Is Travis Frederick Struggling in Camp?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
..its the media, man. We live in a world splurged with get anyone to say anything for the sake of just saying it. Regardless true or false.

No. It is not the media. It is people uncritically consuming media.

Blame the media? No.

Failure of personal responsibility. Yes, people should aspire not to unflinchingly accept every thing they read.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Frederick has literally never struggled since he joined the Dallas Cowboys.

OK, there was once as a rookie in his 2nd game, where Dontari Poe put one of the most ridiculous moves on him that I've ever seen.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/image...slots/photos/001/071/119/4d70d6b_original.gif

But other than that, he's literally never had a problem. Dude's in his prime, 100% injury free, there is absolutely no reason to think he will suck when the lights go on in Week 1.

Dontari Poe and Snacks Harrison are the only DL that have really challenged him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The biggest, strongest guys on the field don't look as dominant when they're not playing full out. This should not be a surprise.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not even. Mark Stepnoski was the 2nd best Center Cowboys ever had behind Tom Rafferty.

No, Fred is better. I saw all snaps that Step played for the Cowboys.

He was very good but not on the level of Dermontti Dawson in the same era.

Fred is on the Dermontti Dawson level.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
No, Fred is better. I saw all snaps that Step played for the Cowboys.

He was very good but not on the level of Dermontti Dawson in the same era.

Fred is on the Dermontti Dawson level.

Step was an undersized technician. Fred has the size, physicality, and technique. He’s the complete package. I would take the current O-line over the 92/93 unit.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Step was an undersized technician. Fred has the size, physicality, and technique. He’s the complete package. I would take the current O-line over the 92/93 unit.
On a player by player comparison, yes; however, as a unit the 1992/1993 OLines were dominant.

Also the current unit lacks the Erik Williams fear factor. IMO EW in 92/93 (pre car wreck) was the most dominant and feared OL in NFL history. He was the best player at his position on those teams. None of Emmitt, Aikman, Irvin or Haley were consensus #1 rated at their position but most people including John Madden rated EW as the best.

EW had 3 Pro Bowl and 2 All-Pro selections AFTER the car wreck but he was never remotely close to the same player.

Many Cowboys fans think Larry Allen was the most feared but LA just bullied people because it was fun. EW was an angry player that literally wanted to kill the opponent.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Frederick has literally never struggled since he joined the Dallas Cowboys.

OK, there was once as a rookie in his 2nd game, where Dontari Poe put one of the most ridiculous moves on him that I've ever seen.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/image...slots/photos/001/071/119/4d70d6b_original.gif

But other than that, he's literally never had a problem. Dude's in his prime, 100% injury free, there is absolutely no reason to think he will suck when the lights go on in Week 1.

As good as he has been, he loses his matchup in games just like everyone else, even Tyron. Its just that he loses on a much less frequent basis than an average player. Does he struggle against pure power, yes. It has always been his weakness that he has to absorb their power moreso than just stuffing them at the LOS. Am I worried?
No, not really. But I hope each year he will have gotten stronger and I'm not sure he really has.

On the flip side, if some of our D is giving the O trouble they will probably be OK against most lines.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
ROFL. You must have never really seen the 92/93 unit play. This unit is very good & with Connor Williams may be better than ever but Eric Williams by himself made that unit better. If he doesn't get injured, he is probably universally recognized as the greatest RT of all time. What he did against the best of the best was ridiculous.

Between he & Gogan there was a fear factor that was equal to another player.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I love the response from the shills.

Did I say that Travis Frederick was somehow awful now? I asked if he had been struggling in camp. On this board you would think this team is the defending super bowl champs the last 20 years straight.

I was one of the few people on this board that have been happy with Travis Frederick since day 1. You guys need to cool it.

cowboyec

Reaction score
havent read that.
all Ive heard is that the OL has been dominant.

Sydla

Reaction score
What? Where do you people get this stuff?

A couple of clips showed him getting beat.

From there, people have spun it to he's really struggling at camp and even Marinelli, himself, bull rushed him into the QB.

And then that's why you get questions from others wondering if he's struggling. It's the danger of the media posting a random clip on twitter

Galian Beast

Reaction score
havent read that.
all Ive heard is that the OL has been dominant.

I've heard that Martin and Smith have been dominant. I haven't heard much of anything regarding Frederick except for when players have giving him issues. I'd love to see the positive reports about him, which was the point of this thread as opposed to everyone going into high alert defense mode.