Is Zeke a top 3 running back?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I understand what you meant, ergo my comment "partly true". is yac because a wr is great or the db made a poor tackle. is a qb's rating based on his great arm or great catches by his receivers. did a rb break a tackle, or did the tackler miss or take a bad angle. football stats can be skewed. scientific tests are required to be repeated until there is no doubt.
Absolutely!! Many contributing factors. Totally agree.

The point is that whether it’s stats, facts or scientific evidence fans or citizens beliefs and opinions don’t always align with established criteria.

kskboys

Reaction score
So a RB who had less fumbles, a better ypc, a worse O line and more total yards is less durable than Zeke? Wow! That’s impressive! I thought the Twilight Zone was all fantasy.
You really need to look up the word "durability". It appears as if you don't understand what it means.

InTheZone

Reaction score
that is partly true. judging an athlete still involves a measure of subjective opinion regardless of stats. whereas in science, the truth is not at all swayed by personal opinions. the truth of a test is its repetition with the same result over and over. in football, yac's can be greater if a d-back slips. too many variables. in science, there are no variables in determining the truth.
To be fair a theory is not strictly truth and does always involve opinions.

cern

Reaction score
To be fair a theory is not strictly truth and does always involve opinions.
who said anything about a theory. layman have a tendency to forever call a discovery a theory because that is the way it must first be presented. the theory of special relativity. the theory of general relativity. both long since proven to be facts. but many still call them theories because the original papers were titled thusly. the list is long.

aria

Reaction score
apparently I didn't clarify. it's their opinion that zeke is the best. just as it is mine. I don't care about stats.
Good for you, it’s my opinion that your opinion is wrong.

aria

Reaction score
You really need to look up the word "durability". It appears as if you don't understand what it means.
Lol, coming from the guy who says clearly Barkley doesn’t have durability but hasn’t given one reason to back it up. I’d say playing behind a bottom 10 O line, therefore more contact, and 2028 overall yards says he’s shown to be pretty durable so far.

But who cares about numbers and stats, right? They only apply to Zeke when people claim he’s the best because he had the most rushing yards 2 out of 3 years :rolleyes:

aria

Reaction score
apparently I didn't clarify. it's their opinion that zeke is the best. just as it is mine. I don't care about stats.
BTW, I do agree with you in a small sense in that stats aren’t the definitive answer to everything. Stats can be very misleading but if people look at the big picture then I think they can be a decent indicator or how good a player is.

People also act like I think or have said that Zeke sucks which is ridiculous. Actually, I have said he sucks as a person, I don’t like him and have never hidden from that but I’ve also said I think he is a great RB and top 3, I just happen to think Barkley is better by a small margin and I’m quite sure that if Barkley had a star on his helmet and Zeke had NY on his then most of the Cowboys fans who say Zeke is the best would say Barkley is the best and use the same statistics I do to support that. Some people just can’t ever say something good or that someone is the best if they play for another team, especially a divisional rival.

Breaking news, it’s ok to say a player for another team is better than one of our best players, it doesn’t make someone less of a fan. I’m not saying this applies to you, just a slight personal rant.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I've tried to come up with something that Zeke is better than Kamara at, and I just haven't found it yet.

Not balance, not tackle breaking, not elusiveness, not receiving, not blocking, not breakaway speed or quickness.

Maybe vision? But that's hard to tell on whose is better.

aria

Reaction score
I've tried to come up with something that Zeke is better than Kamara at, and I just haven't found it yet.

Not balance, not tackle breaking, not elusiveness, not receiving, not blocking, not breakaway speed or quickness.

Maybe vision? But that's hard to tell on whose is better.
I got one...fumbles :lmao:

Just another pointless stat though, those don’t matter.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Actual touches Zeke had ~30 more, actual total yards Barkley had more. Barkley also had a better ypc average with regard to strictly rushing touches and had ZERO fumbles compared to the league leader, Zeke, who had SIX.
Not rushing yards, and all purpose we're talking 27 yards, lol.

In one more game than Elliott played.

aria

Reaction score
Not rushing yards, and all purpose we're talking 27 yards, lol.

In one more game than Elliott played.
Yeah, and Zeke had ~130 more rushing yards, carried the ball ~40 more times than Barkley and had a much better O line so what’s your point?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah, and Zeke had ~130 more rushing yards, carried the ball ~40 more times than Barkley and had a much better O line so what’s your point?
One less game is the point.
Pointing out you can pick stats to fit your opinion. I'm holding Elliott higher soley for his entire body of work. Barkley has only played one season. When I see a couple more I'll form a better opinion. I have zero issue saying Elliott isn't better than "so and so" RB, but until then, Elliott has proven to be an elite RB his entire career.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
no offense to the OP as he was just passing on a ranking for debate, but anyone who doesn't instantly know the correct answer to this question doesn't know jack dung about football. They are the people who muck up intelligent conversations.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'd like Elliott and Barkley in the wishbone :)

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
That is the way it is supposed to work To be the best you have to play like the best and Zeke is doing it

aria

Reaction score
One less game is the point.
Pointing out you can pick stats to fit your opinion. I'm holding Elliott higher soley for his entire body of work. Barkley has only played one season. When I see a couple more I'll form a better opinion. I have zero issue saying Elliott isn't better than "so and so" RB, but until then, Elliott has proven to be an elite RB his entire career.
I get the one season but based on the one season, for now I still think Barkley is slightly better.

What does it matter if Zeke played one less game when he still had 40 more carries than Barkley? I would understand if he had more yards and had less carries due to playing one less game but it’s the opposite.