It is crazy Green Bay let Aaron Jones go; crazier we did not go all out for him

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Not sure if everyone has got the memo: Dallas is going to go through the draft and then whatever positions they don't feel they have covered, they will spend vet minimum contracts on to fill out the roster.

The team really doesn't seem to have any interest in going for it in 2024. They are pretty much the opposite of "all in". They already folded on the 2024 season.
That is nothing but the truth , tremendous front office we have.A day late and a dollar short ,sad stuff.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Remember? Aaron is the one who gashed and confused our vaunted defence in our annual 1 and done in the playoffs.
In me pig iron fantasies I envisioned Jones giving the inept Dak another weapon besides Dak's new love, Fergie.

Now Jones will be helping the Vikes and eviscerating our defence in the next playoffs.

Jerald, what was wrong with Aaron Jones in this era where Sequel Elliott is a possibility???

But noooooo, chaps, we like our 3 yards and a cloud of rust.

Hollah
No.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The Giants and Washington still will be way below the Cowboys.
Way, way below. New Yawk and Washington are non factors, me jungle fighter.

But in 2024, beware the Eagles (twice) the Bucs, Ravens, Bengals and Texans (at home).
Oh, also the 49ers and Browns on the road. Brutal schedule for a team depleted by doing little in FA.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Yet that 29 year old took away our lunch money and launched The Pack to a 27-0 lead last we played.
Let me guess, you are holding out hope for Sequel Elliott.
No. Elliot is worse than Jones.

Our RBs suck. But chasing a bad idea to solve a problem isn't the answer.

I'd rather sign nobody, and just quicken the demolition of this team, than making more of the same bad decisions that got us here in the 1st place.

rambo2

Reaction score
No. Elliot is worse than Jones.

Our RBs suck. But chasing a bad idea to solve a problem isn't the answer.

I'd rather sign nobody, and just quicken the demolition of this team, than making more of the same bad decisions that got us here in the 1st place.
A one year deal on a vet minimum isn't a bad idea.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Remember? Aaron is the one who gashed and confused our vaunted defence in our annual 1 and done in the playoffs.
In me pig iron fantasies I envisioned Jones giving the inept Dak another weapon besides Dak's new love, Fergie.

Now Jones will be helping the Vikes and eviscerating our defence in the next playoffs.

Jerald, what was wrong with Aaron Jones in this era where Sequel Elliott is a possibility???

Hollah
I heard rumors that Zeke will be signing for 3 years 30 million dollars. If thats the case Im no longer can root for this team.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I can only imagine how many super bowls we would have won last year with the 2 snaps Rodger’s played last season
You are assuming that the same thing would have happened had Rodgers signed with Dallas instead.

Do you also happen to have the latest powerball lotto numbers?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Who cares? Players have career days against us all the time, and we aren't signing anyone who won't play for more than $50, anyway.
Players show up bigtime against the Cowboys on the reg because it's the Cowboys and they know the whole world will be watching. I would not have minded going after Jones though.. He's a quality runner and receiver.. but he's never been asked to be "the guy." 236 carries has been his career high. Then again in the modern NFL that's about right for a 1A/1B situation which is what the Cowboys want to have. Still I think his age (29) and missing 10 games last season might have scared a lot of teams away. The Cowboys included.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Aaron Jones @ MIN: 1 year, $7,000,000 (Avg $7,000,000/yr)
Tony Pollard @ TEN: 3 year, $21,750,000 (Avg $7.250,000/yr)

I can understand not wanting to sign Pollard to a 3 year deal, but not jumping at the chance to get Jones on a 1 or 2 year deal at $7M is nuts.

That's between James Conner and Miles Sanders. And he's better than both.

Big D

Reaction score
He started out the season hot with 3 100+ rushing yard games but after that he fell off a cliff and was worse the T Pollard, that is, until he played us in the playoffs.
ehgI9ZK.png

We might survive without him.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He started out the season hot with 3 100+ rushing yard games but after that he fell off a cliff and was worse the T Pollard, that is, until he played us in the playoffs.
ehgI9ZK.png

We might survive without him.
I think you're reading Jones' game log upside down. The three 100 yard games were at the end of the season not the beginning. He started out the season by getting hurt.. missing a couple of games, rushing back and playing hurt and then missing more games. Once he came back from the second stint on IR he was pretty much his old self production wise.

BigD_95

Reaction score

Hollah

I agree. He should have been a top priority