It was all visible a mile away

glimmerman

Reaction score
We went through this for years with Safety. They refused to get a stud or even an average one. Now it’s been the NT or DT1 spot. Gashed in the run game and now we can’t run it either. Somehow Dak will be blamed because he took the next man up contract. It’s like the owner-GM wants to put more pressure on Dak. He has once again no run game and one WR to pass to. Same issues as last year. Just got a slightly better O-Line that haven’t gelled yet.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Yea, it’s always seemed a little defeating to complain about the complainers:)

In the end we’re all complaining.
After almost three decades, it's just a yearly Cowboys tradition for us fans to watch them implode. Yeah, it's hilarious the select fans that pile on to a Jerry complaint thread to complain about fans that are dissatisfied with a wild card win every ten years.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Agreed and unfortunately this is probably a translation year where they will fill all the gaps next seasons draft and then have a 2ish to 3ish year window open with everyone signed and the core on rookie contracts.

It’s OK - this year they will win some big lose some big and a few in between - wild card is obtainable as is right at 500 - I think winning the nfce will be very tough but they should still be in it come December.
Our division is very obtainable. But this team has that check engine light flashing saying

“can’t stop the run game…”

“can’t run the ball either…”

recipe for disaster in the playoffs.

CCBoy

Reaction score
We went through this for years with Safety. They refused to get a stud or even an average one. Now it’s been the NT or DT1 spot. Gashed in the run game and now we can’t run it either. Somehow Dak will be blamed because he took the next man up contract. It’s like the owner-GM wants to put more pressure on Dak. He has once again no run game and one WR to pass to. Same issues as last year. Just got a slightly better O-Line that haven’t gelled yet.
That was cost created. That once applied to linebacker. It was considered an easily replaceable position, then.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It was obvious to many that this was going to be a throwaway year. We're just not going anywhere w/ the personnel at RB or DT. Good thing is, it only takes one RB.
Same RB group as last season, minus Tony, plus Zeke.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This off-season, it was certainly obvious even to the average fan (and more importantly football experts) that the Cowboys needed major help at several positions including C, LT, LB, but most glaringly at DT and RB. It was visible a mile away. What did our FO do to address these positions?
  • Drafted Tyler Guyton and Cooper Beebe to shore up OL needs. (Both appear to have major upside)
  • Drafted DE Marshawn Kneeland who has good upside as an edge run stopper, and has flashed some good potential.
  • Drafted LB Marist Liafau who also shown potential.
  • Drafted CB Caelen Carson who also has flashed lots of upside.
  • Drafted WR Ryan Flournoy in round 6. Has made the team but hasn’t played yet.
  • Drafted two 7th rounders - a long shot T Nathan Thomas (on IR) and DT Justin Rogers who was cut.
The penny pinching Cowboys Free agency moves to address needs: Signed retread RB Royce Freeman, now on his 5th team in 6 years, a slow and washed up Zeke Elliott, and eventually signed DT Linvall Joseph from his retirement couch. Then in August traded for DT Jordan Phillips who has just been placed on IR for a wrist injury Phillips says is “fine”. Ouuuuuch!

After two games this season, the two positions that scream “help needed immediately“ are DT and RB. Just like they were back in March when the off-season started.

In the Cowboys last 16 games (including last year’s playoff loss to GB) we have literally been blown out by teams that were physical and could run the ball and we could not run the ball against them. We lost to SF 42-10, Buffalo 31-10, GB 48-32, and to NO 44-19. In each of those blowout losses, it was obvious we can’t stop the run, nor run the ball.

Heading into game 3, I don’t know what this organization can do to fix these huge holes at DT and RB except try to make a trade or get lucky finding a player in the trash heap. Both are long shots. And I go back to March when options were available especially in the draft. It was visible a mile away.
Good stuff, as usual.

The personnel changes are always a challenge.

But I think fans are overlooking the play calling.

Our scheme is too Basic. And the play calling is not working.

We’ve lost 4 of our last 7 games.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
After almost three decades, it's just a yearly Cowboys tradition for us fans to watch them implode. Yeah, it's hilarious the select fans that pile on to a Jerry complaint thread to complain about fans that are dissatisfied with a wild card win every ten years.
This ....... I have equally the same amount of contempt for Jerry's lapdogs who tell real fans to go find another team.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
This off-season, it was certainly obvious even to the average fan (and more importantly football experts) that the Cowboys needed major help at several positions including C, LT, LB, but most glaringly at DT and RB. It was visible a mile away. What did our FO do to address these positions?
  • Drafted Tyler Guyton and Cooper Beebe to shore up OL needs. (Both appear to have major upside)
  • Drafted DE Marshawn Kneeland who has good upside as an edge run stopper, and has flashed some good potential.
  • Drafted two 7th rounders - a long shot T Nathan Thomas (on IR) and DT Justin Rogers who was cut.
The penny pinching Cowboys Free agency moves to address needs: Signed retread RB Royce Freeman, now on his 5th team in 6 years, a slow and washed up Zeke Elliott, and eventually signed DT Linvall Joseph from his retirement couch. Then in August traded for DT Jordan Phillips who has just been placed on IR for a wrist injury Phillips says is “fine”. Ouuuuuch!

After two games this season, the two positions that scream “help needed immediately“ are DT and RB. Just like they were back in March when the off-season started.

In the Cowboys last 16 games (including last year’s playoff loss to GB) we have literally been blown out by teams that were physical and could run the ball and we could not run the ball against them. We lost to SF 42-10, Buffalo 31-10, GB 48-32, and to NO 44-19. In each of those blowout losses, it was obvious we can’t stop the run, nor run the ball.

Heading into game 3, I don’t know what this organization can do to fix these huge holes at DT and RB except try to make a trade or get lucky finding a player in the trash heap. Both are long shots. And I go back to March when options were available especially in the draft. It was visible a mile away.
JJ didn't fix a dam thing, zero, zip, nothing! What he did do was increase the wealth of both Prescott and Lamb. The offense line is younger and weaker, with both Steele and Martin both appearing to look old and slow. Other than that the Boys in general don't have the ability to punch back when their opponent delivers a huge haymaker........Not a lot of reason to sit down and watch this team live TV anymore, better to tape the game and use the fast forward function so that you don't waste that much time out of your day watching this team go three and out more times than the law should allow or a defense that folds easier than a pup tent.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This ....... I have equally the same amount of contempt for Jerry's lapdogs who tell real fans to go find another team.
Sucks that it’s come to that, but I don’t blame anyone for feeling the way they do one way or the other.

In the end this place has become more about personal attacks and less about football due to the recent frustrating results and FO decisions that led things to be that way.

It frustrates me beyond belief that one man’s ego can steal what’s been a great source of fun and entertainment for many of us. There are some that don’t have an issue with it. To each his/her own. Doesn’t mean I have to listen to it or react, although I sometimes do.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Exactly. Ive been a fan since I was a little kid and Super Bowl V was my first Cowboys game. I never thought in a million years that some drunken hillbilly would buy the team and after the three championships courtesy of Jimmy Johnson, opt to also be the head coach thus making every decision normally attributed to the top three roles in an NFL org. Jerry will live to be 100 so I expect more of the same. An nfl nepotism rule would solve a lot of dysfunction here in Dallas.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Torment! Lol! A South Texas mosquito torments 100 times more than you...
:muttley:
Maybe he can 'achieve' and predict how many x-ray totals for our team for this entire game? If you advance to the rear, leave nothing unstumbled upon. :popcorn:

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Good stuff, as usual.

The personnel changes are always a challenge.

But I think fans are overlooking the play calling.

Our scheme is too Basic. And the play calling is not working.

We’ve lost 4 of our last 7 games.
Trading draft capital for a running back only for him to be stuck in poor situations with bad blocking isn’t going to change anything, and that isn’t even considerig the play-calling. The Cowboys must show they can set the running back up for success before finding better backs to take advantage of it.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2024/09/20/cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-deuce-vaughn-rico-dowdle/

I still root Cowboys. I appreciate them playing football. I appreciate the contested sport and support the Cowboys. Sorry, don't hang in there to support putting them down. Not my failure in life.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

I knew the Monday morning after the PO, when Mike wasn’t fired after all the huff and puff from Jed, that nothing was changing but when they lost the back to TN and didn’t go after any good backs on the market nor draft one and brought back Zeke, I knew the dog was dead then. Same with the DT position, after losing Hankins for pennies on a dollar and did nothing in FA and then draft someone in the 7th, now come on now and then weeks before the season you start trying to shore up that position. That speaks volumes. I wanted to think those guys still had it but knew in my heart they were washed up, so basically the rooster has come home to roost.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
These posts are amazing.

But yeah, DT and RB where an issue last year and still. What did the regime do? Nothing, just like what happened with the Safety position last decade. They got cheap players or 6th rounders and it was disastrous.

Now its DT. But yeah, who cares? The regime still happy because fans keep going to the stadium and medía continues to talk about the team.

So, for the rest of us who actually cares, we have to pray and wait for a Mahomes type QB to fall from heaven, and thats just to be competitive…