It doesn't matter who's QB when your Def gives up an average 34 points a game

Blitzen

Reaction score
no it wont but we need to be ultra aggressive in FA,get two good DTs and not garbage ones like Poe

I would tend to still say multiple drafts. They need upgrades at one defensive end spot, both defensive tackles. Reliable (regarding availability) and better players at all linebacker spots, upgrades at both safety positions, and probably another 2 good corners.

Plus, they will need to strongly consider at least one more high end offensive tackle (think the team should consider moving on from Tyron), another guard/center, another tight end, a better backup running back, possibly another QB.

This team is a LOOOONG way from really competing in the NFC playoffs, unless everyone's starting QB gets injured along with several other starters.

blueblood70

Reaction score
the defense gave up about 20-24 not 34 they got 7 themselves two turnovers =13 points and the 4th and 16 that was punted had penalty called it back on ST =3 more..

better actually watch game before you hang bad tag on the defense..

Verdict

Reaction score
NY was averaging 16 points a game. Along comes Dal and let's them rack up 34. Really?

I don't care who's the QB, when this Def is the worst in NFL history.
Maybe a defense who gives up lots of points makes it more important who your QB is and how often he turns the ball over. I’m just sayin.

GMO415

Reaction score
Maybe a defense who gives up lots of points makes it more important who your QB is and how often he turns the ball over. I’m just sayin.
Red Rocket is known to do that, but in this system Moore can minimize it. If we had a decent DEF, Red could keep us in it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
NY was averaging 16 points a game. Along comes Dal and let's them rack up 34. Really?

Dalton is going to get killed behind our line. And no chance featuring Zeke are we going to run up 36 points a game and win many games.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Next man up. No excuses for the QB to not win games with these weapons. If Dalton can’t do it, put Nooch in.

I'm not looking for excuses for the QB, I also am intelligent enough to know that if your defense is giving up an avg of 34 points a game while your offense is avg 30 points a game that your problem is not at QB. A QB can do a lot to help his team win but what a QB can't do is control what happens on defense or special teams.

Swanny

Reaction score

It absolutely matters. This offense will now have to be a ball control offense. It will have to keep the defense off the field. Giving the opposing offense less possessions.

I don't care who your back up QB is. When you're QB goes down your team is screwed. Especially when the QB is paid a very large chunk of the salary cap.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm not looking for excuses for the QB, I also am intelligent enough to know that if your defense is giving up an avg of 34 points a game while your offense is avg 30 points a game that your problem is not at QB. A QB can do a lot to help his team win but what a QB can't do is control what happens on defense or special teams.
the defense gave up about 20-24 not 34 they got 7 themselves two turnovers =13 points and the 4th and 16 that was punted had penalty called it back on ST =3 more..

better actually watch game before you hang bad tag on the defense

the offense and ST plus some suspect coaching calls have accounted for far more points then what the defense in reality is giving up..i know they are playing poorly but not to extent this place has exaggerated it to be,,they arent good but the difference between to seahawks 5-0 with a equally bad defense is better play on offense and Sts ie less mistakes and better coaching decsions...

so again think a bit more deeply each game this season by us took bad turns with offense turning it over, st high risk play calling, causing short fields, easy points and more time spent on the field for the Defense..

its facts...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yep, the D has stunk.

Fortunelty, the defense will not always give up 34 ppg. They will improve.

And without 10 turnovers...a few resulting directly to TDs... it'd a lot less, btw.

Still, they need to turn it around. and hard to imagine that happening this week.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

better actually watch game before you hang bad tag on the defense

the offense and ST plus some suspect coaching calls have accounted for far more points then what the defense in reality is giving up..i know they are playing poorly but not to extent this place has exaggerated it to be,,they arent good but the difference between to seahawks 5-0 with a equally bad defense is better play on offense and Sts ie less mistakes and better coaching decsions...

so again think a bit more deeply each game this season by us took bad turns with offense turning it over, st high risk play calling, causing short fields, easy points and more time spent on the field for the Defense..

its facts...

I did I watched them play the Giants, not a power house offense by any stretch of the imagination. I also saw them go into a Cleveland game damn well knowing Cleveland was going to run the ball, (hell everyone knew) and yet Cleveland pounds out 300 yards rushing. You want to pretend this is a good defense be my guest but on the season we are actually giving up 36.5 points a game. I will say I saw some positives in this past game but again this was a giants offense that was very limited in terms of their ability as an offense. I will also agree offense has turned the ball over and defense did nothing in terms of slowing down these offenses.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I did I watched them play the Giants, not a power house offense by any stretch of the imagination. I also saw them go into a Cleveland game damn well knowing Cleveland was going to run the ball, (hell everyone knew) and yet Cleveland pounds out 300 yards rushing. You want to pretend this is a good defense be my guest but on the season we are actually giving up 36.5 points a game. I will say I saw some positives in this past game but again this was a giants offense that was very limited in terms of their ability as an offense. I will also agree offense has turned the ball over and defense did nothing in terms of slowing down these offenses.

the facts are i sated, all true say what you want but the defense was not responsible for anywhere close to 34 against the giants

the defense gave up about 20-24 not 34 they got 7 themselves two turnovers =13 points and the 4th and 16 that was punted had penalty called it back on ST =3 more

no one saying they are great at all, been playing poorly but the momentum, final score, and stat line doesnt belong solely to them.. it matters a lot all these mistakes made in the first half by the offense and ST, it sets the toe of the game starts the playing from behind etc

if you cant see that then whatever...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
the facts are i sated, all true say what you want but the defense was not responsible for anywhere close to 34 against the giants

the defense gave up about 20-24 not 34 they got 7 themselves two turnovers =13 points and the 4th and 16 that was punted had penalty called it back on ST =3 more

no one saying they are great at all, been playing poorly but the momentum, final score, and stat line doesnt belong solely to them.. it matters a lot all these mistakes made in the first half by the offense and ST, it sets the toe of the game starts the playing from behind etc

yes offense has made mistake and offense is also putting up over 30 points a game, defense has been awful and that is putting it mildly, we struggle against the run, we struggle against the pass? Believe me I would much rather praise them than to knock them

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

GMO--- i got to agree with you on that....maybe i am wrong but with Marinelli and one gap defense we had decent defenses every year....when Nolan came switching to two gap we went into toilet??

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

blue--- thanks for that view....i was putting it all on Nolan and bad defense...but failed to take into account turnovers at crucial times that can sway momentum of team too

GMO415

Reaction score
Dalton is going to get killed behind our line. And no chance featuring Zeke are we going to run up 36 points a game and win many games.
Moore's true offense is a timing one. It creates open WRs, TEs, and RBs. Dalton can run Moore's rue offense.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Next man up. No excuses for the QB to not win games with these weapons. If Dalton can’t do it, put Nooch in.

Dalton was throwing dimes sunday along with good touch..and that is without benefit of practicing with team all week...we had the best back up QB in NFL...my worry is our defense...can they keep us in games?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Moore's true offense is a timing one. It creates open WRs, TEs, and RBs. Dalton can run Moore's rue offense.

GMO..that is right...Dalton is no slouch...its not the QB position i am concerned about..its our defense....i am ready to eat my words if McCarthey can get Nolan to turn this defense around?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
lets not forget the easy 14 the offense once again gave up they lead the league in TOS, the offense putting the defense on quick turnaround short fields..wasnt one of those a pick 6?

good god the defense is bad but stop laying the entire 34 on them its 14 to the offense..sorry realistically they are givig ip 20-23 points game 27 ,ax if the offense stop handing it over to the other side at an alarming rate..

the D needs help they will run more TOP swing back our way rest the defense and stop turning it over!!

blue--- again i dig your reasoning