It is lucrative to be a cowboys QB

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MWH1967, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

19,094 Messages
    23,319 Likes Received
    Dak is unlikely to win anything in excess of a division title, at best, with the defense being such a weak link. Whatever contract he's able to be granted by Dallas remains to be seen. He surely is getting some lucrative deals from the Cowboys' sponsors, though. He needs to be practical by leaving his team sufficient funds to improve their defense enough to compete above a mediocre level. Otherwise, it will most likely invite more of the same results.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    john van brocklin likes this.
  2. Motorola

Motorola Well-Known Member

1,720 Messages
    1,232 Likes Received
    2016 NFL season: the New England Patriots had the best record in the league at 14-2.

3. Motorola

Motorola Well-Known Member

1,720 Messages
    1,232 Likes Received
    Troy and Tony are well on their way to amassing great wealth.
    Aikman will be starting his third decade as FOX Sports lead NFL broadcast analyst this fall, and Tony will be entering his 5th year in the equivalent role for CBS Sports. Both have endorsement deals on multiple levels (local, regional, national).

MWH1967 and Rayman70 like this.
  4. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

20,881 Messages
    21,095 Likes Received
    If you don’t understand the business of money it is best to be quiet

5. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

9,427 Messages
    5,910 Likes Received
    This!!!!!

Bullflop likes this.
  6. Garddog

Garddog Member

32 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    If what I say doesn't jive with your narrative is what you mean.

All the factors I listed are why people with a decent amount of money got rich around Dallas. A name might get you a meeting, but cold hard cash is what drives business. No one is giving anyone deals in the real world of business because they are a fanboy!

7. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

25,003 Messages
    21,504 Likes Received
    Not if you're a cokehead and ruin your own career. LOL

8. MWH1967

MWH1967 Boys#1 95

4,272 Messages
    5,402 Likes Received
    . "A name might get you a meeting" that along with a name for good business. Now we are on to something. Not every transaction has to be out of the park as long as its flowing.

I closed 3 deals last week because.

1. They know someone i have worked with in the past for many years.

2. They understand if something not right i will correct it within reason.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    Techsass likes this.
  9. Garddog

Garddog Member

32 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Number 2 drives 1 and reputation in how you handle your business is by far bigger than anything that made you famous or known before.

10. MWH1967

MWH1967 Boys#1 95

4,272 Messages
    5,402 Likes Received
    You are just not going to give up the ghost here. I can respect that but, "Captain America" opened many doors that otherwise would have been a maybe to NO.

Its that simple. I appreciated your take we will just agree to disagree.

11. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

6,883 Messages
    6,987 Likes Received
    The current players looked at Roger's success, and all have brands now to monetize being a Cowboy...play on the field be damned. :grin:

12. Loso86

Loso86 Well-Known Member

1,653 Messages
    1,415 Likes Received
    And I get the whole get all the money you deserve thing. But just dont complain like russell Wilson is about not having a good oline or complain about no targets.

13. Loso86

Loso86 Well-Known Member

1,653 Messages
    1,415 Likes Received
    I do think hes top 10. But he has to know if he drains for every penny he should never complain about not having enough talent or the D isn't good or he gets sacked to much like Wilson.. leave a little for your (brother) to eat too. I would feel bad if I made 50 plus mil in sponsorships a year and 35 plus in contracts a year and my so called brother who I want to keep cant gets 7 mil a year deal because you wouldnt give up 2..lol that was a lot but you get it. I'm rare I guess and would say ok I'll take a few million less but whos getting it or where will we spend it

4lifecowboy likes this.
  14. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

10,181 Messages
    17,050 Likes Received
    Quincy Carter gotta be on this list......

daboyzruleperiod likes this.
  15. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆ Zone Supporter

27,273 Messages
    67,591 Likes Received
    In 1979, by the end of his 10 seasons w/the Cowboys, Staubach was making around $160,000 a year. I've also read Roger made those millions after retirement being he's a genius in real estate.
    :lmao:

16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

99,166 Messages
    26,006 Likes Received
    Roger got his money because of his commercial real estate business, had nothing to do with playing football. Going to Annapolis or West Point is a great start for anyone career once they leave the military

Garddog likes this.
  17. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

18,690 Messages
    41,025 Likes Received
    Didn’t Staubach make most of his money with his own business? Not from playing football?

I mean I guess football seed money and name recognition helps in business but...

18. Winonesoon

Winonesoon Well-Known Member

745 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    I don't think the OP was saying that all the money is from just football contracts.

Bobhaze likes this.
  19. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

99,166 Messages
    26,006 Likes Received
    True but I see QB on other teams with those high dollar endorsement deals. I don't think being a Dallas QB affords him more. As for Roger he did not make a lot as a QB compared to his peers of those days. Roger however took the education he received from Annapolis and built a great commercial real estate business

Winonesoon likes this.
  20. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

8,255 Messages
    25,715 Likes Received
    This! Roger’s business success and wealth was certainly aided by his name recognition as a Cowboy. But watching his post football business career is a textbook example of guy who is a brilliant businessman more than a beneficiary of having a star on his helmet.

maryquality likes this.