Is this season only considered a failure if the Cowboys lose the first playoff game?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
first game at home making it the 4th straight loss in the Divisional Round? I think that makes the season a failure since they had a number 1 seed and then lost the first game. But how can we call the season a failure if they reach the NFC Championship game for the first time in 21 years? Remember before the Cowboys won the SB 23 years ago it was steps to the Big show. Like in 1991 when the team got their first taste of the playoffs and lost in the Divisional Round and then came back the next year to go to SB

How can we expect Dak and Zeke to lead the team to a SB win as rookies? But I do expect them to win that FIRST PLAYOFF GAME. Reaching the NFC championship or losing the SB would be one hell of an accomplishment for a team with a rookie QB and RB.

I would love to see a SB win like most fans but that is just too much on a rookie QB and RB.

Agree or Disagree?
Yes, it's a fail.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Another fake fan

This whole thread is a ready made built in excuse if we don't win the Super Bowl by you.

32 teams start the year with a goal to win the Super Bowl. Every year, 31 teams fail.

It's not rocket science, and the vast majority of people here with their opinions are not fake fans because they don't subscribe to your crap.

Some positive things have happened this year with this franchise that can possibly give us success for future years. Okay, everybody is agreeing about that, some to a lesser extent than others. But the fact remains that the goal of this football team, the ultimate and only goal, is to win the Super Bowl. Like it is with every team ultimately. If we don't, we failed.

Every year is completely different in today's NFL. Any REAL fan knows that that has watched football for any significant period of time.

Maybe you should check yourself.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
This whole thread is a ready made built in excuse if we don't win the Super Bowl by you.

32 teams start the year with a goal to win the Super Bowl. Every year, 31 teams fail.

It's not rocket science, and the vast majority of people here with their opinions are not fake fans because they don't subscribe to your crap.

Some positive things have happened this year with this franchise that can possibly give us success for future years. Okay, everybody is agreeing about that, some to a lesser extent than others. But the fact remains that the goal of this football team, the ultimate and only goal, is to win the Super Bowl. Like it is with every team ultimately. If we don't, we failed.

Every year is completely different in today's NFL. Any REAL fan knows that that has watched football for any significant period of time.

Maybe you should check yourself.

It's only a failed season if they lose the 1st playoff game

mrmojo

Reaction score
It's already successful, didn't expect this season at all....even with Romo.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If we go on to be the #1 seed anything short of a SB appearance will be a failure to me, despite having a rookie QB. A great regular season that could end with not only a franchise record number of consecutive wins but a franchise record of wins, has to end with at least a SB appearance not to be looked at as a failure. The type of season we're having has raised very high expectations.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Anything short of a NFC Championship game appearance has to be a massive failure after the start to this season.

That would mean winning one playoff game. Win the Divisional game and get into the NFC Champ game.

Win two games to get into the Super Bowl. And that's all you can really ask for at that point.

toto1939

Reaction score
Yes...it would be a massive failure having the best team in the NFL not going anywhere in the playoffs

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Ok well that means Romo's career as a Cowboys QB has been a FAILURE

LOL. You just can't help yourself can you. You've already made yourself look foolish with this thread so now you need to change the subject and go to your "go to" and that's to bash Tony Romo.

I've made no sense this entire thread, but that's okay, I'll just start bashing Tony Romo.

This team has failed since 1995 because that's the last year they have won a Super Bowl. You see, this is a team sport. But keep on pushing your agenda. Don't let logic stop you.

Your hatred for Tony Romo doesn't need you to bring him up in a thread that has nothing to do with him. We all already know how you and some others feel about him.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
LOL. You just can't help yourself can you. You've already made yourself look foolish with this thread so now you need to change the subject and go to your "go to" and that's to bash Tony Romo.

I've made no sense this entire thread, but that's okay, I'll just start bashing Tony Romo.

This team has failed since 1995 because that's the last year they have won a Super Bowl. You see, this is a team sport. But keep on pushing your agenda. Don't let logic stop you.

Your hatred for Tony Romo doesn't need you to bring him up in a thread that has nothing to do with him. We all already know how you and some others feel about him.
:hammer: