Twitter: Issac Alarcon Back To The Practice Squad

starfan1

Reaction score
Yup. Each preseason, the NFL assigns an IPP player to each of the four teams in one of the 8 divisions in the NFL. Unless they are released by that team, the IPP player is on that team's Practice Squad each year. Technically, that player is waived, but it is a formality by agreement - that player automatically reverts to the original team's Practice Squad at the beginning of the season.
If the player and team mutually agrees to drop the IPP tag and sign a contract to the 53 man Active roster, he is a regular player.
Currently, there are 14 IPP players in the NFL.

Edited
thank you

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Im gonna say it, HE IS BETTER THAN Ty Nesiki..ie Ty Stinky. This guy earned a chance. Good for him.I thought he out played Knight and Ty,Steele.
He did...hope the Cowboys do him a favor and move him to Left tackle.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Alarcon will be a very good OT. he is big and strong enough, but i think just needs work on his footwork. Another year on the PS should help. I also thought he outplayed Steele, Nsekhe, and maybe even Knight. He should be able to supplant one of those guys next year. Just needs to be given a legit shot at it. He has a bigger upside than that trio.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
We can pretend he's really good again next camp.

Or you can comment on his drive blocking in the run game which is easy to see if you have any idea of what you are looking at.

Dude has NFL level strength. His footwork is coming along but he is not heavy footed. Whether he can put his foot/handwork, and recognition together is the big question.

It's really sad to see everyone having to look at things as either extreme of success or failure when in reality none of that actually exisits. Alarcon is an intriguing prospect at a position that takes years to develop. I am glad we can continue to watch him grow.

terra

Reaction score
Or you can comment on his drive blocking in the run game which is easy to see if you have any idea of what you are looking at.

Dude has NFL level strength. His footwork is coming along but he is not heavy footed. Whether he can put his foot/handwork, and recognition together is the big question.

It's really sad to see everyone having to look at things as either extreme of success or failure when in reality none of that actually exisits. Alarcon is an intriguing prospect at a position that takes years to develop. I am glad we can continue to watch him grow.
Yeah, sure. IF we are real lucky in a couple of years he might be a decent backup.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think we all figured this. I think he will be in this position with the team until he is no longer eligible for the IPP program. Then he will probably be cut.

I think he will make the team next year. I like what I saw from him this preseason. He needs a little work, but I think he looked good.

Flamma

Reaction score
Im gonna say it, HE IS BETTER THAN Ty Nesiki..ie Ty Stinky. This guy earned a chance. Good for him.I thought he out played Knight and Ty,Steele.

With Knight and Steele all we are missing is the horse. It's hard to believe he's not as good as them.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Well said

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah, sure. IF we are real lucky in a couple of years he might be a decent backup.

What are you talking about?

They played him in the first half of the first preseason game. IOW, he was playing against players likely to make a roster. He more than held his own. They ran middle iso right at him several times times and he blew up the DT each time. He is good moving up to the second level but struggles with his feet and finding angles when in space on screens and pulling. He is a nasty finisher. Likes to pancake and flop.

The team can and did use the roster exemption but the guy's ceiling is NFL starter.

plasticman

Reaction score
Alarcon helped the Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education win the Mexican College Football Championship. He helped the Mexican national team win the bronze medal at the Under-19 World Championship in China.

He was drafted by the Calgary Stampeders in the 3rd round of the 2021 CFL global draft.

Yeah......I didn't know any of that stuff existed either.

terra

Reaction score
What are you talking about?

They played him in the first half of the first preseason game. IOW, he was playing against players likely to make a roster. He more than held his own. They ran middle iso right at him several times times and he blew up the DT each time. He is good moving up to the second level but struggles with his feet and finding angles when in space on screens and pulling. He is a nasty finisher. Likes to pancake and flop.

The team can and did use the roster exemption but the guy's ceiling is NFL starter.
playing against players likely to make a roster. Well whoopie do. as long as he does not cost a roster spot then its fine to keep him around as a body. But to expect anything else is to wear bottle sized rose colored glasses.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
playing against players likely to make a roster. Well whoopie do. as long as he does not cost a roster spot then its fine to keep him around as a body. But to expect anything else is to wear bottle sized rose colored glasses.

For prospects the only place you can see them in live action is preseason games. He was given snaps against players that will play on Sundays and he did well.

You don't argue any of that and insist that I am just a homer. I hope you are being intentionally obtuse to the point I was making about extreme positions. I reject your paradigm.

Put another way, he outplayed Farniok at guard. Farniok is getting accolades for his work in the second halves of these games. Farniok is a good prospect for a late round pick. Alarcon is better.