It doesn't matter who's QB when your Def gives up an average 34 points a game

Verdict

Reaction score
GMO..that is right...Dalton is no slouch...its not the QB position i am concerned about..its our defense....i am ready to eat my words if McCarthey can get Nolan to turn this defense around?
I would like to think we will see “some” improvement over time with this defense. And I refuse to believe that MM would bring in Nolan as a thank you and let Nolan ruin MMs career. He has to have some level of confidence in him.

Verdict

Reaction score
It's hilarious that people are here defending this historically bad defense. The offense had 2 turnovers which is a given 10 points. Let's not act like the giants still didn't drive up and down the field.
I don’t think I have seen anyone defending the defense, at all, but why pile on and blame them for things beyond their control? The offense has done them ZERO favors all year long. Let’s not pretend otherwise. That’s also fair game.

Verdict

Reaction score
I did I watched them play the Giants, not a power house offense by any stretch of the imagination. I also saw them go into a Cleveland game damn well knowing Cleveland was going to run the ball, (hell everyone knew) and yet Cleveland pounds out 300 yards rushing. You want to pretend this is a good defense be my guest but on the season we are actually giving up 36.5 points a game. I will say I saw some positives in this past game but again this was a giants offense that was very limited in terms of their ability as an offense. I will also agree offense has turned the ball over and defense did nothing in terms of slowing down these offenses.
Cleveland is also 4 and 1. Let’s not ignore that fact either.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would like to think we will see “some” improvement over time with this defense. And I refuse to believe that MM would bring in Nolan as a thank you and let Nolan ruin MMs career. He has to have some level of confidence in him.

now that i think about it....i cannot say i disagree...but its faith in the wisdom of MM i am going on...at this point only got a small mustard seed amount of faith ..but bible says that can move mountains?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don’t think I have seen anyone defending the defense, at all, but why pile on and blame them for things beyond their control? The offense has done them ZERO favors all year long. Let’s not pretend otherwise. That’s also fair game.
The defense hasn't done the offense favors in years. That first giants drive is the cowboys defense.

Dre11

Reaction score
It's going to take multiple drafts to fix this Def.

but it doesn't have to. there are and were players out there to be had. you could've bit the bullet and traded for Adams, I think you could still upgrade with a voidable contract with ET, could've made a play for Clowney, could've kept Byron, could've made the trade for an Ndakue, there's still a cheap Eric Reid out there, could've went cheap with Logan Ryan, could've brought in Snacks, there were others as well. A couple of those moves would've probably been better for this defense than POE , McCoy, Ha Ha, All of those players were playing at higher levels that the 3 we brought in. Griffin is the only one that was one close to those levels.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Yeah you’re absolutely right.

either the defense turns things around and starts playing significantly better. Preferably, they start to force turnovers consistently.

or this season is sunk. And that too would be the case with Dak or Dalton at QB.

Or Maholmes, Prime Arron Rogers, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman...........................Joe Namath.........................Payton Manning.........................Yall get the point.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
your brain cells are limited bud..not an excuse, defense still bad , you read English, ive said that..

im saying its not as bad as it appears if you look deeper..you are obviously inept at more then football iq..ok bud!?

no not 27 that fg i keep telling you about was given up by the ST penalty , period so we are down to 24 but hey i guess its no different as you see Seattle's horrid defense do the same things but they are 5-0 its all the same , right? no football IQ says the offense, coaching , and ST are not making the same mistakes as ours..thats the GD difference you are too blind to see..SMH what a tool..

ive said every response the defense is still bad but the historically bad is overblown IF you have the common sense to look deeper..

your insistence that the defensive incompetency is on offense is nothing short idiocy and amusing...

blueblood70

Reaction score
THANK YOU

SOMEONE WITH COMMON SENSE

:thumbup::yourock: