It is crazy Green Bay let Aaron Jones go; crazier we did not go all out for him

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Remember? Aaron is the one who gashed and confused our vaunted defence in our annual 1 and done in the playoffs.
In me pig iron fantasies I envisioned Jones giving the inept Dak another weapon besides Dak's new love, Fergie.

Now Jones will be helping the Vikes and eviscerating our defence in the next playoffs.

Jerald, what was wrong with Aaron Jones in this era where Sequel Elliott is a possibility???

But noooooo, chaps, we like our 3 yards and a cloud of rust.

Hollah

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen simply aren't bold enough, not proactive enough, to pay big bucks for a RB when they can't decide what to do with Dak. Apparently, they're too afraid of spending more than they're comfortable with to keep Dak, much less than to spend more than what a much cheaper RB draft pick would settle for. They're, evidently, more concerned with money than they are for benefitting their team. It's a sticky wicket.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Anyone that can help us we don't want!! If he wasn't interested in 3 million or less, we just didn't want him! It's his fault he wants so much money Iol

JBS

Reaction score
I can only imagine how many super bowls we would have won last year with the 2 snaps Rodger’s played last season

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I can only imagine how many super bowls we would have won last year with the 2 snaps Rodger’s played last season
I was about to say something, don't want to make this a JAK thread!!!

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Not sure if everyone has got the memo: Dallas is going to go through the draft and then whatever positions they don't feel they have covered, they will spend vet minimum contracts on to fill out the roster.

The team really doesn't seem to have any interest in going for it in 2024. They are pretty much the opposite of "all in". They already folded on the 2024 season.

Big_D

Reaction score
Not the worry, they’re going to bring Zeke back!

CWR

Reaction score
Remember? Aaron is the one who gashed and confused our vaunted defence in our annual 1 and done in the playoffs.
In me pig iron fantasies I envisioned Jones giving the inept Dak another weapon besides Dak's new love, Fergie.

Now Jones will be helping the Vikes and eviscerating our defence in the next playoffs.

Jerald, what was wrong with Aaron Jones in this era where Sequel Elliott is a possibility???

Hollah
Yeah, we made zero effort. I wonder if MM even broached the subject with Jerry or if he just stays in his lane and keeps his cowardly mouth shut. These coaches are just as guilty as the FO for being complicit with this garbage.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Not sure if everyone has got the memo: Dallas is going to go through the draft and then whatever positions they don't feel they have covered, they will spend vet minimum contracts on to fill out the roster.

The team really doesn't seem to have any interest in going for it in 2024. They are pretty much the opposite of "all in". They already folded on the 2024 season.
This was evident after the Green Bay disaster. As soon as you saw Jerry going into the locker room, 2024 was over for us. Jerry only goes into the locker room to look in the shower and give pep talks. That he could do anything but get to his choppa and try not to jump out of it after that embarrassment on the field, told us he just didn't care. At that point I knew he was going to run it all back.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Hollah
I get the fascination. but he hasn't done squat in 15 years. he is 4-4 since 2017. 0-2 in the past two.
also financially that wouldn't be possible. its the bed Jerry made. he couldn't have two QBs paying them that much. and couldn't cut Dak.

also, people forget, players don't necessarily want to come to dallas. you think we know about Jerry. Players know more. they are in the circle. they talk. their agents talk. owners talk. nobody goes to Dallas to win a championship. they go to dallas to make one last money

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wow, another we are doomed because we did not sign this player or that player day.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's not crazy. Not at all. It was smart planning on their part. They drafted his replacement, gave him more years to sit and learn than what I would have wanted and they traded Rogers at a good time. Love won a couple playoff games in his first year starting, Rogers got hurt tripping over his own feet. Pretty sure GB is the winner of that trade.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Aaron Jones was a perfect fit. Imagine him gashing teams in a Dallas uniform. :omg:

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
When you have a franchise QB, the other parts become expendable. We can't relate...

Jayinem

Reaction score
It's not crazy. Not at all. It was smart planning on their part. They drafted his replacement, gave him more years to sit and learn than what I would have wanted and they traded Rogers at a good time. Love won a couple playoff games in his first year starting, Rogers got hurt tripping over his own feet. Pretty sure GB is the winner of that trade.
He won 1 playoff game.