Is Witten a strategic decision by Jerry or a publicity stunt?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
* Bob Uecker*

Ha, I'd caught an old JOHNNY CARSON airing on T.V.around 2a.m. a month or so back

( I'm holding that ART DONAVON rebroadcast in ready reserve just like Erwin Rommel would have,,,er,,,if ready reserves were available unto him as readily as Chief Sitting BULL had in reserve at the battle of greasy grass ( ya know)these white-eyed desires of world wide conquest could've perhaps,,,er,,,maybe been abruptly curtailed ,HuH? Ya Man that ol' Rommel HIENIE chieftain would've made a damn fine Indian chief o_O

Man,Bro,,,don't really know, one day we're kickin' around Big-G's TROUTY'S TAVERN,,, & ,,, pretty much sez' he's done.the Flock flew away afore I knew Man:huh:
( ( ya,I kinda know though:mad:))

I loved those Art Donovan interviews! He was someone I would have gladly gone out and had a drink or two with and be readily prepared to get into a bar brawl with. Not against Art, but on Art's side, I'd have his back in a good ol' fashioned bar brawl.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I believe it's a little 'o both.
Or is it Jerry, again, having a bigger heart than his brain?
Our TE corps, as weak as it is (Jarhead excluded) , needs reps and game time. I see Witten just delaying their progress.
Have you not heard? He's a leader and runs the 'Y" route better than anyone in the world.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Our TE corps, as weak as it is (Jarhead excluded) , needs reps and game time. I see Witten just delaying their progress.

Combination.
Witten is a little expensive as our standard bridge free agent signing, but better than we'd normally sign too.
The JV team aren't great. Yes, they develop faster if they play, but maybe Witten is just better and they'd rather have better play while the JV develops toward varsity.
Also, having Witten can have a positive effect on that development too. There are worse people our TEs could be learning from.

Heart. Marketing. Pad the stats to keep him ahead of Gates. I'm sure Jerry wants Witten to be first ballot. A playoff game or two wouldn't hurt either.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Witten at 20-25 plays per game will not delay the progress of Blake Jarwin and Dalton Schultz. In fact, he should have the opposite effect. There's nobody else I would rather have mentoring a young tight end than Witten.

I think he's coming back in 2019 as a complementary player-slash-goal line option; and he'll use this season to act as a bridge to a possible coaching career.

Because let's face it, that TV thing wasn't too smooth.
Witten at 20-25 plays per game will not delay the progress of Blake Jarwin and Dalton Schultz. In fact, he should have the opposite effect. There's nobody else I would rather have mentoring a young tight end than Witten.

I think he's coming back in 2019 as a complementary player-slash-goal line option; and he'll use this season to act as a bridge to a possible coaching career.

Because let's face it, that TV thing wasn't too smooth.

So ... Witten ius a mentor? Has anyone told that to old man Witten?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If the veracity to the reports are believed to be true, coach GARRETT & Co. was pinning away for the #82's strength of presence last year,,,& you know ol' (coach)Jason let slip earlier this off season something about it shouldn't be viewed as "odd" to be having Double duty personnel on the roster serving as both "a player& position coach" ( or something similar along those lines)

If the coaches can't coach, bring in players who can.

I'm fine with it for Witten and Lee. Particularly Lee.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If the veracity to the reports are believed to be true, coach GARRETT & Co. was pinning away for the #82's strength of presence last year,,,& you know ol' (coach)Jason let slip earlier this off season something about it shouldn't be viewed as "odd" to be having Double duty personnel on the roster serving as both "a player& position coach" ( or something similar along those lines)

* man I bought two glass handle jugs of Jim Beam on wed.& am down to 25% operating capacity remaining on unit#2,,,:facepalm:
Just return them wire cutters and I won't press charges with the Upright Citizens panel.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A
Any coach would love to have a player like Witt on their team. Anyone that doesn't agree has never been on a sideline.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Just return them wire cutters and I won't press charges with the Upright Citizens panel.
Ha! That's kinda' funny as I've a pair of 1951 U.S military issued "beak" jaw wire knippers me laddie, Tally-Ho & under the wire @ midnight and mind you the reminder,,,we're all blackface ,,,:starspin:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I lost me night watch cap last time.
For the cause!
:lmao: I just found a dark blue one that sez' yolo in white lettering in the vacuous confines of the couch& don't remember where it come from or how it got there just about two hours ago,
( straight truth) yer' welcome to it :thumbup:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I believe they're letting him come back because they believe he can help the team to be better. I don't think they expect him to be the same as he was in his prime, but they do think he can help this team win games, be it via making catches, blocking, or being a player-coach. I think this will work out. I don't believe his tank is empty.