It Is Possible Ronnell Lewis Is Off Dallas' Board

Bluestang

Reaction score
johnnyd;4506897 said:
so smokescreen?

The Cowboys are expected to take a ''long, hard look'' at Alabama DE/OLB Courtney Upshaw

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...-long-hard-look-at-bama-s-courtney-upshaw.ece

The article also mentions Kirkpatrick and Barron, and as a matter of fact it focuses more on the three players from Alabama rather pinpointing Upshaw.

If Stephen didn't mention Upshaw it would be more of a red flag in my opinion.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
johnnyd;4506897 said:
so smokescreen?

The Cowboys are expected to take a ''long, hard look'' at Alabama DE/OLB Courtney Upshaw

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...-long-hard-look-at-bama-s-courtney-upshaw.ece

I would say, they have never come out and ousted a player they have taken off their board pre or post draft. Then again, you can be getting smoke the other direction. What I do find ironic is the person who did that article and interview and the person who says they have removed him from their board work closely together.

SDogo

Reaction score
On a sid enote, I think the more interesting part of that interview was the doubt of Stephen on where Upshaw would play. That's damaging if you ask me.

Bluestang

Reaction score
SDogo;4506908 said:
On a sid enote, I think the more interesting part of that interview was the doubt of Stephen on where Upshaw would play. That's damaging if you ask me.

He also mentioned Barron and talked about being a a box safety but taking one that high he would also have to show the ability to cover on 3rd downs which isn't exactly a ringing endorsement either IMO.

JBS

Reaction score
You guys are saying Upshaw is off our board entirely? Why? For what?

BigWillie

Reaction score
Not entirely shocked about Lewis. Great raw talent, but from what I can remember, Stoops was not hurt in the least that Lewis left.

I found the quote. This was Stoops speaking before Oklahoma's bowl game, speaking about Ronnell missing the game ..

http://espn.go.com/colleges/oklahom...s-ronnell-lewis-miss-bowl-game-likely-done-ou

"I don't want to come out and speak for him, but we've talked and I feel it's in his best interest to go on to the NFL," Stoops said. "It hasn't been formalized yet, but we expect that to happen. And I'm all for it. He needs to do that. We're hopeful that will all go the right way."

SDogo

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4506918 said:
You guys are saying Upshaw is off our board entirely? Why? For what?

My understanding is he several documented and not so public charges or accusations in regards to violence against a woman and aggravated assault.

The other issue seems to be he just has not impressed that much and as Stephen said, there seems to be an issue of where you play him.

All I can assume is that all these issues combined have something to do with it.

I will say there is a rumor and I say rumor because I have not verified and I'm not sure how one would unless it become public knowledge that he stalked a woman he was accused of assault against and threatened her life.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
SDogo;4506936 said:
My understanding is he several documented and not so public charges or accusations in regards to violence against a woman and aggravated assault.

The other issue seems to be he just has not impressed that much and as Stephen said, there seems to be an issue of where you play him.

All I can assume is that all these issues combined have something to do with it.

I will say there is a rumor and I say rumor because I have not verified and I'm not sure how one would unless it become public knowledge that he stalked a woman he was accused of assault against and threatened her life.

Damyyuuunnn

Randy White

Reaction score
SDogo;4506936 said:

If this rumor is even remotely accurate, he can kiss his chances of getting drafted in the 1st round goodbye..

The only two teams with a reputation of taking chances on players like that are the Raiders and Bengals. Oakland does not have a 1st pick thanks to the Bengals and Cinci does not necessarily need a DE. Even if they did, they're going to have chance to draft one who's at least as good as this guy only without the baggage.

I'm doing my last 1st rnd mock in about a week and I'm thinking of leaving him off altogether.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Our draft board is pretty much set in terms of order. The medical evals will flag some more.

It was my understanding post-draft that a lot of teams took Murray off their board completely due to his consistent Sooner injuries. Oops.

CowboysLaw87

Reaction score
SDogo;4506936 said:

Unless you're talking about a different incident, I read this article months ago, and it is clearly public knowledge...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4412453

Bigdog

Reaction score
SDogo;4506811 said:
or maybe like in life someone confides in you and if you have morals you honor their wishes.

I could say and ruin a relationship just so I can get the attention or I can let it come out and discuss it then.

I'll take the 2nd option, thanks.

A person who respects other people's confidentiality and has values. Please keep the information coming but not for the sake of the relationships that you have already built.

Leadbelly

Reaction score

Leadbelly

Reaction score
As far as the surprise mystery player removed from our board, I'll put my chips on Coples. I think it's plausible the team got the full scoop from Butch and maybe even Bruce Carter.

Would Janzen Jackson get removed? Is he even considered draftable? Of the various repeat screw-ups like Janoris Jenkins, Cliff Harris, and Vontaze Burfict, Jackson would be the guy I took a chance on in the 5th or 6th round. The guy was an electric FS at Tennessee.

JPostSam

Reaction score
SDogo:

With all these guys being "off our board", who do you think will 1) be available when we pick at 14 and 2) be "our kind of guy"?

Do you think that the guys we would want will have been picked by then (Cox? DeCaastro? Barron?), forcing us to trade back?

Fredd

Reaction score
It surprises me that the short list in the beginning of this thread didn't mention Kirkpatrick. I also saw an interview or two on him and he doesn't sound like the brightest bulb in the pack...

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Glad it's not Irvin. Also glad we're probably not taking Upshaw. A few weeks ago it seemed like drafting him was a real possibility. We just have to be smart and stick to our board. Keep it going with the Smith and Murray type picks. Talented players who work hard and care about being the best.