It was all visible a mile away

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Name calling around here is wrong under any circumstance and there’s no place for it. I’d personally be much less tolerant of it but I don’t run this place nor wish to. I respect the house.

On the negativity, when the food is continually rotten, people gonna eventually start sending it back, even if you’re the only restaurant in town. It sure is taking a while, but ok…..

You just have a much different point of view than many around here, and have the ability to put the situation into what’s probably the proper perspective.

But it’s also fair to say that you shouldn’t really be surprised that the proper place to vent about Jerry and his act includes many that are doing just that, given the results and refusal to change.
That's right...send it back and if they continue to give you rotten food, try another restaurant. Why wait til you get sick.

Qcard

Reaction score
This off-season, it was certainly obvious even to the average fan (and more importantly football experts) that the Cowboys needed major help at several positions including C, LT, LB, but most glaringly at DT and RB. It was visible a mile away. What did our FO do to address these positions?
  • Drafted Tyler Guyton and Cooper Beebe to shore up OL needs. (Both appear to have major upside)
  • Drafted DE Marshawn Kneeland who has good upside as an edge run stopper, and has flashed some good potential.
  • Drafted LB Marist Liafau who also shown potential.
  • Drafted CB Caelen Carson who also has flashed lots of upside.
  • Drafted WR Ryan Flournoy in round 6. Has made the team but hasn’t played yet.
  • Drafted two 7th rounders - a long shot T Nathan Thomas (on IR) and DT Justin Rogers who was cut.
The penny pinching Cowboys Free agency moves to address needs: Signed retread RB Royce Freeman, now on his 5th team in 6 years, a slow and washed up Zeke Elliott, and eventually signed DT Linvall Joseph from his retirement couch. Then in August traded for DT Jordan Phillips who has just been placed on IR for a wrist injury Phillips says is “fine”. Ouuuuuch!

After two games this season, the two positions that scream “help needed immediately“ are DT and RB. Just like they were back in March when the off-season started.

In the Cowboys last 16 games (including last year’s playoff loss to GB) we have literally been blown out by teams that were physical and could run the ball and we could not run the ball against them. We lost to SF 42-10, Buffalo 31-10, GB 48-32, and to NO 44-19. In each of those blowout losses, it was obvious we can’t stop the run, nor run the ball.

Heading into game 3, I don’t know what this organization can do to fix these huge holes at DT and RB except try to make a trade or get lucky finding a player in the trash heap. Both are long shots. And I go back to March when options were available especially in the draft. It was visible a mile away.
:bow: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Name calling around here is wrong under any circumstance and there’s no place for it. I’d personally be much less tolerant of it but I don’t run this place nor wish to. I respect the house.

On the negativity, when the food is continually rotten, people gonna eventually start sending it back, even if you’re the only restaurant in town. It sure is taking a while, but ok…..

You just have a much different point of view than many around here, and have the ability to put the situation into what’s probably the proper perspective.

But it’s also fair to say that you shouldn’t really be surprised that the proper place to vent about Jerry and his act includes many that are doing just that, given the results and refusal to change.
Not all failure is due to the element of good ol' Jerry. Specific elements are being attacked. Not Jerry on the carpet. He doesn't play and players have personal attitudes that influence as well. The coaches control those elements.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's right...send it back and if they continue to give you rotten food, try another restaurant. Why wait til you get sick.
I hear ya but not sure restaurant is best analogy. Unless it’s the only one in town. But another one could open.

To me it’s more like a family loved one who you’ll always care for rooting for their success regardless of their poor choices. But you’ll still let me know what you think providing advice.

Another good analogy for me is we can love our country while not supporting or agreeing with our leadership and their policies or direction.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
All depends on who's voting and who they vote for.
There has always been the fact that there is no right way to do the wrong thing and you stated that you didn't worry.

I have another rule, on the subject of lies, cheating, and stealing...not to support them as well. Neither of us are on suicide watch, not even directed by procedure.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There has always been the fact that there is no right way to do the wrong thing and you stated that you didn't worry.

I have another rule, on the subject of lies, cheating, and stealing...not to support them as well. Neither of us are on suicide watch, not even directed by procedure.
Real life is different than the Dallas Cowboys...there's a time and place. I was raised right

fivetwos

Reaction score
In fairness, while maybe not the most thought through analogy, I did mention being the only restaurant in town.

All I’m saying is that people are pissed and it doesn’t really surprise me that they want to vent.

I wish in a big way that the talk would be more about football as things once were, but it’s not, and the longer the drought goes, the worse it’s likely to get.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Jerry would have been fired by now if he wasn’t the owner. No GM lasts this long without playoff success. None.

It’s ok Rambo. Admitting Jerry isn’t a good GM doesn’t mean you aren’t a fan anymore. You can do it.
The Eagles even hold their HC to higher standards than Dallas. They fired Doug Pederson who had a 4-2 playoff record and won them their only Superbowl. Sirianni is on the hot seat even after 3 straight winning seasons and a Superbowl appearance. Yet McCarthy can keep using the 3 12 win seasons as an excuse for why he is still here

CCBoy

Reaction score
Real life is different than the Dallas Cowboys...there's a time and place. I was raised right
Real life? The Cowboys had an initial environment when born. When Jerry arrived, gambling was the way with a dominant leadership. Now there are complicated realities that now affect dominance. Those are now struggled with, and that applies with a Jerry owned Cowboys.

Jerry didn't have a silver spoon as he challenged life...

The Dallas franchise has both an honest leadership group and they are committed at a strong professional level.

I truly respect your path, family, and confidence. We share a love of the Cowboys.

You understand respect as I do about you.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In fairness, while maybe not the most thought through analogy, I did mention being the only restaurant in town.

All I’m saying is that people are pissed and it doesn’t really surprise me that they want to vent.

I wish in a big way that the talk would be more about football as things once were, but it’s not, and the longer the drought goes, the worse it’s likely to get.
To be somewhat fair it’s not like they’re serving up complete crap, it’s just not up to the standards we became accustomed to.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Since they haven't done this in many years, what makes you think they suddenly will?
That's the part that disillusions me. We can observe and note how close the Cowboys are to contending, we can project on the path forward to getting there, but it's all fantasy and insanity given the clear track record this FO has with skimping in the trenches and missing on their long shot DL draft picks. Now that their cap strapped they can't even hold on to the "serviceable" DL that they draft. More of the same is what we should be expecting.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Eagles even hold their HC to higher standards than Dallas. They fired Doug Pederson who had a 4-2 playoff record and won them their only Superbowl. Sirianni is on the hot seat even after 3 straight winning seasons and a Superbowl appearance. Yet McCarthy can keep using the 3 12 win seasons as an excuse for why he is still here
Jerry invests in people that he can trust for his team, but who he respects to develop on the basis of a supportive man. Not with positional blindness.

He respects time in the sport and who were that persons was mentored by in focus. He does gamble as to qualities that come together, but he does seek extensive input by knowledgeable sources. Good ones at that.

HungryLion

Reaction score

I live in SE PA. I hear Philly sports talk sometimes when I’m driving. Their fans rip Howie Roseman regularly when he makes mistakes, despite winning a Super Bowl and being to another Super Bowl in the last 8 years.

Yet some Cowboys fans want to paint us as non
Fans because we criticize Jerry who has led the cowboys to bottom 10 playoff success over the last 29 years.

It’s nonsense.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I hear ya but not sure restaurant is best analogy. Unless it’s the only one in town. But another one could open.

To me it’s more like a family loved one who you’ll always care for rooting for their success regardless of their poor choices. But you’ll still let me know what you think providing advice.

Another good analogy for me is we can love our country while not supporting or agreeing with our leadership and their policies or direction.
Zimmer is "old school" enough not to give away the game plan. So when asked again if DeMarvion Overshown could be used like he was in Week 1 against Cleveland, Zimmer sheepishly replied with another option.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spy-games-with-lamar-or-something-like-that

Jackson accounts for a lot of the Ravens rushing. Discouraging him with scouts really may help.