It doesn't matter who's QB when your Def gives up an average 34 points a game

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It's hilarious that people are here defending this historically bad defense. The offense had 2 turnovers which is a given 10 points. Let's not act like the giants still didn't drive up and down the field.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
NY was averaging 16 points a game. Along comes Dal and let's them rack up 34. Really?

I don't care who's the QB, when this Def is the worst in NFL history.
not according to Dak detractors....its all Dak's fault.....when we don't score for a quarter and fall behind and have to play catch up...that's on Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah, the defense is not playing well. But your numbers are not fair to the defense concerning points.
The offense gave the Giants at least 10 and likely 14 points with turnovers. The offense gave the Falcons 17 points off turnovers if I remember correctly. Not sure how many points Seahawks and Browns got off turnovers.
how does that compare to other teams in the league and their records and how their defenses react when an offensive turnover happens. we act as if turnovers are only in Dallas.....its football. part of football.

I find it amusing that we want to lay blame on offense for defensive woes, when they gave up over a 100 yards rushing every game and gave up 300 to browns. what's the excuse for that pathetic performance.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
the defense gave up about 20-24 not 34 they got 7 themselves two turnovers =13 points and the 4th and 16 that was punted had penalty called it back on ST =3 more..

better actually watch game before you hang bad tag on the defense..
:huh:

no matter how you slice and dice it....defense gave up 34......and why are you discounting the 3 points? it should have been 7 for all intent and purposes. and lets not forget this defense went against the 31st worst offense in the league....not exactly anything to crow about this defense...they still sucked.

GMO415

Reaction score

no matter how you slice and dice it....defense gave up 34......and why are you discounting the 3 points? it should have been 7 for all intent and purposes. and lets not forget this defense went against the 31st worst offense in the league....not exactly anything to crow about this defense...they still sucked.
Six weeks in. We know this Def is garbage.

blueblood70

Reaction score

no they didnt the offense had pick 6, that 7 points so now we are at what 27 add in another 3-7 on the fumble snapped and 3 points that was punt was on STS that put it back to 4th and shorter and they came in and kicked fg thats 3 on ST not the defense..

get it?
can you not do math thats takes us to about 21 points actually given up by the defense..mistakes by the offense and Sts added on to the score ..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Six weeks in. We know this Def is garbage.
pof course the defense is bad so? that doesnt change the point that we would have beat the giants by 17 and not have to have a GW drive at the end due to mistakes made by the offense and St as it was against SEA, ATL , and the browns far too many mistakes leading into quicks change short field defense and loss of momentum and TOP..

it matters a ton its why seatles garbage defense hasn't changed the 5-0 record because their offense and ST are making the same mistakes ours are..add is some poor coaching decsions and the refs it why we are 2-3 and they are 5-0 they have garbage defense , lest not mince words..

some of us can see the forest through the trees and others can not, some of you like to see only what your narrative likes to see and get on the defense is garbage and only reason we are losing is the defense
WRONG..defense is bad but other factors have gone into losing or giving up points

Proof

Reaction score
He does that there should be an emergency meeting at midfield after the game

he put up nearly 300 and 70 on a much stouter WAS defense. Not out of the realm of possibilities

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
no they didnt the offense had pick 6, that 7 points so now we are at what 27 add in another 3-7 on the fumble snapped and 3 points that was punt was on STS that put it back to 4th and shorter and they came in and kicked fg thats 3 on ST not the defense..

get it?
can you not do math thats takes us to about 21 points actually given up by the defense..mistakes by the offense and Sts added on to the score ..
I don't you get it. the pick 6, was the offense...but 27 points were given up by the defense when they were on the field. but you want to write an excuse ...that's a fallacy that some try to cling to.....

seems like you want to write up an excuse for any defensive effort of actually stopping the other team if it wasn't after a kick off or punt....turnovers happen. Bills have 8 turnovers....cardinals have 7, raiders have 7, patriots have 7....guess how their defenses did?

this defense sucks. has nothing to do with offense. they have given up 100 yards rushing yards regularly and in fact are 28th in rush defense. 28th worst over all. and the only reason they moved up was playing against the worst offense in the league...

so, continue to write your excuses for defense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't you get it. the pick 6, was the offense...but 27 points were given up by the defense when they were on the field. but you want to write an excuse ...that's a fallacy that some try to cling to.....

seems like you want to write up an excuse for any defensive effort of actually stopping the other team if it wasn't after a kick off or punt....turnovers happen. Bills have 8 turnovers....cardinals have 7, raiders have 7, patriots have 7....guess how their defenses did?

this defense sucks. has nothing to do with offense. they have given up 100 yards rushing yards regularly and in fact are 28th in rush defense. 28th worst over all. and the only reason they moved up was playing against the worst offense in the league...

so, continue to write your excuses for defense.

no it wasn't the defense stopped the giants on 3-16 and forced punt ON 4TH AND 16 ,ST got penalty that brought the ball closer and they came in and kicked FG that 3 points, they set up the Giants in easy short field again with *****ed center exchange, the 3 fgs made all over 50 not exactly bad defense just great leg..AND THEY ADDED 7 POITNTS TO THE COWBOYS SCORE WITH TD OF THEIR OWN..

so lease stop the narrative as you cant see how momentum, short field postion, quicks turn Around and TOP effect the final scores..

the OFFESNE AND STS NEED TO STOP CREATING MORE PROBLEMS FOR THE DFESNE AND THIS AT LEAST CALMS DOWN SOME..

conner01

Reaction score
NY was averaging 16 points a game. Along comes Dal and let's them rack up 34. Really?

I don't care who's the QB, when this Def is the worst in NFL history.
That’s the issue
You can’t expect any QB, let alone your backup to top 34 points each week just to be in the game

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
how does that compare to other teams in the league and their records and how their defenses react when an offensive turnover happens. we act as if turnovers are only in Dallas.....its football. part of football.

I find it amusing that we want to lay blame on offense for defensive woes, when they gave up over a 100 yards rushing every game and gave up 300 to browns. what's the excuse for that pathetic performance.

Teams on the short end of the turnover battle usually lose the war. I fault the offense for turning the ball over and the defense for not getting turnovers. Both are at fault. Offense has to not turn the ball over. When a defense is not playing well the offense cannot turn the ball over.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the TITLE OF THIS THREAD says it all 100% spot on. We are a sieve on Defense.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
no it wasn't the defense stopped the giants on 3-16 and forced punt ON 4TH AND 16 ,ST got penalty that brought the ball closer and they came in and kicked FG that 3 points, they set up the Giants in easy short field again with *****ed center exchange, the 3 fgs made all over 50 not exactly bad defense just great leg..AND THEY ADDED 7 POITNTS TO THE COWBOYS SCORE WITH TD OF THEIR OWN..

so lease stop the narrative as you cant see how momentum, short field postion, quicks turn Around and TOP effect the final scores..

the OFFESNE AND STS NEED TO STOP CREATING MORE PROBLEMS FOR THE DFESNE AND THIS AT LEAST CALMS DOWN SOME..
sorry, all I read was a long spin of excuses on why the defense doesn't suck and its all offenses fault...its absurdly ridiculous and sounds like the expectations from the offense is to be PERFECT....show me a perfect offense.....with no turnovers.

in the meantime....27 points given up while defensive players were on the field...no matter how you cut it....and that to the 31st ranked offense in the league

the offense scored 30 points....and yet you blame the defensive ineptitude on the offense...

I suppose it was the offenses fault for giving up 300+ yards rushing to the browns....

your understanding of NFL football is quite limited.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Teams on the short end of the turnover battle usually lose the war. I fault the offense for turning the ball over and the defense for not getting turnovers. Both are at fault. Offense has to not turn the ball over. When a defense is not playing well the offense cannot turn the ball over.
oh, I can't agree more....not sure what's up with Zeke but he has the fumbleitis lately...

and I think partially, the offense feels the same. this defense is inept. the pressure is on them to score and score a lot and press. that leads to aggressive game plans and turnovers......

blueblood70

Reaction score
sorry, all I read was a long spin of excuses on why the defense doesn't suck and its all offenses fault...its absurdly ridiculous and sounds like the expectations from the offense is to be PERFECT....show me a perfect offense.....with no turnovers.

in the meantime....27 points given up while defensive players were on the field...no matter how you cut it....and that to the 31st ranked offense in the league

the offense scored 30 points....and yet you blame the defensive ineptitude on the offense...

I suppose it was the offenses fault for giving up 300+ yards rushing to the browns....

your understanding of NFL football is quite limited.
your brain cells are limited bud..not an excuse, defense still bad , you read English, ive said that..

im saying its not as bad as it appears if you look deeper..you are obviously inept at more then football iq..ok bud!?

no not 27 that fg i keep telling you about was given up by the ST penalty , period so we are down to 24 but hey i guess its no different as you see Seattle's horrid defense do the same things but they are 5-0 its all the same , right? no football IQ says the offense, coaching , and ST are not making the same mistakes as ours..thats the GD difference you are too blind to see..SMH what a tool..

ive said every response the defense is still bad but the historically bad is overblown IF you have the common sense to look deeper..

Flamma

Reaction score
2 turnovers are responsible for nearly 14 of that.
And they scored 7 themselves.

That's a net of a little over 13.

Don't forget the 12 men on the field penalty that gave them 3 points.