It seems pretty obvious that this is a run it back situation

Sydla

Reaction score
Despite Jerry's claims of accountability and responsibility and how we are going to be "all in" in 2024, he's basically told us they are running it back. They fired zero coaches. Zero. After whining and complaining that people need to be held accountable for an embarrassing home playoff loss, Jerry fired no one. He only has a new DC because that guy got a better job.

It also seems obvious not much is going to change in FA. Yeah, Jerry was spewing "all in" weeks ago but recent comments and actions tell you it's going to be the same old roster building exercise. Oh sure, they may add some LBs because Zimmer wants some better LBs but don't look at the top guys and don't look at the mid-level guys, look for the cheap guys. That's who we are getting.

We all like to rip on Jerry but reality is he's built a team that clearly has a core in place that could contend IF they made smart moves in the offseason.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Despite Jerry's claims of accountability and responsibility and how we are going to be "all in" in 2024, he's basically told us they are running it back. They fired zero coaches. Zero. After whining and complaining that people need to be held accountable for an embarrassing home playoff loss, Jerry fired no one. He only has a new DC because that guy got a better job.

It also seems obvious not much is going to change in FA. Yeah, Jerry was spewing "all in" weeks ago but recent comments and actions tell you it's going to be the same old roster building exercise. Oh sure, they may add some LBs because Zimmer wants some better LBs but don't look at the top guys and don't look at the mid-level guys, look for the cheap guys. That's who we are getting.

We all like to rip on Jerry but reality is he's built a team that clearly has a core in place that could contend IF they made smart moves in the offseason.
I see what you are saying, but its hard to run it back with the amount of FA's we have. There are going to be a fair amount of changes, however those are likely to be downgrades

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Now was the time to make changes. Stupid Jerry.
I would say, that it all depends upon the QB situation. There's an argument that last year was the time to go all-in, @Blackrain 's full on support of the Henry trade was probably the closest to having a complete All-In team. (It would of potentially given the running option that MAY have allowed Dak to get back in the GB game).
This season appears a year late and a dollar short ....and can we rely on Dak???

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, I am still waiting for the accountability that Jerry spoke about after the embarrassing loss to Green Bay.
Real accountability always starts at the top. If there is no accountability at the top for the leaders of an organization, it cannot happen anywhere else in the organization. Having unaccountable leaders at the top is organizational cancer. From Jerry, SJ, to the coaches, players, to Ticket takers and janitors. It infects everyone.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems to me that direction for the entire organization is directly tied to what they do with the quarterback contract.

If they actually play it out, everything is wide open for next year. If a change is made to head coach, an entirely new staff will follow, leading to changes everywhere.

But if the contract is extended, any new coach is now tied to it, and it’s huge salary cap implications. That inevitably affects the coaches who would then want the job.

For me, it’s all about that QB contract.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Real accountability always starts at the top. If there is no accountability at the top for the leaders of an organization, it cannot happen anywhere else in the organization. Having unaccountable leaders at the top is organizational cancer. From Jerry, SJ, to the coaches, players, to Ticket takers and janitors. It infects everyone.
And if the money pours in win or lose, how will the organization ever have any real accountability?

morasp

Reaction score
There is absolutely no incentive for him to change, in terms of revenue he is in the sweet spot.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Sounds like many fans around here, wanting accountability, but they are still here, running it back.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All the coaches AND the QB on 1 year deals.

It might be run it back this season , but it’s for the best of it means changes next season.
Yeah but they'll have the greatest year ever so Jerry is tied to keeping them all long term

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And if the money pours in win or lose, how will the organization ever have any real accountability?
This is right...fans want accountability too, but they are still lining Jerry's pockets.
I don't really blame Jerry, he's a business man. When he starts losing fans, ratings and money....that's when you're gonna see change, wether Jerry or Stephen are in charge.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who holds them accountable...the fans are the only one's that can do it. Most won't stop watching or talking about them, keeps them relevant and rich. Jerry has no accountability, because no one holds him accountable. Bash him all you want, it keeps him in the conversation, relevant and unaccountable.

Aven8

Reaction score

I think Jerry wants to do all that but his stupid son talked him out of it in that past month. Jerry is a gambler and Stephen is not. It has its pluses and minuses. Like Martin instead of Johnny Football. Also, I believe Stephen wanted Mike, and Jerry was fine with JG.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It seems to me that direction for the entire organization is directly tied to what they do with the quarterback contract.

If they actually play it out, everything is wide open for next year. If a change is made to head coach, an entirely new staff will follow, leading to changes everywhere.

But if the contract is extended, any new coach is now tied to it, and it’s huge salary cap implications. That inevitably affects the coaches who would then want the job.

For me, it’s all about that QB contract.
Good point. A pre-req for the next HC will be that they have to accept Prescott.

A huge problem is that every time there’s a change, part of the last regime is forced on the next one.

It’s all quite clear that Jerry wants to be the head guy and put all the pieces in place on the staff, and thinks that’s all fine.

We end up with coaches that just want a paycheck (Wade, MM) or an opportunity (Garrett, Moore), and we get outcoached routinely in big games. Every year.

Not news to anyone, but all the hope I had of it ever somehow not being a problem is about gone.

I’m not even talking about a championship…I mean being good enough, physically and mentally, to have a real chance…and if you get beat you get beat, that happens…but them thinking they are “close?” No way. They would have gotten smacked around by any team that was left after they were gone.

Mannix

Reaction score
Yes, I am still waiting for the accountability that Jerry spoke about after the embarrassing loss to Green Bay.
I'm still waiting for the accountability he spoke about following the FIRST playoff loss to SF.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Jerry is weird about not firing people.

He’d rather just let the contracts run out.
I think Jerry really has a soft spot for his coaches, as well as players. Pretty obvious Garrett wasn't the answer at head coach, yet Jerry kept him until his contract ran out. Maybe he felt that he made a mistake letting Gailey go early despite some success with him and doesn't want to repeat that.
But really, I think he's sort of like me, old school, if you sign a contract, you honor it, regardless of which side of the contract you're on....