Is Zeke still or no longer among most explosive RBs in NFL?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Zeke stats for 3 seasons and 7 games

1003 att. 4650 yards. 4.6 yards/attempt

Emmitt stats for 3 seasons and 7 games

1130 att. 4959 yards 4.3 yards/attempt

Big_D

Reaction score
LOL everyone claiiming he was the best before the contract now fighting to put him in the top 5. He's not better than Barkley or McCaffrey or Cook or Kamara.

Another POS. Him and Jerry make a great team.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Every week lol. Its a 16 game season. Zeke will be standibg week 17 as always. Will those other guys? Who knows

Beaker42

Reaction score
You're dumb if you think there are 3 backs in the same tier as Zeke, let alone 10.

TEVON COLEMAN? lmao.
Not even 3? Maybe not 10 but you’re entirely FOS if you think there aren’t at lest 4 or 5. Hell, GB has one and that kid was a 5th freaking rounder. I count Barkley, Cook, Jones, Chubb, Kamara, Sanders, and McCaffrey in his block. That’s 6. Quit being such a homer.

Last edited:

Beaker42

Reaction score
Every week lol. Its a 16 game season. Zeke will be standibg week 17 as always. Will those other guys? Who knows
You can really say with certainty that given our schedule, Zeke will be there week 17?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You can really say with certainty that given our schedule, Zeke will be there week 17?
Unless he sits because we suck too bad or we have a bye. He doesnt get hurt like the other guys yall love. Mcaffrey is the only guy comparable and he hasnt done it as long as zeke. He didnt get that many carries as a rookie and hes played a year less. Gurley, david johnson, Bell, Cook, Fournette all proved to be mortals. Death, taxes, gotta see Zeke on Sundays

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Grass is greener on the other side. Go be a NY Giants fan and in a week you will be claiming that Saquon Barkley isn't as good as Zeke.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Not even 3? Maybe not 10 but you’re entirely FOS if you think there aren’t at lest 4 or 5. Hell, GB has one and that kid was a 5th freaking rounder. I count Barkley, Cook, Jones, Kamara, Sanders, and McCaffrey in his block. That’s 6. Quit being such a homer.
SANDERS?????? lmao. Jones has been good for like 4 games. Kamara's never even run for 1,000 yards and hasn't been nearly as effective this year as the lead back. CMC is one of the worst YAC ball carriers in the entire league.

Zeke and Saquon are so far ahead of the pack it's not even funny. Cook's got potential but just hasn't done it enough, especially against good teams.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Unless he sits because we suck too bad or we have a bye. He doesnt get hurt like the other guys yall love. Mcaffrey is the only guy comparable and he hasnt done it as long as zeke. He didnt get that many carries as a rookie and hes played a year less. Gurley, david johnson, Bell, Cook, Fournette all proved to be mortals. Death, taxes, gotta see Zeke on Sundays
Love the positivity. Sure hope you’re right.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Zeke has lost a step or two and no longer has that "it" factor. All those hits he has taken have apparently taken their toll. Kellen Moore is wise to reduce his roll on this team because he can no longer handle that high load that he once had. The Jones boys should have anticipated Zeke's reduced roll and not agreed to such a high pay raise for him. They should look into unloading his contract onto some other poor sap GM that thinks Zeke is still special.
I saw some pretty good runs last week. He showed a good burst when he juked those 2 eagles around the end. I think he will get even faster as the season progresses. jmho. He is still a gamechanger and does everything well.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Most of the clowns in here didn't notice that he was running with a mission against the Eagles. That was the old Zeke in case you missed it.

quickccc

Reaction score
It's tiring having this same conversation. It's real simple. Explosive players have explosive plays. Zeke has had 1 explosive play since his rookie year and that was a screen pass. Until he starts hitting multiple big plays again you can't really classify him as a big play running back. He's a grinder at this point. That's good enough for me as long as people don't want me to classify him as a home run hitter when he is not hitting home runs.

Explosive plays doesn’t necessary mean TDs, ..it’s considered 20 yds or more from what I understood. And it doesn’t always mean rushing plays but pass plays as well.

- but zeke has made explosive plays beyond just that Niners game in 2017
for example; vs Detroit just last year in 2018, Zeke had a splash plays that included of 41 run and that patented 38 yd quick screen for a TD, and don't forget when he slipped out backfield on
a wheel route vs LB, to catch a long 36 yd pass in the last winding minutes of the game, that put us in FG range- en route to deciding game winning FG :cool:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Explosive plays doesn’t necessary mean TDs, ..it’s considered 20 yds or more from what I understood. And it doesn’t always mean rushing plays but pass plays as well.

- but zeke has made explosive plays beyond just that Niners game in 2017
for example; vs Detroit just last year in 2018, Zeke had a splash plays that included of 41 run and that patented 38 yd quick screen for a TD, and don't forget when he slipped out backfield on
a wheel route vs LB, to catch a long 36 yd pass in the last winding minutes of the game, that put us in FG range- en route to deciding game winning FG :cool:
I’d like to see him taking 75-80 yard touchdowns on occasion but if 30-40 is his top end now then so be it. I will just respectfully disagree.

quickccc

Reaction score

once one of the more explosive take to house RBs both run/pass, Gurley is flat out cooked and done, imo. he seems to only gets a bit more than a handful of plays and
we rarely see ANY splash plays from him nowadays. They simply didn't see that chronic knee issue coming before they dished out that huge contract, and seem stuck with it,
I wouldn't be surprised if Rams decide to cut him within the next couple of years, even though it seems they could be headed to cap salary hell.
Johnson may be on the downside, imo and he continues to have injuries that keeps him limited or sidelined.