Is this the best WR trio in Cowboys history?

joseephuss

Reaction score
No

You forgot Pearson, Hill and Johnson/ Richards
And Hayes, Allworth and Rentzel

Lance Alworth and Lance Rentzel weren't on the Cowboys at the same time. The same day they traded away Rentzel to the Rams they acquired Alworth from the Chargers. Alworth was okay his 2 seasons in Dallas, but not nearly as good as he was with the Chargers.

Hailmary

Reaction score
From a pure numbers standpoint, this unit has a chance to be special, but this era of football favors the offense so much more that it's like comparing apples to oranges.

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
They are good. They will win some super bowls with the Cowboys in these next 5-6 years. No better route runner in the NFL than Cooper. They are scary good. And Zeke was half the threat he will be.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'll take Zeke and Pollard over Dorsett and Walker.

Pollard definitely gives Moore another gear or aspect to go to.

I utterly hate listening to Troy Aikman call games. But he nailed it when he said, or implied, Kellen Moore's approach of molding an offense around players instead of vice versa, was a better approach.

I think that's what we're seeing and will continue to see with this offense.

It's an offense built around the players' talents. They don't have to try to adapt to a scheme when the scheme is built for them.

I like that thinking.

It makes sense. And I guarantee the players like that, which keeps them positive.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
my personal fav is still Pearson,Hill,Johnson
That was a great, entertaining group.

Irvin, Harper, and Kelvin Martin (sprinkle in some Kevin Williams too) was pretty darn good too.

Super excited about this current trio, but not sure if Cobb will be here more than one season.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
In terms of years, yes. He was with the Oilers for 6 seasons and with the Cowboys for 4 seasons. He had more receptions, yards and TDs with Dallas.

Funny, in some ways this offense reminds me of the Oilers days with Moon's run-and-shoot.

I was an Oilers fan during those years, before I was a Cowboys fan.

Drew Hill, Ernest Givens... those guys were fun to watch.

But I came around to the Cowboys pretty quick and always remember them playing the Commanders.

We have way more talent now than those teams had, but it was a different era and overall scheme.

Talent should naturally grow as population increases over time.

P.S. I did not realize Drew Hill passed away. This post made me youtube some memories. As a kid, I remember Hill and Billy Hatcher on the Astros were my favorite players.

He had a long career, though.

Last edited: