It used to be ...

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
joseephuss;2263472 said:
They did last year.

I wasn't aware that Crayton and T.O. didn't play in the linc last year.

I bet Austin had a 100yd game :rolleyes:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Real1st;2263460 said:
Yea

I thought the eagles played the rams?

Wasn't that the sentiment on this board before last night?

Yah-this same "vaunted" Eagles D that held the "almighty" Rams to only a FG.

How'd that work out?

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Boysboy;2263482 said:
Yah-this same "vaunted" Eagles D that held the "almighty" Rams to only a FG.

How'd that work out?

Yea the same "vaunted" Cowboys D that held the "dinomite" Browns offense to only 10 points.

So maybe the Rams defense is as good as the Cowboys :laugh2:

And your point? You see how easy that was for me to make a dumb point?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
joseephuss;2263472 said:
They did last year.

See, he was equating Reggie Brown and what's-his-face to Owens and Crayton in order to make a devastating logical point.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;2263451 said:
Yep, it's terrible.

The board used to really add a lot to being a fan IMO, because it was great to come here after a win and see how happy and excited everyone was, just like you were.

Now, it's all gloom, doom, *****ing and moaning even after an exciting win over one of the better teams in the league. And even when you point out that the Negative Nellies are making many of the "facts" they cite, and that we actually aren't that bad if you look at what really happened, they don't want to hear it. We suck, ******, because I said so!

I guess we've reached that point in our team life cycle where we can't possibly exceed expectations with some people. It really takes a lot of the fun out of the board for me.

I can second this emotion. I've already knocked off coming around here for 3 days after a loss b/c I just can't endure it. It's getting to the point where I have to think twice about close wins.

I wonder if the fans in Denver are swooning and throwing themselves off of bridges this week.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2263418 said:
It used to be that I couldn't come around here for a couple days after a loss because of all the unwarranted negativity. We sucked, the season is over, fire all the coaches, etc., etc.

Now it appears that's the case after a huge win that solidifies our spot as the best team in the NFL. Uh ... what?

I don't think this win makesus look like the best team in the NFL.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
If you told me before the game that we were going to win; I'd have been happy.

We won.

End result is the same.

Sure, things didn't go as smoothly as planned. But we did what we were supposed to do; what we needed to do; which is....win.

joseephuss

Reaction score
bbailey423;2263459 said:
best team in the NFL? Again, do you think Tony Romo could march into the Linc with Hurd, Austin, and Stanback and drop 30?

Real1st;2263479 said:
I wasn't aware that Crayton and T.O. didn't play in the linc last year.

I bet Austin had a 100yd game :rolleyes:

Romo marched into the Linc last year and dropped 30 with Hurd, Austin and Stanback. He also had TO and Crayton. There was no stipulation that those guys were not supposed to be involved.

You take away the better players from any team and they will struggle. If you take away the Cowboys' #1 receiver, which is TO of course the offense will be different. If you take away the #1 receiver from the Eagles, the result is not the same. The Eagles #1 receiver does not do what TO does. He is not expected to do what TO does. It is not an equal comparison. It is not even clear who the Eagles #1 receiver is. It may just be that Desean Jackson is already their #1 receiver.

A better comparison is to see what the Eagles can do if they didn't have Brian Westbrook. He has a big impact on their offense. Without him that offense would look very different.

You can't always match position by position when comparing two teams. You sometimes have to match impact player by impact player.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I personally think Jackson has already made himself the #1 reciever. i can't imagine how Brown or Curtis is going to be given a spot over him even when they do return. Jackson has already proven himself more productive than those guys.

I will not be shocked, at all, if Jackson remains their #1 option, outside of Westbrook of course, through out the rest of the year.

zeromaster

Reaction score
However badly stated, people have concerns about recurring problems like lack of defensive line pressure, penalties, and ill-advised plays that result in turnovers and opponent scores.

The fantasy league (style points) mindset of some people around here is something I don't care for myself, but it's life in the 21st century I guess.

The defensive pressure is somewhat easier to take given the protection schemes that were on display last night. The dreaded zone coverage I have more of a problem with, but it's only my opinion (and a few others').

Recurring problems become hard to fix after awhile. Penalties especially. Plays like the endzone fumble are disturbing considering the supposed emphasis at protecting the ball better.

I hope for a better (ie., more professional) approach against the Packers, but who knows, really? I do know this: if this team falls short in the playoffs because of the problems we've seen, I'll have no patience with any positive spin, no matter how many stats someone wants to drag up.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
joseephuss;2263472 said:
They did last year.
ok wise guy...let me try it this way....do you think we could do that with our 3rd, 4th and 5th WRs....do you remeber what we looked like last year with out our top WRs? My point is....our defense looked horrible...and if we down to our 3rd, 4th and 5th WRs....our offense would have looked horrible too. Translation: we are not the best team in the NFL!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BraveHeartFan;2263540 said:
I personally think Jackson has already made himself the #1 reciever. i can't imagine how Brown or Curtis is going to be given a spot over him even when they do return. Jackson has already proven himself more productive than those guys.

I will not be shocked, at all, if Jackson remains their #1 option, outside of Westbrook of course, through out the rest of the year.

I absolutely agree.

I think Reggie Brown is the #3 when all are healthy.

And - bonehead move aside - I think he was a steal for the Eagles and a player I wish we had the foresight to have drafted.

If he can stay healthy, not an easy feat at his size, he can be a big-time playmaker that the Eagles have needed.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
stasheroo;2263569 said:
I absolutely agree.

I think Reggie Brown is the #3 when all are healthy.

And - bonehead move aside - I think he was a steal for the Eagles and a player I wish we had the foresight to have drafted.

If he can stay healthy, not an easy feat at his size, he can be a big-time playmaker that the Eagles have needed.

Yeah I'm starting to think I'll have to eat my words about that boy. He's clearly a darn good ball player. My only question about him, now, would be his durability and we'll see how that goes through out the rest of this year.

But I definately think he's made himself their number one WR at this point, even when everyone else gets back.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BraveHeartFan;2263577 said:
Yeah I'm starting to think I'll have to eat my words about that boy. He's clearly a darn good ball player. My only question about him, now, would be his durability and we'll see how that goes through out the rest of this year.

But I definately think he's made himself their number one WR at this point, even when everyone else gets back.

Hey, it's not so bad admitting you were wrong.

I was a guy who was against drafting Felix Jones, a guy I thought was strictly a 'part-time back'.

So you've got company in eating those words.

joseephuss

Reaction score
bbailey423;2263559 said:
ok wise guy...let me try it this way....do you think we could do that with our 3rd, 4th and 5th WRs....do you remeber what we looked like last year with out our top WRs? My point is....our defense looked horrible...and if we down to our 3rd, 4th and 5th WRs....our offense would have looked horrible too. Translation: we are not the best team in the NFL!

What did Dallas look like without their top receiver? Do we really know? They played in a meaningless game to end the regular season and no one even showed up. It was not a true indicator as to how well or not well the offense could perform without TO. Are you talking about the playoffs with a less than 100% TO. I saw the offense rip off two 90 yard TD drives. I saw guys open all over the field, so wide receiver was not an issue. The offensive line struggled in the 2nd half and that was the difference in the game. And I give the Giants pass rush more credit for that than bashing the o-line.

I don't base my evaluation of the team solely on last nights performance. The Dallas defense held Philly to 27 total points last season. This years defense is better even if they didn't play as well as they can. I am not worried until they start putting several poor games in a row. One game does not a team make.

Plus there is no best team in the NFL right now. Every team has its issues and they have shown. Dallas is 2-0 and that helps towards their goals.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2263451 said:
Yep, it's terrible.

The board used to really add a lot to being a fan IMO, because it was great to come here after a win and see how happy and excited everyone was, just like you were.

Now, it's all gloom, doom, *****ing and moaning even after an exciting win over one of the better teams in the league. And even when you point out that the Negative Nellies are making many of the "facts" they cite, and that we actually aren't that bad if you look at what really happened, they don't want to hear it. We suck, ******, because I said so!

I guess we've reached that point in our team life cycle where we can't possibly exceed expectations with some people. It really takes a lot of the fun out of the board for me.

Amen.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
bbailey423;2263559 said:

And what team in the NFL is going to play like the best team in the NFL, week in and week out, without their top 2 WR's?

It's going to be a pretty short list.

Where would the Patriots be without Moss and Welker? The Colts without Harrison and Wayne? The Giants without Toomer and Burress?

The Eagles are without their default top 2 recievers but I'll easily argue that they're really only out their #2 WR because I think Jackson has clearly solidified himself as the #1 target there.

So, again, what team can lose their top two WR's and be the best team in the league?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
theogt;2263418 said:
It used to be that I couldn't come around here for a couple days after a loss because of all the unwarranted negativity. We sucked, the season is over, fire all the coaches, etc., etc.

Now it appears that's the case after a huge win that solidifies our spot as the best team in the NFL. Uh ... what?

To be honest we have seen this out of the Cowboys before. Heck we even went 13 and freakin 3 last year and failed to win a Playoff Game.

I think the Cowboys still have the Buyer Beware sticker until I see how the team is playing in late December.

This was a great win but some of the problems we have seen in the past still don't seem to be fixed.

But then again, the Eagles just might be that good, dunno, its going to be a long season.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2263695 said:
To be honest we have seen this out of the Cowboys before. Heck we even went 13 and freakin 3 last year and failed to win a Playoff Game.

I think the Cowboys still have the Buyer Beware sticker until I see how the team is playing in late December.

This was a great win but some of the problems we have seen in the past still don't seem to be fixed.

But then again, the Eagles just might be that good, dunno, its going to be a long season.

Thats the point. I love this team as much as anyone.

Im not trying to see a talented team go to waste because of penalties and a underachieving defense.