stage Henry is not much more than a JAG!
If he’s a jag, what does that make the motley crew we have right now ? And the reason Jerry didn’t go after him was simply because of the money. Zeke was cheap and talk about being on last quarter tank.