Video: Is Tony Romo a Hall of Famer? Jesse Holley says

cern

Reaction score
I bet he does, but not while his kids are young. He’s minting cash right now, but he’s a really competitive dude. He’d be a great OC and very quickly a good HC.
Bill belichick is the highest paid coach at 12 million. Romo makes 42% more without the headaches. You might be right, but i doubt it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You do realize that in his last payoffs, Romo threw the game-winning TD pass in game 1. He also made the possible game-wiing throw to Dez in Game 2. Hardly a choke.
In fact he led all QBs in Playoff QB rating.

Also, in another post, you said Dak has gone further than Tony in the playoffs. He has not.
Wait a minute, "possible game winning throw?"
Come on.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This is the Daily Troll by the Dak slobberers :facepalm:
We really can’t find any fake Dak propaganda stats on Twitter anymore, can we? Everyone on this forum knows Tony isn’t going to make the Hall of Fame, but yeah let’s have a bunch of brainless Dak slobberers blow off some steam against their strawman.

If you have not copyrighted "Dak slobberers" Id like to use it.

A LOT!!!!

Hypotenoose

Reaction score
I know next to nothing about Moon’s CFL career, but since he won the equivalent of 5 Super Bowls there I’m going to go out on a limb and say he had decent coaches.
The topic at hand concerns the NFL HOF, not CFL, NCAA, high school or pee wee.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that Romo would be a nice addition to the Ring of Honor. So fun to watch, the underdog and good character.

But HOF? That's Rickles type funny.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
If he played for say the Atlanta Falcons Tony would be shoo in. The std in Dallas is higher. I hope I’m wrong

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Whooooooaaaaa, stop. Just stop. Ware is an easy HOFer. Might be a 1st balloter, depending on who else is on the ballot.

Why in the world would you say Ware might not be a HOFer? I mean, this is an easy vote. Don't tell me you fell for that fan crapp of bashing Ware?
I’m not bashing Ware. I didn’t say he wouldn’t get in. Seriously doubt 1st ballot. Just don’t think he’s a lock like Witten.

I played it down in order to make a bigger point of how little HOF caliber talent we’ve had this era. But Ware and Witten definitely two of the best this era for us.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think Ware will get in, eventually.
Ware had 7 seasons in a row with 10+ sacks. Only 2 players had more in consecutive seasons in Reggie White with 10 and John Randle with 8.
Add in leading the league twice in sacks in 2008 and 2010, and is the 2nd fastest player to reach 100 sacks.

His performance in his lone superbowl was note worthy, with 5 tackles and 2 sacks.
He has played in 8 playoff games and had 7.5 sacks.
Top 10 in sacks all time, #8 at retirement.

Maybe another in Tyron Smith if you count 2011 as part of the Romo era.
I could see him getting in eventually. I’m not disputing his performance. He was best Defensive Cowboy player this era. And it might be enough.

Smith is another one who might get consideration if he continues his pace and can stay healthy . But we’ve had great OL before like Erik Williams, Nyland , etc not get in. Took Rayfield like 40 years. Martin is on pace but Romo only got a couple seasons with him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Wasn't a decade, but aikman and switzer? Or mcmahon under ditka.

Do you think if Aikman had been under Switzer the whole time that he would be a Hall of Famer? Two of his Super Bowls were under a Hall of Fame head coach. Switzer went along for the ride on the team Jimmy built, then it collapsed without a new infusion of talent.

You think Ditka was a crappy coach? His team finished first in its division five straight years, went to the NFC Championship Game two years in addition to his Super Bowl year. I'll take that kind of crap. Plus, McMahon is not in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Hypotenoose

Reaction score
No the topic is apparently about your clueless ignorance, it’s called the “Pro Football Hall of Fame”. There is no NFL HOF.
Doug Flutie is widely regarded as the best CFL player of all time. CFL is professional football too. Doug Flutie will never wear a gold jacket, by my estimation. Just the same, this thread is about Tony Romo’s potential of getting into the HOF occupied by former NFL and AFL players. My position is he will never be inducted. What is your position on this matter and not my clueless ignorance?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Doug Flutie is widely regarded as the best CFL player of all time. CFL is professional football too. Doug Flutie will never wear a gold jacket, by my estimation. Just the same, this thread is about Tony Romo’s potential of getting into the HOF occupied by former NFL and AFL players. My position is he will never be inducted. What is your position on this matter and not my clueless ignorance?
I have no idea what you’re babbling about at the beginning there. I would not say he would never be inducted. I can’t say that in 30 years, some veteran committee wouldn’t put him in for some reason, like maybe the game is looked at differently and Romo is someone who fares well in that light (think Bert Blyleven in baseball). Or maybe like they did for this year, there will be an occasion where they expand the ballot and put a whole lot of past players in. So maybe there is like a < 5% chance, way down the line after he falls off the ballot.