News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
And so it begins!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20302469/ezekiel-elliott-dallas-cowboys-suspended-six-games

OXNARD, California -- Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has been suspended six games by the NFL for violating the personal conduct policy, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The suspension comes as a result of an investigation that started more than a year ago after an ex-girlfriend accused Elliott of domestic violence in Columbus, Ohio. The Columbus City Attorney's office announced in September that it would not pursue charges against Elliott because of "conflicting and inconsistent information," but the NFL can penalize a player even without legal charges.

Elliott is expected to appeal the suspension, league sources told Schefter.

Elliott has three business days to file notice of appeal, and a hearing must be scheduled within 10 days of receipt of the notice, according to Article 46 of the collective bargaining agreement, which governs appeal of commissioner discipline.

The appeal is heard by the commissioner or his designee, usually former NFL executive Harold Henderson.

Legal authorities concluded that Elliott's accuser was not credible and rejected charging him. Several witnesses, according to sources close to the case, heard the woman yell at Elliott that she would "ruin his career" when she was unhappy that they would not continue their relationship.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
I wonder how long will the appeals process take. I don't think it will go as long as the Brady suspension because now there's precedent for courts to rule that Goodell can do whatever he wants. I think Goodell will complete his appeal hearing rather quickly. After that, I'm not even sure if any court will even hear an appeal because of the Brady precedent.

Status
Not open for further replies.