It was a mistake letting Garrett Go

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I have been reading all the Dak threads and it seems that he is such an average QB, not talented and some even say he is not worthy of starting in this league and that QBs like him are dime a dozen and can be found anywhere, any time....so Garrett had done an outstanding job, by winning to NFC east titles and going 1-2 in the playoffs, being handicapped at the most important position on the team for the past 4 years....he must have not realized he has hit fools gold in 2016......

I guess we should have kept Garrett, given what he accomplished with such an average to below average QB...

:rolleyes:

t3qkhrohrh321.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't know why people pretend there isn't a lunatic fringe of extremely loud and extremely online Dak turbo-haters who say things like "he can't throw!" and want him off the team at ANY PRICE. For that handful of ultra-morons, yeah, it makes no sense to blame Garrett for going 8-8 if you really believe Dak is indistinguishable from Qunicy Carter or whatever.

Most reasonable Dak critics are more of the "he's fine but not at X price" variety, in which case there's no contradiction in wanting Garrett gone for being trash while also not wanting to overshoot whatever Dak's value in your head is. I might think X is bigger than they think it is but that's a different conversation than "He's THE WORST EVER AND A BAD PERSON" which is just garbage for babies.

The same "Dak isn't worth X" guys are some of the same guys that were hating on Dak when he was getting paid 1 million per year for 4 years. So they have no credibility.

Then there is the other major point that Dak is counted 31 million against the cap this year we have a stacked team with everyone under the cap with room to spare. And that is with the salary NOT spread out and without any major restructuring.

So the claims that Dak will destroy the cap have already been proven false. We are 36 million under the cap for next year already. If Dak signs long-term we are more than set.

We are about to embark on a 4 year window in good shape with the cap and MM as a real HC.

Any notion of tearing this down now is total and utter stupidity.

Some of the trolls are just smart enough to see the writing on the wall. With all the talent, MM and Dak entering his prime, some have softened the stance. Others are just too dumb to do so.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sure sounds like a guy that thinks Garrett was a good coach. :muttley::muttley::muttley:

A glimmer of light?

You said Garrett was "my shining light in a dark time" That's a little more then glimmer. LOL

That sounds like love to be honest.

Your attempts to try and soften your support of Garrett only makes you look worse.
Again this love and hate thing I don’t really feel comfortable with the way this Generation uses it.

I was supportive of Garrett on many fronts and stand by those based on the info and results we had at the time.

When I posted the “ shining light” comment that was in 2018 and was feeling pretty good Garrett might finally take us further than this franchise had been since the 90’s dynasty. We had afterall won 3 division titles in 5 years . The most success of any HC in post 90’s era. Things were looking brighter.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have been reading all the Dak threads and it seems that he is such an average QB, not talented and some even say he is not worthy of starting in this league and that QBs like him are dime a dozen and can be found anywhere, any time....so Garrett had done an outstanding job, by winning to NFC east titles and going 1-2 in the playoffs, being handicapped at the most important position on the team for the past 4 years....he must have not realized he has hit fools gold in 2016......

I guess we should have kept Garrett, given what he accomplished with such an average to below average QB...

Not sure what the smilie means...but...maybe you're just trolling bit?

I'm neither Garrett lover nor hater. But even a supporter should know that it was just time. Garret was given some good weapons...but just could not put it together for even a strong team let alone a playoff one. Spinning our wheels and going nowhere.

Yes....we still have Jerry. And if that is anyone's hangup.....might be best to find a team that suits your sensibilities. Otherwise just kind ignore that aspect and don;t let it get to ya.

We should be hopeful and appreciative....a new regime...could be just what's needed. We got good players...just need to better management.

Sydla

Reaction score

He also had Romo and spit out similar seasons.

This logic was a fail.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not sure what the smilie means...but...maybe you're just trolling bit?

I'm neither Garrett lover nor hater. But even a supporter should know that it was just time. Garret was given some good weapons...but just could not put it together for even a strong team let alone a playoff one. Spinning our wheels and going nowhere.

Yes....we still have Jerry. And if that is anyone's hangup.....might be best to find a team that suits your sensibilities. Otherwise just kind ignore that aspect and don;t let it get to ya.

We should be hopeful and appreciative....a new regime...could be just what's needed. We got good players...just need to better management.
I guess I am trolling the dak bashers a little.....I find it quite amazing, we went from 100 thread weekly, with 198282 responses and posts on how bad garrett, linehan and Marinelli were and when they left, that same anger turned toward Dak. none of the Dak bashers want to deal with the garrett factor in their basing and they shun it like the plague because it doesn't support their opinion....its even to a point, that they have nothing left and are now question his leadership, given there is a couple of threads on that...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He also had Romo and spit out similar seasons.

This logic was a fail.
it was a bit of sarcastic post for Dak detractors.....given none of them ever acknowledge coaching impact on wins and losses....they avoid it like the plague... and they have spun that into Dak's lack of leadership in overcoming garrett's short coming...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Again this love and hate thing I don’t really feel comfortable with the way this Generation uses it.

I was supportive of Garrett on many fronts and stand by those based on the info and results we had at the time.

When I posted the “ shining light” comment that was in 2018 and was feeling pretty good Garrett might finally take us further than this franchise had been since the 90’s dynasty. We had afterall won 3 division titles in 5 years . The most success of any HC in post 90’s era. Things were looking brighter.

That's enough dancing for today. Enjoy the weather. :yourock:

Flamma

Reaction score

Yes Garrett won two NFC East titles. Are you using that statistic to impress? The fact the Cowboys beat out a whole 3 teams? I've seen teams with losing records win divisions. It's not the accomplishment you think it is. I don't think Dak is a dime a dozen. But I do believe there is a lot more of him out there than QB's like Russel Wilson

starfan1

Reaction score
true we could have lost big this year and got Trevor Lawerence then fire Garett and bring in Dabo with Lawerence..welp mistake made we have to live with this mistake forever/..

that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in sometime. There is too much talent to on this team "tank for Trevor" even if they wanted to they would win too many. Trevor is going 1 or 2 is my guess not to mention this team isnt looking for a QB. Just some the fans are

visionary

Reaction score

It is pretty clear you are as correct about this as you have been about other football related matters

:muttley:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's obvious what your point is, but even if Dak isn't the greatest, Garrett had tremendous talent to work with (best OL in the league, Witten and Dez early in the decade, Zeke and Cooper later) other than at QB and could never do anything.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess I am trolling the dak bashers a little.....I find it quite amazing, we went from 100 thread weekly, with 198282 responses and posts on how bad garrett, linehan and Marinelli were and when they left, that same anger turned toward Dak. none of the Dak bashers want to deal with the garrett factor in their basing and they shun it like the plague because it doesn't support their opinion....its even to a point, that they have nothing left and are now question his leadership, given there is a couple of threads on that...

I whole heartedly agree! And I've been wondering why the Dak/Zeke bashing is so intense, after finally getting rid of the coach we've hated so much. Saying they've had to turn those emotions toward something else might be spot on.

Me? I'm giving the free pass out. A clean slate for MM's roster until I get to see what they are capable of in the different regime. High hopes.

MaineBoy

Reaction score

Need a hug ? There are more appropriate and adult ways to ask for attention than to make a stupid comment whose only purpose could be to

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's obvious what your point is, but even if Dak isn't the greatest, Garrett had tremendous talent to work with (best OL in the league, Witten and Dez early in the decade, Zeke and Cooper later) other than at QB and could never do anything.
Perhaps we need to define “ anything”.

No, we didn’t get back to the championship game which no Cowboys HC since 90’s has achieved.

But despite Garrett’s acclaimed coaching weaknesses and flaws we did win 3 division titles in 5 years which was best run in post 90’s Dynasty era. Which along with 2 playoff wins surpassed all of the previous HC’s cumulatively.

He also won Coach of the Year joining Landry and Johnson as only ones in Cowboy History and leaves with the second most wins in franchise. Not bad marks for being the worst coach . Lol

MaineBoy

Reaction score

So you’re a Dak lover pumping up your boy up indirectly via sarcasm ? Or you need a hug ? There are more appropriate ways to ask for attention than to start ridiculously titled threads.

blueblood70

Reaction score
that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in sometime. There is too much talent to on this team "tank for Trevor" even if they wanted to they would win too many. Trevor is going 1 or 2 is my guess not to mention this team isnt looking for a QB. Just some the fans are
whats ridiculous is you not realizing the OPs sarcasm and this entire thread is pretty hypothetical rhetoric..

jokes on you Boomer..

TGIF