Video: Is Tony Romo a Hall of Famer? Jesse Holley says

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
lol - and you never have wandered into a side discussion in a thread …

And, I'm the only one that did in this one …

lol, why even pretend that, and, again, why single me out among all the others?
OmerV, you are among the best posters I see at CZ. I talk to you because I respect your opinion but it's hardly singling you out. I'm guilty as charged for wandering off course as well sometimes. I wasn't calling out for doing so as much as I was just trying to steer you back to the question at hand because, as I previously stated, I respect your opinion and wanted to know if we agree. We do. I suspected that would be the case.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OmerV, you are among the best posters I see at CZ. I talk to you because I respect your opinion but it's hardly singling you out. I'm guilty as charged for wandering off course as well sometimes. I wasn't calling out for doing so as much as I was just trying to steer you back to the question at hand because, as I previously stated, I respect your opinion and wanted to know if we agree. We do. I suspected that would be the case.
Fair enough, and I appreciate you saying that. You and I had a bit of a disagreement a few weeks ago, so perhaps I wrongly assumed today was a carry over from that. I'm glad to find that wasn't the case because for the most part I've been in agreement with your opinions.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Exactly. People like to blame the lack of talent. For his lack of success in the playoffs.
So a lack of success with a ton of talent should mean that no team should ever consider Dak for their starter? If Romo failed in every situation that could've led us then I don't know why we're even split on what Dallas should do with Dak considering the talent he has on offense has been consistent and better.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll be surprised if Romo goes into coaching. I think he's got a long career ahead of him in the booth.

I bet he does, but not while his kids are young. He’s minting cash right now, but he’s a really competitive dude. He’d be a great OC and very quickly a good HC.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Fair enough, and I appreciate you saying that. You and I had a bit of a disagreement a few weeks ago, so perhaps I wrongly assumed today was a carry over from that. I'm glad to find that wasn't the case because for the most part I've been in agreement with your opinions.
I respect you, man. We don't always agree but its more often than not. It's okay to fuss and discuss when we don't agree. Even if we don't come to a resolution, I want you to know I'm still going to respect your opinion. That's not the case with a whole lot of theses fools around here. Have a good day. :)

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Romo has 2 more seasons to be eligible. You need more than just franchise records to get a gold jacket. Romo does not have a SB nor a SB appearance nor an appearance in the NFC conference finals.

That is exactly what is going to hold Romo from getting a gold jacket. Courtesy, Jason Garrett.

Romo has 2 more seasons to be eligible. You need more than just franchise records to get a gold jacket. Romo does not have a SB nor a SB appearance nor an appearance in the NFC conference finals.

That is exactly what is going to hold Romo from getting a gold jacket. Courtesy, Jason Garrett.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Ignorance is not knowing the posters.

The OP went back and forth on another thread saying how Romo wasn't even a good player. But now he presents a thread about Romo being a possible HOFer. You can't be this stupid.

Just to let you know, Romo is not a HOFer. I have no agenda, but it is simple to see those that do.
Ignorance is tying different threads together. I couldn't care less about your little scrap with another member.
ignore him if you're this affected by a damn article. One that someone else put together, lol. You can keep score though, you need it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Imagine someone seeing a post like this from the OP, or from America’s Clownboy or the Quincy Carter troll, and thinking that it was a genuine attempt to have a discussion :laugh: Imagine how stupid you’d have to be to think that.
Every day they post some stupid tweet to rile up one side or the other on the Dak debate. They usually even put the eating popcorn smiley right at the bottom! It’s so obvious, but I still usually get a chuckle from their brazenness.
Imagine whining about other posters you disagree with, calling them names and acting like a child.

Dre11

Reaction score
Just so sad how bad Garrett was and how Jerry ruined an entire decade and a half with that loser. Careers like Romo were destroyed. Romo could have been a Drew Brees success story.

We all knew Romo was doing what he did in spite of Garrett. This is more confirmation.
wrong again, Romo had high praise for Garrett.

Romo also had praise for Garrett and what he did for his career after he left in a DMN article that can't be posted here
https://www.kltv.com/story/29700339/jason-garrett-on-course-to-becoming-dallas-cowboy-coaching-great

Dre11

Reaction score
You use whatever word you want and I will use mine. It cant be stressed enough how bad Garrett was. It should never be forgotten.

Romo's career is basically known as a choke artist that couldn't win in big games that wont make the HOF. He had little to no playoff success at all when he could have had a Drew Brees type HOF career and championship.

I have no doubt Romo didn't picture that kind of a career for himself when he was dreaming of being an NFL QB.

Romo doesn't agree with you....lol

After the Dallas Cowboys clinched the NFC east for the first time in the Jason Garrett era on Sunday evening, quarterback Tony Romo lavished praise on his head coach for the work he’s done with the team.

Jason is the best head coach in the league that no one talks about,” Romo told the team’s official website. “He’s really gifted. He has ability to communicate with his players. He has a great mind for the game of football.”

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/romo-garrett-the-best-coach-no-one-talks-about/200384/

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:lmao:
You mean, we didn't start using Garrett as an excuse (maybe even correctly) until the last 3 years.
Right?

Garratt has been Garrett all along
Nope when I think Garrett first took over the head-coaching position. The players had his back he had the locker room. He didn’t lose the locker room in my opinion until after Joseph Randall. Then it started to go backwards in my opinion. Do you need time I really didn’t like Garrett was his last season. That’s when everything totally went sour

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:lmao:
You mean, we didn't start using Garrett as an excuse (maybe even correctly) until the last 3 years.
Right?

Garratt has been Garrett all along
I don’t agree. And I kept getting slammed for backing him. I had his back until he lost the locker room. So I don’t know what you’re laughing about

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So a lack of success with a ton of talent should mean that no team should ever consider Dak for their starter? If Romo failed in every situation that could've led us then I don't know why we're even split on what Dallas should do with Dak considering the talent he has on offense has been consistent and better.

Romo was a choke artist. Prescott wasn’t. So I have no idea what you’re talking about. Prescott went further in the playoffs. He threw Jason Witten and Bryant the first ever playoff touchdown catches. But people want to make this about Prescott LMAO. I think Prescott is a winner and I say . Come July 25 he will be a cowboy for a long time

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

After the Dallas Cowboys clinched the NFC east for the first time in the Jason Garrett era on Sunday evening, quarterback Tony Romo lavished praise on his head coach for the work he’s done with the team.

Jason is the best head coach in the league that no one talks about,” Romo told the team’s official website. “He’s really gifted. He has ability to communicate with his players. He has a great mind for the game of football.”

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/romo-garrett-the-best-coach-no-one-talks-about/200384/
I was disgusted when Tony Romo went to Cabo. During the playoffs. Yeah I know Jason Witten went with him. I thought Jason was a decent coach and totally lost the locker room. The last season. He needed to go. I’m not blaming Romo‘s lack of success on the coach. I’m blaming his inability to be cool in the most important games. It’s like Tom Landry said to Danny white.You don’t have a cool bone in your body

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I truly believe he didn't realize that Garrett wasn't all that great until he stepped away from the game. Garrett appears to be a likable person who has that "ability to communicate with his players" and make them believe in him. Players buy into a system and overlook its flaws because if you start doubting your head coach, you usually end up in a bad position.

It's like the proverbial player who will run through a wall for his coach. The idea is that his loyalty to his coach is such that he believes he can run through that wall even though it isn't really possible. Sports generally generates that kind of mind-set because having doubts results in problems such as splintered locker rooms.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don’t agree. And I kept getting slammed for backing him. I had his back until he lost the locker room. So I don’t know what you’re laughing about
I just always found it odd that Tony never got to enjoy that cover-all-sins Garrett excuse that Dak gets by some. That's all.
It just seems like a very glaring double standard.

I'm a fan of both players.....
I'm not saying whether or not either of them should get that excuse. But if one gets it, so should the other.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Hall of Famer Joe Namath threw for 173 TDs and 220 interceptions and his team never won a playoff game outside of its 1968 Super Bowl season. If you count records against quarterbacks, he finished with more losses than wins. One Super Bowl year erased a lot of mediocrity.
Namath is in the Hall for one game. He brought the NFL into the modern era. Don't think another QB would get in with those same credentials.

Hypotenoose

Reaction score
A HOF QB is able to overcome a crappy coach over the course of a decade. I’m a huge Romo fan. How can you possibly grant a QB HOF without reaching a conference championship game? You can’t. It’s completely nonsensical.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just always found it odd that Tony never got to enjoy that cover-all-sins Garrett excuse that Dak gets by some. That's all.
It just seems like a very glaring double standard.

I'm a fan of both players.....
I'm not saying whether or not either of them should get that excuse. But if one gets it, so should the other.
I know that’s what you were going for. I don’t make excuses for people. Jason lost the team the locker room. That’s when I was done with him. Tony makes his own problems just like Prescott