Is/was there any good, practical reason for Witten to return to football?

Verdict

Reaction score
You’re certainly entitled to that opinion. I’m not sure what it’s based on unless you prefer less production in passing from the TE position and a more futile Redzone offense.

It’s beginning to sound like you have a personal issue with Witten himself? And that’s fine but at least express that so we don’t waste time discussing specifics and impacts which wouldn’t factor in.

Or maybe you just let sentiment affect an honest evaluation of Witten. That knife cuts both ways.

Witten was one of my all time favorite Cowboys, but he is a significant liability to the team and the cap at this time.

Verdict

Reaction score
I love the film of Jason fighting and gaining a whole chunk of yardage without a helmet. He's earned the right to this fan's endorsement. As well as a leadership role as relevant as Sean Lee's.
Let’s bring back Aikman and Staubach for their leadership too while we are at it. They have earned that right too.

That has to be one of the worst arguments for bringing Witten back that I can think of.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
What do you all think his total yards receiving will be? I say it will be around 500 yards.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Or maybe you just let sentiment affect an honest evaluation of Witten. That knife cuts both ways.

Witten was one of my all time favorite Cowboys, but he is a significant liability to the team and the cap at this time.
You’ll have to expand on his Liability concerns. Cap concerns is arguable. But Significant liability? I’ll need to hear more.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What do you all think his total yards receiving will be? I say it will be around 500 yards.
2017 Witten 63 rec 560 yards 5 TD

2018 Jarwin 27 rec 307 yards 3 TD
Swaim 26 rec 242 yards 1 TD
Schultz 12 rec 116 yards 0 TD
Gathers 3 rec. 45 yards. 0 TD

And some think Witten can’t contribute? Lol
Or he’s a Liability. Wow!!

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
2017 Witten 63 rec 560 yards 5 TD

2018 Jarwin 27 rec 307 yards 3 TD
Swaim 26 rec 242 yards 1 TD
Schultz 12 rec 116 yards 0 TD
Gathers 3 rec. 45 yards. 0 TD

And some think Witten can’t contribute? Lol
Or he’s a Liability. Wow!!
Which is why I penciled in somewhere around 500 yards this season. What do you see him getting?

Proof

Reaction score
I actually enjoyed him as a broadcaster more than Romo...
I always thought of him as the modern day Yogi Berra.

I wish they would have given him a few more years for people to get on the Yogi train.
Alas, t'was not to be.
Yogi was so bad he was good. Quotable first days, written was just bad.
Romo is streets ahead