Is what you are seeing from the 2024 Dallas Cowboys surprising anyone?

Sully

Reaction score
Fellow Dallas fans.....

If what you are seeing from the 2024 Dallas Cowboys surprises anyone, then you are blinded by your loyalty and fanaticism.
Sure, like in years past, I will be ridiculed for pointing this out as I have also stated that Jerry Jones continues to sell FOOLS Gold
( also known as pyrite). A worthless stone, the fools many people seeking to be rich. Searching for REAL gold, miners
fall for the this fake stone.

Jerry sells optimism, words and hope each and every season for the past 28 years. And over the stretch of time, fans scoop
up these worthless nuggets and try to sift through sand to find the RICH stone, only to be let down, once again with the
fools gold.

Entering 2024, after yet another embarrassing season ending loss, Jerry throws out more fools gold with "All-In" phrases
This time, Dallas fans use their gold pan and find more sand with fools gold but not buying into this false prophets rhetoric.

But this team lost their 1,000 rusher, the Hall of Fame left tackle and two starting DTs. Replacing each with rookies or
past their time players trying to have one more NFL season. In addition, filling out their roster with undrafted players.

We are also sold that the Cowboys draft so well under Will McClay. Maybe it is alittle better but still a HUGE reason
this team can even see a NFC Conference game, let alone a Superbowl. Mazi is a 1st rd bust and the other DT was a
2nd rd bust in Tryson Hill. Taco Carlton was another 1st rd bust. And let's not even go through the many years of 2nd rd disappointments
When this franchise keep depending on The Draft to fill their team and not enough of those players do not "pan out", this
franchise looks to get "cheap" bottom basement players and they are usually from bad teams that didn't even want them.

Jerry Jones was asked a question about 10 years ago that if he was the GM of the New York Yankees and had the same output he is producing
with the Cowboys, what would happen? Jerry replied, HE WOULD BE FIRED. But because he is not accountable to anyone,
the results are Daniel Synder-like. ( Former owner of the Commanders). At least Mr. Synder sold the team. Jerry's PRIDE is why Cowboys fans are
seeing the destruction.

So watch our Cowboys like you do as a TV show or movie. Entertainment for a few hours with no expectations.
But if you fall into the trap again, keep the receipt and return the fools gold but know, you will get nothing in return because the stone is worthless.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
I’ve said all offseason:

- I don’t remember a lame duck coach, or his staff, succeed.
- When you don’t make personnel improvements, or stay pat, you become very bad, very fast.
- Successful teams control both trenches, thus time of possession.
- Successful teams can gain tough yards running, and stopping the run.
- Successful teams have depth at the skill positions.
- That I didn’t want a veteran RB, I wanted to draft one on day two.
- That I wanted them to draft a NT high, then address the O-line.
- That it’s JJ getting to pick the second round pick in exchange for giving up control of the rest of the draft.
- I thought this team wouldn’t win more than six games, then picking them to win 9 at the last moment. :mad:

I hate how JJ‘s decades of mismanagement has pit so many of us against each other.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Nobody is surprised. I bet 90%+ of posters had us 1-2. We knew the offense would suck, we knew the defense was bad (maybe not THIS bad), and we knew this was a lame duck staff. I don’t know who you are scolding OP. If you were looking at this board all summer heading into the season there was zero optimism.

kskboys

Reaction score
Fellow Dallas fans.....

If what you are seeing from the 2024 Dallas Cowboys surprises anyone, then you are blinded by your loyalty and fanaticism.
Sure, like in years past, I will be ridiculed for pointing this out as I have also stated that Jerry Jones continues to sell FOOLS Gold
( also known as pyrite). A worthless stone, the fools many people seeking to be rich. Searching for REAL gold, miners

Jerry sells optimism, words and hope each and every season for the past 28 years. And over the stretch of time, fans scoop
up these worthless nuggets and try to sift through sand to find the RICH stone, only to be let down, once again with the
fools gold.

Entering 2024, after yet another embarrassing season ending loss, Jerry throws out more fools gold with "All-In" phrases
This time, Dallas fans use their gold pan and find more sand with fools gold but not buying into this false prophets rhetoric.

But this team lost their 1,000 rusher, the Hall of Fame left tackle and two starting DTs. Replacing each with rookies or
past their time players trying to have one more NFL season. In addition, filling out their roster with undrafted players.

We are also sold that the Cowboys draft so well under Will McClay. Maybe it is alittle better but still a HUGE reason
this team can even see a NFC Conference game, let alone a Superbowl. Mazi is a 1st rd bust and the other DT was a
2nd rd bust in Tryson Hill. Taco Carlton was another 1st rd bust. And let's not even go through the many years of 2nd rd disappointments
When this franchise keep depending on The Draft to fill their team and not enough of those players do not "pan out", this
franchise looks to get "cheap" bottom basement players and they are usually from bad teams that didn't even want them.

Jerry Jones was asked a question about 10 years ago that if he was the GM of the New York Yankees and had the same output he is producing
with the Cowboys, what would happen? Jerry replied, HE WOULD BE FIRED. But because he is not accountable to anyone,
the results are Daniel Synder-like. ( Former owner of the Commanders). At least Mr. Synder sold the team. Jerry's PRIDE is why Cowboys fans are
seeing the destruction.

So watch our Cowboys like you do as a TV show or movie. Entertainment for a few hours with no expectations.
But if you fall into the trap again, keep the receipt and return the fools gold but know, you will get nothing in return because the stone is worthless.
Not even a little bit. My guess was 6-7 wins in preseason. Nothing has changed that.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Not one bit at all, everything has gone as I thought it would. Sadly, many on here were very excited about the changes on the team (OL, RB, Vets on D) and many of us objective fans knew things wouldn't be so smooth. There are many many on here who know more about Football than I do, but it doesn't take a village idiot like me to know that rookies on the OL, rookies on D, injuries on D and no running game to speak of were not a good recipe to start a fresh season. This didn't even take into account the contract controversies, new DC, lame-duck HC, etc, so it was a pretty easy guess to see how the season would start.

Sadly it looks like the season could come off the rails quicker than I thought of, and if things don't turn around quickly this will be a wasted year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fellow Dallas fans.....

fools gold.

seeing the destruction.

Every thread this week should’ve been in the Overtime Zone.

kskboys

Reaction score
No, knew when no changes took place after that massacre PO, the writing was on the wall.
Oh there were changes. We released our 1 decent RB and our best DT and solid DE and rotational DT. Honestly, Gallimore might be the best DT on the roster if he were still here.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I expected a regression year, but it's much worse than I expected. I didn't see a constant GB game happening over and over again. I thought they would do the usual beat up the bad to mediocre teams, and continue to lose to anyone good. I didn't expect a total meltdown.

Blue64

Reaction score
Fellow Dallas fans.....

fools gold.

seeing the destruction.

Well said…

Knock the cowboys off of being the most valuable franchise and then you’ll see real changes…

cristglo

Reaction score
Right now we have a top-ten pick but they would find some way to screw that up.
I don't like losing but if we get beat by the Giants it wouldn't bother me a bit.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Fellow Dallas fans.....

fools gold.

seeing the destruction.

No, not surprised. You have to be a fool of think that this is gonna be a good team after no off-season moves and the loss of a lot of personnel and coaches. I said they would go eight and nine but now I think it might be worse. Start looking forward to the draft sooner than later.