Is Zeke a top 3 running back?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
3 seasons of what vs 1? what the hell are you talking about?

"If you're not willing to factor in all of the statistics" LMAOOOOOOO as you are talking about strictly rushing yards and wanting to dismiss receiving yards for running backs? What in the hypocrisy is this?
Want all the stats? Just look above in thread

You look silly.
Your boner for a one season player is disturbing. Keep driving the receiving stats.
You're doing terrific.

AGAIN, until I see more on the pallet from Barkley, Elliott is the better RB overall.
And not putting him in the top 3 is beyond idiotic.

It's funny because they're very close, to the point I would take either. But, some "fans" double and triple down on receiving stats for a running back.
I'd rather have a RB that doesn't struggle against the better defenses. 9 out of 16 games under 100 yards. 7 games under 50!

"But his receiving yards though!" Doesn't really matter if you can't run a balanced offense and run the ball to set up the pass. Explains the 5 wins.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Your boner for a one season player is disturbing. Keep driving the receiving stats.
You're doing terrific.

AGAIN, until I see more on the pallet from Barkley, Elliott is the better RB overall.
And not putting him in the top 3 is beyond idiotic.

It's funny because they're very close, to the point I would take either. But, some "fans" double and triple down on receiving stats for a running back.
I'd rather have a RB that doesn't struggle against the better defenses. 9 out of 16 games under 100 yards. 7 games under 50!

"But his receiving yards though!" Doesn't really matter if you can't run a balanced offense and run the ball to set up the pass. Explains the 5 wins.

ONE SEASON OF WHAT ONE PLAYER!?!?!!

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU EVEN TRYING TO SAY?

quickccc

Reaction score
Yep

YPC- Tied 16th amongst starting RBs
Fumbles- lead the league with 6 amongst non QBs
Rushing TDs- 19th amongst starting RBs in the league
Total TDs- Tied fofor 19th amongst just RBs
Longest rush of 41 yards- 35 players had longer rushes than that

All this lack of scoring and long rushes despite having the most touches of any RB by almost 30 touches

But I'm glad that he had so many carries that he won the rushing title and that means a lot to yall, I really am.

quickccc

Reaction score
Yep

YPC- Tied 16th amongst starting RBs
Fumbles- lead the league with 6 amongst non QBs
Rushing TDs- 19th amongst starting RBs in the league
Total TDs- Tied fofor 19th amongst just RBs
Longest rush of 41 yards- 35 players had longer rushes than that

All this lack of scoring and long rushes despite having the most touches of any RB by almost 30 touches

But I'm glad that he had so many carries that he won the rushing title and that means a lot to yall, I really am.

NFL running backs with most 100+ yard rushing games ? (Zeeeeke !)

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?season=2018&week=100&category=RUSHING&sortOrder=0&page=1

InTheZone

Reaction score
No, rbs for other teams that average 1.5 yards a game when taking away their biggest run of the game are better, duh

uvaballa

Reaction score
I would put him in the top 3 but he didn’t look like it in his last playoff game. Got out rushed by 2 RBs on the other team.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Barkley is terrific but reminds me of Barry. Loses too many yards trying to dance around everybody. Lower your head and take the 2 yard gain when nothing is there, don't lose 3 yards trying to make something out of nothing....

He averaged 5 ypc so not sure your opinion is very accurate. He's super agile, but he can also put his head down and run you over too. He's the complete package.

DanA

Reaction score
He averaged 5 ypc so not sure your opinion is very accurate. He's super agile, but he can also put his head down and run you over too. He's the complete package.

Not sure how you can quote ypc as disproving his point. If Barkley hits you for 25 yards and then gets -1, -2, 2, 1 on his next four carries that's still 5 ypc but very much in line with what ThatJerryKid was saying. That's an exaggeration but I do see a difference between Zeke and Barkley when it comes to dirty yards and durability.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Not sure how you can quote ypc as disproving his point. If Barkley hits you for 25 yards and then gets -1, -2, 2, 1 on his next four carries that's still 5 ypc but very much in line with what ThatJerryKid was saying. That's an exaggeration but I do see a difference between Zeke and Barkley when it comes to dirty yards and durability.

I don't. Barkley isn't constantly dancing. And he played behind a worse line on a worse offense and still got.more ypc.

What durability concerns does Barkley have in your mind? He hasn't.missed a game like ever. Lol

DanA

Reaction score
I don't. Barkley isn't constantly dancing. And he played behind a worse line on a worse offense and still got.more ypc.

What durability concerns does Barkley have in your mind? He hasn't.missed a game like ever. Lol

It doesn't take away from the fact that ypc isn't a good way to support what you're saying.

And if I remember correctly Barkley did a hamstring in pre-season. Maliek Collins didn't miss a game in his rookie year either. I still thought durability was a concern.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
It doesn't take away from the fact that ypc isn't a good way to support what you're saying.

And if I remember correctly Barkley did a hamstring in pre-season. Maliek Collins didn't miss a game in his rookie year either. I still thought durability was a concern.

It's not based on anything realistic. Barkley didn't miss time in college or his rookie year. He's 6' 233lbs, built like a truck with freak athletic ability. There's no durability concerns whatsoever. Zeke has more durability concern than Barkley imo.

Ypc means that in average, even behind a worse line and on a worse offense, Barkley gave you more.production per play than Zeke. Not sure how you feel that isn't proof. The other.poster claimed he danced too much and lost too many yards trying to be cute. That couldn't be further from the truth.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

Also the OP had zero to support his.notion.

If someone wants to dive into the advanced.metrics and figure out how many yards each gained after first contact last year id love to see that comparison. Or how.many carries for a loss each had.

kskboys

Reaction score
Also the OP had zero to support his.notion.

If someone wants to dive into the advanced.metrics and figure out how many yards each gained after first contact last year id love to see that comparison. Or how.many carries for a loss each had.
You musta been sleepin', cuz it's already been done!!! And redone!!! And redone!!!!

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
You musta been sleepin', cuz it's already been done!!! And redone!!! And redone!!!!

Where? I didn't read all 8000 posts in this thread so it's entirely possible I missed it.

However..anyone who thinks Barkley is a dancer and can't get tough yards is still a tube lol. We're lucky to have Zeke but if we didn't.. I'd want Barkley over anyone else.