It is crazy Green Bay let Aaron Jones go; crazier we did not go all out for him

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Remember? Aaron is the one who gashed and confused our vaunted defence in our annual 1 and done in the playoffs.
In me pig iron fantasies I envisioned Jones giving the inept Dak another weapon besides Dak's new love, Fergie.

Now Jones will be helping the Vikes and eviscerating our defence in the next playoffs.

Jerald, what was wrong with Aaron Jones in this era where Sequel Elliott is a possibility???

But noooooo, chaps, we like our 3 yards and a cloud of rust.

Hollah
Aaron Jones has OWNED AT&T Stadium going 3-0

He's 4-0 career vs Dallas: 83carries, 488yds (5.8y/r), 9 TDs

Big D

Reaction score
I think you're reading Jones' game log upside down. The three 100 yard games were at the end of the season not the beginning. He started out the season by getting hurt.. missing a couple of games, rushing back and playing hurt and then missing more games. Once he came back from the second stint on IR he was pretty much his old self production wise.
If that is the case then I don't feel as bad about him gashing us. :laugh:.
I still think we'll be ok though.

Big D

Reaction score
Players show up bigtime against the Cowboys on the reg because it's the Cowboys and they know the whole world will be watching. I would not have minded going after Jones though.. He's a quality runner and receiver.. but he's never been asked to be "the guy." 236 carries has been his career high. Then again in the modern NFL that's about right for a 1A/1B situation which is what the Cowboys want to have. Still I think his age (29) and missing 10 games last season might have scared a lot of teams away. The Cowboys included.
And their coaches know we like to play with a lead and rush the qb. They switch up on us. Amazing that opposing coaches can adjust but we get stuck and can't seem to switch gears when plan A doesn't work.

Bagman

Reaction score
Yeah, we made zero effort. I wonder if MM even broached the subject with Jerry or if he just stays in his lane and keeps his cowardly mouth shut. These coaches are just as guilty as the FO for being complicit with this garbage.
Agree 100% At some point you have to grow a pair, look the Jones' in the eye, and say get me some damn players. Jerry is already on record saying he doesn't like to fire people and pay them for nothing. McCarthy should really rip into Jerry and Stephen. He's got nothing to lose.

Reactions: CWR