It has to be asked because it's definitely possible

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Dak isn't going out unless he can't play. If Dak is struggling for 3 Q's there's a chance he'll probably comeback in the 4th. I trust him. Now if we're up 42-13 in the 4th Q, sure go ahead, give Romo some playoff time. :)

Coy

Reaction score
If the game is within 7-10 points, no way Dak gets pulled, although he played like trash against the Giants (2nd game) I don't think he gets pulled if it's the same kind of game.
I could actually see it againts GB or Atl, if they score 2-3 quick Td's, we arent running the ball well and we need to catch up, that's when you need Tony, who is without a doubt a better passer than Dak.

Htown-Cowboy

Reaction score
What If... The Dallas Cowboys started out 1-5 and waited for Romo to heal? Would we even have made the playoffs to be having this debate???????:facepalm:

"Have you idiots not learned your lesson? TONY ROMO IS HIGH RISK HIGH REWARD. Take the Denver game a couple years ago as an example, yeah he gave us 506 yards and 3TDS but he also threw a game ending pick with 2:00 left. Dak is methodical, calculated and protective of the ball. He's LOW RISK HIGH REWARD. Its posts like this that makes people hate Cowboy fans. We got a rookie QB balling out winning 13 games yet we got idiot fans and sports writers looking in the past. Unbelievable!"

Last edited:

jamesdojr

Reaction score
Well I like the idea of doing that, I suggest that in another thread, but JG wont do that.

And it is possible if they did, then tony throws a pick 6 or is sacked and fumbles, which leads to easy td, so
you cant just assume Tony would be mr perfect, it could be good or bad.

Anything is possible. It's possible Dak does the same thing. But when healthy, Tony is so talented, you can depend on good happening more often than bad.

And yes, Jason won't do it. It's too creative and "out of the box".

Jason really has seemed to turn his back on Romo. They seemed to be really close for a long time - almost like really good friends. You'd think Jason would implement him into the game plan as a player who is talented and the RKG like he always said Tony was.

haleyrules

Reaction score
First of all we wouldn't be in this position without Dak. It would have been another wasted season with Romo's injury.

Dak has saved us in every way a QB can save a team while leading us to the #1 seed. He's passed all the test . There's no turning back.

This is his season to win or lose.There's not a situation where we'd bring Romo in barring an injury .

The Romo era is over in Dallas.End of story.
Absolutely correct and even ole Jerry knows it.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
yes but they dont make the decision , JG does, and he has another 10 years or more to get his ring.
Given the way Jerry has treated him this far for just a so-so performance, he might get a lifetime contract after he collects Coach of the Year.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If we have to suffer through your misspelling of 3rd grade level words, you can suffer through a few speculative threads concerning the QB situation in Dallas.
I really don't care how I SPELL anything, my point was made. Your boy toy won't start OR come in. Period......................................

tyke1doe

Reaction score
First of all we wouldn't be in this position without Dak. It would have been another wasted season with Romo's injury.

Dak has saved us in every way a QB can save a team while leading us to the #1 seed. He's passed all the test . There's no turning back.

This is his season to win or lose.There's not a situation where we'd bring Romo in barring an injury .

The Romo era is over in Dallas.End of story.

Was it you that I bet that if Romo returns as starter I would put as my signature, "Diehardblues is my daddy" and if Romo didn't return as the starter you would put in your signature, "Tyke1doe is my daddy"?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Anything is possible. It's possible Dak does the same thing. But when healthy, Tony is so talented, you can depend on good happening more often than bad.

And yes, Jason won't do it. It's too creative and "out of the box".

Jason really has seemed to turn his back on Romo. They seemed to be really close for a long time - almost like really good friends. You'd think Jason would implement him into the game plan as a player who is talented and the RKG like he always said Tony was.

Considering how Garrett has a history of being reactionary to criticism he receives, I wouldn't be surprised if a big part of him wants to show he can be successful without Romo after the embarrassment of 2015.

DFWJC

Reaction score
What If... The Dallas Cowboys started out 1-5 and waited for Romo to heal? Would we even have made the playoffs to be having this debate???????:facepalm:

"Have you idiots not learned your lesson? TONY ROMO IS HIGH RISK HIGH REWARD. Take the Denver game a couple years ago as an example, yeah he gave us 506 yards and 3TDS but he also threw a game ending pick with 2:00 left. Dak is methodical, calculated and protective of the ball. He's LOW RISK HIGH REWARD. Its posts like this that makes people hate Cowboy fans. We got a rookie QB balling out winning 13 games yet we got idiot fans and sports writers looking in the past. Unbelievable!"
Did you just use a game where Dallas had 49 points, 5 TDs passes and only 1 turnover and 1 punt all game....as a BAD example of Romo? Or was a quote from some massive tard trying to say that, and not you.
Dallas loses that game by 2-4 TDs with most orher QBs

rags747

Reaction score
I really don't care how I SPELL anything, my point was made. Your boy toy won't start OR come in. Period......................................
And your boy toy better come ready to play

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Considering how Garrett has a history of being reactionary to criticism he receives, I wouldn't be surprised if a big part of him wants to show he can be successful without Romo after the embarrassment of 2015.
good point, and also he is smart enough to see another younger coattail he can ride on.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Did you just use a game where Dallas had 49 points, 5 TDs passes and only 1 turnover and 1 punt all game....as a BAD example of Romo? Or was a quote from some massive tard trying to say that, and not you.
Dallas loses that game by 2-4 TDs with most orher QBs
Actually that is a good game, also the detroit game, and some others where tony put up a lot of points and still lost, and the defense
took the blame.

Tony rarely had long time consuming drives, till 2014, and he tried to win games by just outscoring the other team.
With Dak it has been more of a TOP game where each team gets less possessions, and that and the long drives helped the defense.

Scoring quickly is almost like a 3 and out where defense has to go back out too quickly.

The denver game became a scoring contest, and tony was close, but lost that contest.