Is Zeke the back he was the first 3 years?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It doesn't take 9 weeks to get back in game shape. He no longer has the quickness or speed and it's not coming back as the season goes on

You think he's working out during the season like he should have been in July and August? It is very hard to get in shape during the season b/c the week between games is spent recovering.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Zeke looked as good as I've ever seen him the week before.
While i'll agree that Zeke had a very good game last week we have seen him look more dynamic and have certainly seen more productive games.

To the OP's point....Zeke's long last week was 13 yards.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
No, he isn't. He didn't look particularly good last season either. His shelf life won't be long in the NFL. I'd say , possibly 30 yrs old, If not, sooner.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Fair question...but I’m not sure the most expensive OL in football is what it was three years ago either.

No, Zeke is not the same. Complete package in 2016 to now a very good power back.
The OL certainly is not the same. Leary made the OL dominant across the board.

dfense

Reaction score
On a serious note... is Zeke the back he was the first 3 years? He just seems slow.
He may not even make the Pro Bowl.

Cook Leads NFL
McCaffrey averaging 109 a game
A. Jones has 11 TDs
Even Carson is slightly ahead of Zeke in yards.

dfense

Reaction score
Yes they are.

9ers are a well coached team. Good players and they play with passion and inspired. This is not your bottom-dwelling team anymore. They are a force to be reckoned with.
If Cowboys had #1 picks across the DLine like SF, they probably would.

stinkface

Reaction score
Zeke is a really good power back. That's it. The explosion and quick twitch aren't there any more. He's paid as the top back in the league and the reality is he's probably a top 10 back at the most. I've noticed this year that when he breaks the LOS, he doesn't have the escape ability to make the Safety miss and also hit a top gear and pull away from anyone else. Frankly, we probably overpaid.

Wapp5200

Reaction score
On a serious note... is Zeke the back he was the first 3 years? He just seems slow.
Couldnt agree more. Seems to be running soft. Started in that Ram playoff loss. Dosent come up big when we need him most. Jones nay have been right, Zeke who?

75boyz

Reaction score

Another guy posted after the Eagle game that Zeke looked way different in that specific game. He has since gone back to the pre and post Eagle game type Zeke.

Both the OP and myself, who agreed with the OPs post, was that Zeke was decisive, quick, explosive and even his second gear had temporarily returned based off that one game performance.

Like I said, the o line comments and all other variables were offered up as an explanation as to why in those differing opinions he looked the same to them from those who disagreed with us, but in my eyes and the OPs, he was both powerful and explosive if but for only one game. Haven’t seen him run like it before or since at any time this year.

Heck, might have been a one game PED useage for all I know...All I know is he looked different that night.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, his hair is different, and he's carrying a lot of extra weight in his nose ...

NumOneQB

Reaction score
As much as players hate training camp,it does serve a purpose for game conditioning. I don't think he's the same back. His quickness and lateral movement are noticeably different from years past. With that said, he's still a top 5 back, IMO.

loublue22

Reaction score
It's nice Zeke can turn 2 yards into 6 yards, I think it would be nice if he could also still turn 6 yards into 20. Or 50.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Zeke is a really good power back. That's it. The explosion and quick twitch aren't there any more. He's paid as the top back in the league and the reality is he's probably a top 10 back at the most. I've noticed this year that when he breaks the LOS, he doesn't have the escape ability to make the Safety miss and also hit a top gear and pull away from anyone else. Frankly, we probably overpaid.

Wait a minute. I was told that he was an elite RB and Jerry had to pay him whatever he want's. "No matter the cost."

After I said good RBs are a dime-a-dozen.

But...What do I know?

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
On an alternate note, you seeing this 49ers v. Seahawks game? That defense from the 49ers is unreal. Wish our team was like that. We look like a Pee Wee Football team compared to them...

Those are top teams Dallas is average

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Zeke is still a top 3 player on this roster, top 3 back in the league, and were a much better team with him not without him.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Nope. he also cut in line to get paid, and it will cost Amari Cooper. Dak will get overpaid and Zeke will be gone after 2022, Dak a couple years later.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
he also cut in line to get paid, and it will cost Amari Cooper.

This was my fear when Jerry overpaid Zeke. We have to pay Dak and Cooper. What if Cooper bails out as a FA because they can't afford him?

Someone is going to pay Cooper big bucks.

Tussinman

Reaction score
He may not even make the Pro Bowl.

Cook Leads NFL
McCaffrey averaging 109 a game
A. Jones has 11 TDs
Even Carson is slightly ahead of Zeke in yards.
Yeah crazy how were supposedly built around Zeke and yet there's 7 runningbacks ahead of him in rushing yards, touchdowns, and yards per carry....... (that would be insane if he didn't make the pro bowl with his high dollar contract and supposedly "#1 o-line in football")