It is crazy Green Bay let Aaron Jones go; crazier we did not go all out for him

Rayman70

Reaction score
If we find a true every down back in the draft, its a game changer. We can grind out wins by running it more and keep the suspect d off the field. Same thing we did in 2014 and 2016.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Jones is 29 years old and missed half the season. Love Aaron Jones the player but it’s gambling to expect him to be a full time RB1 this season.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I get the fascination. but he hasn't done squat in 15 years. he is 4-4 since 2017. 0-2 in the past two.
also financially that wouldn't be possible. its the bed Jerry made. he couldn't have two QBs paying them that much. and couldn't cut Dak.

also, people forget, players don't necessarily want to come to dallas. you think we know about Jerry. Players know more. they are in the circle. they talk. their agents talk. owners talk. nobody goes to Dallas to win a championship. they go to dallas to make one last money
Quite.
It would be nice if some would get the names and positions correct.
Aaron Jones. Not Aaron Rogers.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Remember? Aaron is the one who gashed and confused our vaunted defence in our annual 1 and done in the playoffs.
In me pig iron fantasies I envisioned Jones giving the inept Dak another weapon besides Dak's new love, Fergie.

Now Jones will be helping the Vikes and eviscerating our defence in the next playoffs.

Jerald, what was wrong with Aaron Jones in this era where Sequel Elliott is a possibility???

But noooooo, chaps, we like our 3 yards and a cloud of rust.

Hollah
Aaron Jones will turn 30 during the season.

Of all the boneheaded things Jerruh and his idiot son Fredo have done, NOT "going all out" for a 30 year old running back is not one of them.

rambo2

Reaction score
wow, another we are doomed because we did not sign this player or that player day.
We certainly aren't doomed. Some of our new players are going to be good and we don't even know who they will be. We have no idea how our lines on both sides will be, but we do have outstanding players in Z. Martin, Tyler Smith, Parsons, and Tank. Maybe Zimmer can get good play out of M. Smith and Osa inside and get good play from Overshown and Kendricks.

I suspect that they will get some good players out of the draft and should get something out of their 2nd year men. It will be interesting who they end up drafting. I don't think anything is set in stone. We need to hit on the 1st 3 picks and they very well could.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
We certainly aren't doomed. Some of our new players are going to be good and we don't even know who they will be. We have no idea how our lines on both sides will be, but we do have outstanding players in Z. Martin, Tyler Smith, Parsons, and Tank. Maybe Zimmer can get good play out of M. Smith and Osa inside and get good play from Overshown and Kendricks.

I suspect that they will get some good players out of the draft and should get something out of their 2nd year men. It will be interesting who they end up drafting. I don't think anything is set in stone. We need to hit on the 1st 3 picks and they very well could.
What if the Giants, Eagles and Commanders “get some good players out of the draft” and “get something out of their 2nd year men”? Taking one step forward only to take one step back is not how you gain competitiveness. And all of those teams have been aggressive signing players to at least cover guys they lost in free agency. Cowboys steps forward are asking Mazi to gain weight and flirting with bringing back a worn out Elliott.

ICP

Reaction score
You should be happy they did anything at all

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Aaron Jones will turn 30 during the season.

Of all the boneheaded things Jerruh and his idiot son Fredo have done, NOT "going all out" for a 30 year old running back is not one of them.
Yet that 29 year old took away our lunch money and launched The Pack to a 27-0 lead last we played.
Let me guess, you are holding out hope for Sequel Elliott.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
wow, another we are doomed because we did not sign this player or that player day.
I know. Your heart belongs to Sequel Elliott.
I just don't know, old fellow, you've not been yourself since I sent you "Kenny G at the Acropolis" and "Kenny G Does Branson."

links18

Reaction score
Remember? Aaron is the one who gashed and confused our vaunted defence in our annual 1 and done in the playoffs.
In me pig iron fantasies I envisioned Jones giving the inept Dak another weapon besides Dak's new love, Fergie.

Now Jones will be helping the Vikes and eviscerating our defence in the next playoffs.

Jerald, what was wrong with Aaron Jones in this era where Sequel Elliott is a possibility???

Hollah
Dude, you know we are tanking, right?

Jayinem

Reaction score
I thought they had to play in the wild card round too but maybe they didn't
Our game against them was the Wild card game, they beat us then lost to San Francisco in the Divisional Round.

rambo2

Reaction score
What if the Giants, Eagles and Commanders “get some good players out of the draft” and “get something out of their 2nd year men”? Taking one step forward only to take one step back is not how you gain competitiveness. And all of those teams have been aggressive signing players to at least cover guys they lost in free agency. Cowboys steps forward are asking Mazi to gain weight and flirting with bringing back a worn out Elliott.
The Giants and Washington still will be way below the Cowboys.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure about 60 percent of Aaron Jones' career highlights will be his games against the Cowboys.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We didn’t want to pay an aging back that’s accumulated mileage. Jones is going to be 30.

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
I think RB is the easiest position to fill, and a rb by committee isn't really a bad thing. Unfortunately for the cowboys, they have more needs than draft picks.

They need to trade back, maybe into the 2nd round where carolina may get excited about a player and jump into the 1st round, giving dallas an extra 3rd.

There should be a good rb for dallas in the 3rd, but they may need to use a 2nd round pick to make sure they are getting a steven jackson instead of waiting too long and settling for a julius jones.

I'm sure there will be guys available during/after the draft for trade, just like the eagles did for swift last year. But I really don't see dallas being aggressive enough to do that.

RonWashington

Reaction score

Hollah

You think playoffs vs Vikings ? I’ll have what you’re drinking .