It was a very good draft

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There are Dallas fans that hate Jerry.
There are Dallas fans that love Jerry.
There are Dallas fans that see both sides.
There are fans that hate both.
There are people who don’t care about either.

People don’t get frustrated because you have a different opinion. They get frustrated by your stubborn, endless denial, how you deflect and talk in circles, even after you’re proven wrong.
They get frustrated because I’m Stubbornly relentless in proving my stance.

How am I wrong when I state Jerry is the most hated sports personality in Dallas while the Cowboys are the most loved franchise?

This is from Cowboy fans not people who hate the Cowboys. They just hate Jerry. Not the Cowboys.

Not sure why you can’t accept this by continuing to deflect or belittle how much Cowboy fans hate their owner?

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
They get frustrated because I’m Stubbornly relentless in proving my stance.

How am I wrong when I state Jerry is the most hated sports personality in Dallas while the Cowboys are the most loved franchise?

This is from Cowboy fans not people who hate the Cowboys. They just hate Jerry. Not the Cowboys.

For some reason you can’t accept this fact???????
I accept that fact. I’ve never denied that Jerry is the most hated sports personality IN Dallas, or that Dallas is the most loved franchise IN Dallas. The ONLY thing I’m asking is that you admit that there are MANY Dallas fans all across the country that love the team and don’t care for Jerry, but will still acknowledge his business AND football accomplishments. Acknowledge there are Cowboy fans across the country that don’t hate Jerry, as well as those that hate but respect the man.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I accept that fact. I’ve never denied that Jerry is the most hated sports personality IN Dallas, or that Dallas is the most loved franchise IN Dallas. The ONLY thing I’m asking is that you admit that there are MANY Dallas fans all across the country that love the team and don’t care for Jerry, but will still acknowledge his business AND football accomplishments. Acknowledge there are Cowboy fans across the country that don’t hate Jerry, as well as those that hate but respect the man.
I’ve never denied that. I’m sure there are. You sound like you’re one of them. I’ve seen others on these forums that love Jerry. I’ve never personally met one. And I’ve met and known thousands of Cowboy fans.

Personally I couldn’t give a crap about them. As far as I’m concerned they have helped enable Jerry.

Cowboy fans here don’t give a crap about his business accomplishments. He’s an embarrassment to our franchise and city. Lol

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
I’ve never denied that. I’m sure there are. You sound like you’re one of them. I’ve seen others on these forums that love Jerry. I’ve never personally met one. And I’ve met and known thousands of Cowboy fans.

Personally I couldn’t give a crap about them. As far as I’m concerned they have helped enable Jerry.

Cowboy fans here don’t give a crap about his business accomplishments. He’s an embarrassment to our franchise and city. Lol

Three Lombardi’s, eleven Division titles, and a yellow jacket are not business accomplishments.

I don’t worship Jerry, and I don’t give a crap about snobby, judgemental types that live near the stadium either. If they feel superior, they should know that millions of great Cowboy fans across the country are laughing at their delusions.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Three Lombardi’s, eleven Division titles, and a yellow jacket are not business accomplishments.

I don’t worship Jerry, and I don’t give a crap about snobby, judgemental types that live near the stadium either. If they feel superior, they should know that millions of great Cowboy fans across the country are laughing at their delusions.
Jerry lovers. Lol

I knew it. Y’all are all embarrassments. Screw ya!!

Not the kind of Cowboy fans we want. Go back to the teams you abandoned and hated from wherever you’re from.

Your love and support of Jerry has help enable him while we’ve tried to take him down.

ESisback

Reaction score
Jerry lovers. Lol

I knew it. Y’all are all embarrassments. Screw ya!!

Not the kind of Cowboy fans we want. Go back to the teams you abandoned and hated from wherever you’re from. Your love and support of Jerry has help enable him while we’ve tried to take him down.
Jerry Lovers? You’re reading comprehension destroys any credibility you think you have! You see what you want to see, but you know what? No one cares what snobby, judgemental delusional idiots think. Millions of Cowboy fans across the country, many better fans than you, are laughing at your arrogance and delusions of grandeur. Just remember, every time you start spouting your crap, no one CARES what you want, and people are laughing.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Seems rather obvious to most but I am not talking about that 3 year evaluation rule, I am talking about the picks at the time with what was available. If only 3 are there in 3 years, doesn't matter. This was a very good draft, 1 of the top 3. There will be further draft evaluations as the season progresses, this is just an A for right now.

I do believe this format really helped the GM do what he wanted to do, adhere to the draft board put together by McClay and his scouts.

He showed me something in the 19 draft when it was evident that others, including his son, wanted to trade that 3rd rounder and he didn't really even hesitate, stayed with his board and took McGovern, which could turn out to be a most fortuitous pick with Yosemite hanging it up. Not to mention that Williams pick isn't looking great.

I do wonder if the old coaching staff was still here, how different would this have looked? Because according to what McClay has said, McC had a lot to do with how they constructed that board. He was far more interested in players than system fits.

The last draft that was out of the park was the Dirty Dozen in 1975 and few are going to come close to that but this one is very intriguing. Most of what Parcells called "lunch pail" players, even Lamb's got a little nasty streak in him and these players all bring attitude.

Maybe, and yes, I am reaching here, they can use another film title to describe this one, "The Magnificent 7"? Yeah, I know, got a QB in there but he's a scrapper too.

It's a good feeling to feel your team did all it could. The results are important, sure they are, but for once even I can't complain about the GM doing his job well. I still don't like him but I can say "job well done".

My favorite quote I’ve read thus far is McCarthy told McClay “players over scheme” when they met. Our picks were also highly rated with PFF so I don’t think it’s a coincidence that’s he practicing what’s he preaching with analytics.

Best draft I can remember in a long time.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry Lovers? You’re reading comprehension destroys any credibility you think you have! You see what you want to see, but you know what? No one cares what snobby, judgemental delusional idiots think. Millions of Cowboy fans across the country, many better fans than you, are laughing at your arrogance and delusions of grandeur. Just remember, every time you start spouting your crap, no one CARES what you want, and people are laughing.
You care enough to continue responding . This always ends the same way with you guys insulting those who have differing opinions attempting to discredit our message. And of course can’t handle it when return fire is discharged.

If you want to go to bat for Jerry cause you admire his accomplishments despite what the collateral damage is for Cowboys Football then at least own it. And admit that your in direct opposition from the base of Cowboy fans in Dallas area who consider Jerry the most hated sports personality while still loving the Cowboys.

For some reason these other fans feel like they are greater fans because they don’t hate Jerry in the same fashion. I think it illustrates how these type fans have embolden Jerry while the rest are trying to put him in his place.

Fans here in Dallas couldn’t care less whatever accomplishments he’s made when the Football product is compromised with his selfish egotistical ways. And if it wasn’t for the best decision he made with Jimmy initially he wouldn’t have had those early football success. And probably been ran out of town.

I guess these Homers from afar think they are defending everything under the Star by going to bat for Jerry . But in our minds the sooner Jerry is gone the better. He’s like a marriage gone bad..a hated ex spouse but we still love the kids.

He’s ruined everything Landry and Jimmy built. And credit Jimmy for the football success he hangs his hat on which he’s never been able to duplicate without which continues to drive his selfish egotistical selfishness.

ESisback

Reaction score
I’d say something like I’m NOT “going to bat for Jerry”, just acknowledging his accomplishments AND his shortcomings, but you only hear what you want, oh Holy Local Yokel.

When I say I don’t care, that’s only half true. When I see or hear someone spouting misguided nonsense, especially in a superior, judgemental, condescending way, I speak up. To think that a Cowboy fan of 40 years in Philadelphia or 17 years in Florida, 50+ years in Montana or 3 years in Canada is somehow inferior, is nonsense. Just because someone grows up near the stadium doesn’t elevate their fandom, and if a great fan from outside the Dallas Metroplex questions those delusions, he/she is not attacking you OR licking Jerry’s boots. I’d say “get over yourself”, but you’d say I was attacking you. The only thing “stubbornly relentless” is your arrogant delusion. It MAKES people not care, and that’s why this is my final response to you on this worn out topic. Say what you want, believe whatever you want in that “exclusive” little circle of super fans, have your last word ‘victory’ that you seem to think validates your crap. A whole nation of great, lifetime Cowboy fans are rolling their eyes or laughing or shaking their head, or....THEY JUST DON’T CARE WHAT YOU THINK!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d say something like I’m NOT “going to bat for Jerry”, just acknowledging his accomplishments AND his shortcomings, but you only hear what you want, oh Holy Local Yokel.

When I say I don’t care, that’s only half true. When I see or hear someone spouting misguided nonsense, especially in a superior, judgemental, condescending way, I speak up. To think that a Cowboy fan of 40 years in Philadelphia or 17 years in Florida, 50+ years in Montana or 3 years in Canada is somehow inferior, is nonsense. Just because someone grows up near the stadium doesn’t elevate their fandom, and if a great fan from outside the Dallas Metroplex questions those delusions, he/she is not attacking you OR licking Jerry’s boots. I’d say “get over yourself”, but you’d say I was attacking you. The only thing “stubbornly relentless” is your arrogant delusion. It MAKES people not care, and that’s why this is my final response to you on this worn out topic. Say what you want, believe whatever you want in that “exclusive” little circle of super fans, have your last word ‘victory’ that you seem to think validates your crap. A whole nation of great, lifetime Cowboy fans are rolling their eyes or laughing or shaking their head, or....THEY JUST DON’T CARE WHAT YOU THINK!
I don’t care either. I hope this is your last response.

But I’m SURE we will need to go thru this again as we have over the last 12+ years. And I’m sure all the Dallas fans who hate Jerry would agree.

Y’all can hug Jerry’s hiney or defense him all you want. We are embarrassed of you and any internet or afar fan who defends Jerry.

Certainly doesn't represent the sentiments here in Cowboys Nation in Dallas Texas where Jerry is the most hated sports personality.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no connection between the owner of any Dallas sports team and the fandom. Tom Hicks, Mark Cuban and Booger were despised by many of the fans. Cuban actually hurt his team on the court with his childishness.

And it's not just looking past the owner that fans have to do. I've had to look past players like Sanders, Irvin, Owens and Hardy while they were with the team and Newton, Rentzel and Septien after they were off the team.

All about the history and laundry to me.

ESisback

Reaction score
There is no connection between the owner of any Dallas sports team and the fandom. Tom Hicks, Mark Cuban and Booger were despised by many of the fans. Cuban actually hurt his team on the court with his childishness.

And it's not just looking past the owner that fans have to do. I've had to look past players like Sanders, Irvin, Owens and Hardy while they were with the team and Newton, Rentzel and Septien after they were off the team.

Exactly, CC! History and laundry, although I’d add that many fans don’t like their owner. The hometown fans seem to have a higher level of disdain, exposed to the daily diatribes of local media as they are!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly, CC! History and laundry, although I’d add that many fans don’t like their owner. The hometown fans seem to have a higher level of disdain, exposed to the daily diatribes of local media as they are!
There's just no way of getting out of being exposed to him if you live in Dallas.

I seldom think of the owner of any team when I am watching them play, a little more difficult with the Cowboys since it is required that they show them in the suite. And that's not just the Cowboys, any games broadcast from there, he has to have some face time.

If he wasn't such an attention ***** and a terrible speaker, I would be as ambivalent about him as I was Murchison or Bright but he has to constantly be pushing himself as a celebrity like doing the draft from his boat. What an ostentatious awesome person. However, I do believe he had a good draft and I don't have to look at him, so all is good.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

These last couple of pages happened because you said that perhaps Jerry has changed some. That is entirely possible and it isn’t a ridiculous premise that the man has evolved.

Jerry has already considerably changed the way he does things. If he hadn’t, and he was 100% running everything, then he’d still be drafting and doing things the way he was in 1999, or 2001. Those drafts were worse than bad. They were horrific. Some of those decisions were among the worst personnel decisions that I’ve ever seen on pro football.

In those days of drafting guys like Shante Carver, Tony Dixon, Kavika Pittman, etc., it didn’t even appear like Dallas was doing their due diligence on character. And the free agency pick ups? If a big name came available, then Jerry wanted him. Didn’t matter if he was 35 and expensive as heck.

He learned from Terrible decisions. He learned a ton from Parcells. He has over two decades of results from running things.

Jerry has come a long, long way since the bad ol’ days.

So why is it beyond reason that he might be continuing to learn from his mistakes?

The answer is that it isn’t.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There are Dallas fans that hate Jerry.
There are Dallas fans that love Jerry.
There are Dallas fans that see both sides.
There are fans that hate both.
There are people who don’t care about either.

People don’t get frustrated because you have a different opinion. They get frustrated by your stubborn, endless denial, how you deflect and talk in circles, even after you’re proven wrong.
I don't miss that. Ignore is a wonderful feature.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don't miss that. Ignore is a wonderful feature.

I know, pard! That’s my weakness! I hear arrogantly condescending delusion from The Superfan, and I go into Soap Box Mode!

I gonna go look up CC’s special Bloody Mary recipe, maybe crank up some *******...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know, pard! That’s my weakness! I hear arrogantly condescending delusion from The Superfan, and I go into Soap Box Mode!

I gonna go look up CC’s special Bloody Mary recipe, maybe crank up some *******...
Don't forget the smoked meats.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
These last couple of pages happened because you said that perhaps Jerry has changed some. That is entirely possible and it isn’t a ridiculous premise that the man has evolved.

Jerry has already considerably changed the way he does things. If he hadn’t, and he was 100% running everything, then he’d still be drafting and doing things the way he was in 1999, or 2001. Those drafts were worse than bad. They were horrific. Some of those decisions were among the worst personnel decisions that I’ve ever seen on pro football.

In those days of drafting guys like Shante Carver, Tony Dixon, Kavika Pittman, etc., it didn’t even appear like Dallas was doing their due diligence on character. And the free agency pick ups? If a big name came available, then Jerry wanted him. Didn’t matter if he was 35 and expensive as heck.

He learned from Terrible decisions. He learned a ton from Parcells. He has over two decades of results from running things.

Jerry has come a long, long way since the bad ol’ days.

So why is it beyond reason that he might be continuing to learn from his mistakes?

The answer is that it isn’t.
That’s a misinterpretation if you were referring to me. Initially I simply replied , yes a good draft. And your right. Wanting to insert Jerry finally being forced to make a coaching change brings a new atmosphere and culture here is yet to be seen.

Jerry has always been influenced by those around him. As Parcells accurately said” have to convince Jerry to go against his instincts”.

Im not convinced yet McCarthy is any greater influence than Parcells or any other coaches have been this era.

Jerry fought and fussed to the end making changes. Not by choice but necessity to calm the waters. If you want to believe he’s changed , go right ahead. But he still had conditions of employment with Moore meddling.

My issue is wanting to credit McCarthy was some awakening of Jerry or he’s saving our franchise.

Unfortunately it’s not enough for some fans to simply acknowledge we had a good draft which we have in recent years with our “ horrid” coaching and be appreciative we have a more experienced and proven HC without introducing this is all credited to Jerrys new found ways and our Savior HC. Lol